Installation Surveying Engineer
Survey Engineer Job in Mississippi
About the job
* Take first line responsibility for the safe, efficient and effective work delivery and customer satisfaction
* Provide technical support, coaching and advice to customers about improving their energy efficiency plus measures
* Complete eligibility assessment on each customer
* Design a heating system to meet both customer and business requirements
* Provide energy advice to all customers
* To enable the delivery of the highest standards of quality, efficiency, safety and customer satisfaction and to deliver to business and personal KPIs to increase profitability
* Take proactive measures to avoid complaints and provide support as required to the management on handling complaints and to proactively take ownership to resolve issues at the earliest possible stage.
* To complete EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) at customers property post Nest measures.
* Complete a technical home audit EPR (Energy Performance Report) on customers properties
* To complete technical post inspections, sign off installation work completed on Nest.
* Refer and signpost customers to other third parties
* Approve / Decline ASP's (Additional Service Products)
* Complete primary heating measure surveys
* Complete technical assessments maintaining safe work delivery for your region and provide information updates as required
* To identify improvements to working practices and adopt "best practice" within the business to maximise profitability and reduce costs.
* Promote and take proactive measures to provide a healthy and safe working environment for customers and other third parties.
* Support the team in initiatives to improve business performance and profitability.
* Develop and maintain excellent customer relations, resolving low-level field related customer complaints and problematic jobs in order to improve the reputation of the Company. Take proactive action to identify and address the cause for complaint.
* Provide corrective and or preventative reports for management in respect of complaints.
* Identify any operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate.
* Operate information systems to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records.
* Understand and adhere to the company and department standards, policies and procedures.
* Adhere to the Competence and Training procedures, in particular, to promote a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed.
* Apply British Gas values in all day to day activities.
* Complete primary heating measure surveys for mains gas, LPG, Oil, Electricity & secondary measures i.e. Loft insulation, Cavity Wall, Draught Proofing
* Promote, and provide accurate information on products and services to ensure consistency across the Nest scheme and provide reliable and trustworthy customer service.
* Ensure the business adheres to the regulatory responsibilities and compliance of the Nest scheme.
* Complete final inspection sign-off visits (post installation) ensuring at all times that all works have been completed to the customers' satisfaction and in line with the contract specification
* Understand the health, safety, environmental & associated legal requirements that are relevant to the work and ensure the teams comply with these.
* Help the teams understand and actively promote issues regarding health, safety & the environment.
* Help facilitate the delivery of a seamless customer experience.
* Networking with other Surveyors/Contract Managers/Office Staff and those involved in training and development activities.
* Customer Operations.
Knowledge and Qualifications
* Gas Safe Registered - Optional
* ASHP accredited - Optional
* EPC trained - Optional
Nest Role Specific Requirements
* Energy Awareness 6281-01 (essential)
* Renewable Awareness 6281-02 (desirable)
* GDA/DEA qualification (essential)
* ACS (essential) - core gas & LPG
* OFTEC qualification (essential)
* Part P / 17th edition (desirable)
* High level of competence in the safe operation of equipment.
* Thorough understanding of what delivers great customer service.
* Fully conversant with best practice in relation to safety and compliance.
* Computer literacy in order to operate technical packages on a daily basis
* Understand the complaints escalation and resolution process.
* Current full driving licence valid for use within the UK.
* Plan and prioritise own workload ensuring that the customer is kept fully informed of work schedule.
* Experience of surveying properties or installing heating systems or similar
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Positive approach to change and willing to learn new skills and develop the role as required
* Ability to work in isolation, self-motivated and flexible to meet the demands of the business
* Ability to work to challenging targets and timescales
* Commercial Know-How: Managing for value, Understanding our Customers, Effective customer relationship, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Confidence and creditability with the ability to articulate in a clear and concise manner.
* Ability to effectively communicate information and knowledge assertively, whilst demonstrating empathy with customers and colleagues.
* Coaching skills.
* Able to adapt to new systems and processes quickly.
* Ability to generate solutions to solve problems.
* Initiative to settle customer problems.
* Ability to prioritise deliverables and plan accordingly
NB. These are the key responsibilities and core skills required. There may be variations depending on the level of experience and knowledge gained and the size and complexity of the business area.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the 'Apply' button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
$56k-98k yearly est.