Marvin's - Commercial Sales Associate
Commercial Sales Associate Job in Atmore, AL
The Inside Commercial Salesperson plays an important role in driving commercial sales for the store. They should strive to provide superior customer service by providing quality solutions for the business needs of our commercial customers while meeting the individual and store expectations for sales volume and gross margin. The Inside Commercial Salesperson must work effectively with customers, vendors, and other employees. In some locations the Inside Salesperson will support the Outside Salespersons' efforts through order processing, checking inventory and ensuring deliveries can arrive on time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Presenting a professional and positive customer service-oriented image when dealing with customers or vendors either in person or on the phone.
* Possess knowledge of competitor strengths and weaknesses and develop appropriate and accurate methods of presenting Marvin's products and services as alternatives to those of competitors.Exceeding our commercial customer's expectations in regards to customer service.
* Maintaining the commercial sales area in the store in a neat and professional manner.
* Processing sales for all cash and credit commercial customers as well as consumer homebuilders and other consumer customers as needed.
* Possessing the technical expertise to properly assist commercial customers with their questions.
* Producing materials lists from blueprints or other medium.
* Soliciting, properly documenting on the Quote Log, and promptly responding to quote requests.
* Maintaining CNRG as an active bidder on all government and institutional bid lists.
* Learning and understanding the proper use of the computer system and other tools that may become available for commercial sales development at a later date.
* Soliciting potential customers to open a commercial credit account with Blue Tarp.
* Working effectively as a team with the commercial sales personnel as well as with other associates and vendors.
* Becoming familiar with the local market and adapting quickly to changes in the market.
* Assisting store manager in developing sales plan outlining target customers, growth opportunities, and sales and margin expectations.
* Advising store manager of new product needs and changes.
* Participation in local builder associations (where available) and maintaining business contacts through these organizations.
* Assisting store manager in maintaining competitive prices by monitoring local commercial competition.
* Daily calls to existing customers and documenting these calls and following up on any issues in a timely manner.
* Active participation in weekly meetings with the store manager, yard leader, drivers and outside salesperson(s) to discuss any issues related to the prior week, any upcoming potential issues, future product needs, evaluate sales for the prior week, evaluate opportunities for the upcoming week and other items related to commercial sales.
Budgets and Financial Performance:
* Maintain budgeted or otherwise acceptable level of sales and gross margin across all product categories.
* Maintain budgeted mix of customer accounts.
* Demonstrate growth in new accounts on a monthly basis.
Safety & Loss Prevention:
* Possess working knowledge of company and store security measures.
* Follow company or job site safety guidelines and basic safety practices at all times.
* Participate in regular store safety meetings.
* Utilize care when driving to customer job sites or other places of business.
* Use the Resource Center to submit instances of items with incorrect retail prices, items that will not scan properly, or items with incorrect descriptions.
Perform other duties similar to those above as assigned by store management or other qualified corporate or platform representative.
Must have good oral/written communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers, vendors, and other employees in person and on the telephone. Must be customer service-oriented and team-oriented. Must have good organizational skills. Must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Must have a valid driver's license. Must be able to climb up and down ladders, reach, bend, twist, kneel, lift up to 100 lbs., handle large odd shaped items and stock items in overhead areas. Must be able to accurately count and distinguish merchandise. Must be able to learn to use a computer to complete customer transactions. Must have building construction and product knowledge experience. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
This job is an hourly position and is not exempt from overtime. Though successful inside salespeople may be considered for other opportunities within the company, the position carries no guarantee of career progression. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Central Network Retail Group, LLC complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.
Central Network Retail Group, LLC https://cnrgstores.hirecentric.com