Full Job Description
Western Home Communities is seeking to add an Occupational Therapy Assistant to join our team who will assist directly and indirectly with the delivery of Occupational Therapy treatment services under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist. If you are looking to sharpen your skills, are an effective communicator and work well with others, please submit an application on our website today!
• Provide therapeutic treatment in accordance with the patients' established plan of care, with a focus on functional and measurable outcomes.
• Assist the Occupational Therapist in establishing restorative nursing programs, as necessary, in conjunction with restorative nursing department efforts to provide appropriate comprehensive care to patients
• Plan and administer OT treatment interventions per OT Evaluation and Plan of Care
• Educate patients and families regarding the role of therapy and therapeutic interventions
• Monitor and document patient progress in response to treatment interventions
• Successful completion of an accredited Occupational Therapist Assistant Program and certification (or eligibility for) by AOTA
• Valid license or eligible for licensure to practice as an Occupational Therapy Assistant in Iowa
• High level communication skills, both verbal and written
• Effective leadership and customer relationship skills
• Ability to exercise mature judgment with initiative in analyzing and solving problems
• (Full-time) Health, Dental and Vision
• Flexible PTO
• 401k Match
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Wellness Reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program
• Alternate wage scale available for those who choose to waive benefits
• *Actual wage based on experience
• And much more!
If you feel like you, or someone you know, would be a good fit for this opportunity within Western Home Communities- we would love to talk!
Western Home Communities is a continuing care retirement community (CCRC). That means we offer residential living for seniors at every stage of health, activity and independence, from those who need no assistance, to others who require round-the-clock nursing care. This is often referred to as the continuum of care.
Western Home Communities is a charitable Christian Service Organization that assertively creates fulfilling lifestyles for those we serve, their families and our employees.
The ideal candidate for this position supports the Western Home Communities values of people first, servant spirit, innovation and financial integrity.
We offer an array of living options, care, and services for the well-being of our clients.
Join our team to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!