Direct major functional areas including financial services, forecasting, monitoring, reporting; accounting; payroll; purchasing. Identify and recommending policy options for the formulation and execution of the City's overall financial policies, strategies, planning, and forecasts. Manage performance and development of staff and related systems.
What we offer:
* Career progression
* Training and professional development
* Competitive pay, benefits and time off
* Excellent health and vision coverage for you and your family
* Employee Wellness Center for health care services
* 10.5 paid holidays
* State sponsored pension plan
* City-paid life insurance and long-term disability
* Optional Dental Plans
* Tuition reimbursement
* Community Center Membership discount
* Employee computer purchase program
* And muchmore!
* Identify and recommend policy options for City management and Council; for the formulationand execution of the City's overall financial policies, strategies, planning, and forecasts.Presentfinancialreportingto CityCouncil, CityManager,and City Staff.
* Ensure compliance with the City's Financial Policies, local, state, and federal budgetary, andfinancial reporting requirements; overseeing the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure,cash flow, financial statements, financial forecasting, monitoring City investment activities andperformance.
* Analyze cash flow, cost controls, financial statements, and expenses to identify opportunities, andto guide City management; coordinate debt management and capital financing, developmentagreementsandotherfinancialactivities asrequired.
* Responsible for establishing and implementing short- and long-range goals, managementobjectives; establish and maintain appropriate financial safeguards and controls; monitoring andanalyzing Cityrevenues and expenditures.
* Establish and maintain an internal control structure for procurement, revenues, expenditures,assets and financial reporting to ensure fiscal accuracy and that requirements and/or obligationsaremet;workwith Budgetto reviewrevenueand expenditureprojections.
* Apply policy criteria to ensure that agreements are adequate as to accounting form; monitoringrevenue collection and expenditures of budgets and funds, and providing written and verbalstatus,findings and reports.
* Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial, payroll and management information systems for the City.
* Serve as the City Treasurer and represent the City and City Council to government agencies, funding agencies, and the general public on matters relating to City finances. Develop interdepartmental and/or partnerships with outside stakeholders; act in a liaison capacity with other governmental agencies on financial matters.
* Workwith applicable City staff,outsideagenciesandconsultantsonspecificeconomicdevelopmentissuesandprospects.
* Establish and maintain a working environmental conducive to positive morale, individual style,quality, creativity, and teamwork. Provide leadership, counsel, motivation and constructiveperformancereviewtostaff,securingtheir respectivecommitmentstothedepartment'sgoals.
* Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
Experience:At least 5 years of experience in Financial Managementor related field, including 3 years administrative and/or supervisory responsibility.Extensive experience in Financial Management in localgovernment required.
Education:Bachelors Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, or related field. Master's degree in related field preferred.
SUPERVISEDBY:Director of Economy
SUPERVISES:Financial Services Manager, Financial Strategy Manager, Budget Manager, Procurement Manager, and Accountants