Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars provides free, daily afterschool programs to school-aged youth in school sites all across the U.S. Our vision is for our All-Stars to be safe and healthy, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a career they love, and to give back to their communities. This role is part of the National After-School All-Stars team. After-School All-Stars is currently seeking to hire an HR Paylocity Administrator. The HR Paylocity Administrator partners with the HR team, Finance team, and Development to integrate three systems Paylocity, Financial Edge and Raisers Edge.$37k-47k yearly est.19d ago
Sr. Risk Analyst
The most significant disciplines in which Bernards projects are focused in, Healthcare, K - 12/Higher Education, Government, Entertainment, Mixed-Use, Residential, and Retail, and more. Aligning with our mission of building a better experience for our customers, industry partners, and Employee-Owners, Bernards continuously builds its premier contractor status by exhibiting core values of mutual respect, integrity, serving others, and continuous improvement, daily. Established in 1974, Bernards is a growth-oriented Employee-Owned multidisciplinary commercial builder and construction management company delivering technical expertise and outstanding construction services to developers, corporations, educational institutions, and public agencies for projects ranging in size from $5 million to over $500 million.$78k-107k yearly est.20d ago
Project Safety Manager
The most significant disciplines in which Bernards projects are focused in, Healthcare, K - 12/Higher Education, Government, Entertainment, Mixed-Use, Residential, and Retail, and more. Aligning with our mission of building a better experience for our customers, industry partners, and Employee-Owners, Bernards continuously builds its premier contractor status by exhibiting core values of mutual respect, integrity, serving others, and continuous improvement, daily. Established in 1974, Bernards is a growth-oriented Employee-Owned multidisciplinary commercial builder and construction management company delivering technical expertise and outstanding construction services to developers, corporations, educational institutions, and public agencies for projects ranging in size from $5 million to over $500 million.$92k-121k yearly est.21d ago
Assistant Director of Utilities
The City of Vacaville is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Utilities! The Assistant Director provides strong support to the Director in the administration and oversight of operation, engineering, project management and utility administration issues.$167.4k-203.4k yearly9d ago
Senior Director of HR
ASAS is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional Senior National Director of Human Resources (Senior DHR)!
About the Organization
Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars (ASAS) provides free, daily afterschool programs to over 70,000 middle school aged youth in over 300 school sites in 19 chapters across the U.S. Our vision is for our All Stars to be safe and healthy, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a career they love, and to give back to their communities.
The HR division's focus is recruiting and compensation, performance management, culture and retention, employee benefits and labor relations, DEIB, and employee development for the entire network. The HR department is comprised of a Senior HR/Payroll role, two HR Generalists, a Recruiter (new role, hiring), a Benefits Coordinator (hiring), a Payroll Specialist (new role, hiring), and a Paylocity Systems Administrator (new role, hiring). Currently the Dept is supported. By 2 staff who perform the functions of benefits, operations, chapter liaison, payroll support. The new roles will establish these functions in the Department for our growing organization. There is an opportunity to hire one additional Senior role to assist with compliance.
The Sr. DHR will report into the President, working closely with Chapter Executive Directors, leadership team and across the organization.
The Sr. DHR will reside in either Chicago or Los Angeles metropolitan areas. The Sr. DHR will work remotely, however, this may change with plenty of notice and in city of residence. They should be available to attend meetings and events as needed, approximately twice yearly.
Human Resources Staff Management and Department Operations
• Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and other effectiveness indicators to monitor progress for all of HR's major functions.
• Oversee and manages the HR department budget.
• Manage the HR and Talent dashboard and board book updates.
• Ensure Paylocity is optimized for ASAS's needs, working closely with newly established Paylocity Systems Administrator
• Ensures that Paylocity is integrated as a system to finance system by monitoring ease of communication/collaboration among
HR, Finance, Development departments, and participating as needed
Recruitment and Compensation
• Establish a recruitment strategy for ASAS, including hiring 2 FT recruiters for the Dept
• Work with recruiting specialists to contribute to the overall talent acquisition strategy for the organization.
• Identify and build new and creative sourcing tools and recruitment networks.
• Build and promote processes, protocols, templates, and tools for hiring staff.
• Ensure the organization has top quality, diverse job candidates by building strong referral and partnership networks and cultivating relationships with potential future candidates.
• Ensures compliance in recruiting nationwide. Build compensation guidelines and establish fair practices for salary bands and pay increases.
• Strives to ensure the organization's pay is equitable.
Employee Development, including Onboarding,
• Create and execute on a vision for talent development that fosters a strong culture of engagement and development to achieve organizational outcomes.
• Partner with the Executive team and managers across the organization to develop powerful, consistent on- boarding tools and techniques for new team members.
• Ensure applicants have interview and onboarding experiences that are high quality and reflective of the organization's culture.
• Working collaboratively, develop, manage competency-based staff training, building structures to support staff professional development.
• Lead planning and development of high-impact professional development opportunities across the organization.
• Suggest professional development opportunities to invest in key leaders and managers, while allocating staff professional development program and budget.
• Analyze data regularly to make metrics-based decisions.
• Reassess and enhance all aspects of annual performance management process for the next Fiscal Year utilizing the Paylocity Systems
• Create and administer annual talent/succession planning cycle, including objective talent identification tools to identify internal skills and areas of improvement.
• Manage staff evaluation and feedback cycles to develop and execute strategies that leverage managers and leaders to build a strong organizational culture.
Culture and Retention
• Develop and execute a people and culture strategy to attract, retain, develop, and scale the organization's talent through equitable practices for full-time and part-time employees.
• Act as an internal consultant to the Executive team on topics such as leadership development performance management, culture building, and hiring practices.
• Strives to create a culture of belonging for employees.
• Manage annual updates to the Employee Handbook.
• Drive diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging across the organization through implementing initiatives to promote DEIB into our learning, core people processes and ways of working.
• Proactively and effectively improve workplace culture to foster organizational and individual effectiveness in a manner consistent with the organization's values.
• Ensure the Executive team and managers have the expertise and tools necessary to foster organizational effectiveness in a multicultural environment.
• Foster a culture of accountability, trust, recognition, and results among staff at all levels consistent with the short and long-term objectives of the organization.
Employee Benefits and Labor Relations
• Manages and maintains the organization's employee benefits offerings through our partner, Alliant.
• Manage relationship with Alliant, to evaluate and maximize services.
• Evaluate and manage ASAS's Best Place to Work philosophies and employee benefits/wellness practices.
• Build and promote processes, protocols, templates, and tools for ensuring that ASAS is aligned to all applicable employment laws and is approaching labor compliance with a high standard of excellence.
• Stays current on changing laws and requirements and adjust ASAS policies as needed.
• Advise on federal, state, and local regulations and policies.
• Adjusts and manages the complaint and grievance process and protocol, including but not limited to, dispute resolution.
• Work with leaders across the organization to address labor or compliance related issues when they arise.
• Oversee the risk management processes for the organization, including emergency preparedness.
The Senior DHR should embody ASAS's core values: accountable, collaborative, transparent, proactive, and entrepreneurial, and demonstrate a commitment to the mission of helping kids succeed in school and in life.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
• A bachelor's degree and seven years of progressively responsible human resources experience.
• Experience managing a human resources staff. Non-profit experience with both full-time and part-time workforce.
• Strong computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience overseeing and managing data from a HR platform is required; with proficiency in Paylocity or another contemporary HRIS is strongly preferred.
• A passion for ASAS' mission and familiarity with issues impacting the youth and communities we serve.
• Ability to develop trusted relationships across all levels of the ASAS team, built on professionalism, follow-up, and accurate communication.
• Influence and coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions. Possesses an executive presence and emotional intelligence.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
• Highly developed interview skills, sharp discernment, and ability to execute good judgment.
• A strategic thinker and manager who maintains a strong balance between creative vision and project management skills, which many times will require one to actively roll up their sleeves to bring great ideas to life.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, including with remote colleagues and ASAS staff at all levels of the organization.
• Flexible and able to adapt to changing position demands and shifting organizational priorities.
• PHR and related DEIB certification is strongly preferred.
The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the individual candidate. ASAS promotes a healthy work/life blend and offers a top tier benefits package, including covering 99% medical, dental, vision, a 403b match, 18 days of paid time off, and 25 paid organizational holidays (including one week at Thanksgiving and two weeks at each calendar year- end).
ASAS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law.
Please send brief cover letter stating interest in the positions, reasons why, include resume outlining experience, skills to firstname.lastname@example.org$125k-176k yearly est.13d ago
Fiscal Policy Analyst
Conducts audits of City operations, programs and activities; evaluates actual versus projected outcomes; identifies areas of risk; recommends functional and operational changes needed to improve the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of City government services and programs; Some of the responsibilities and qualifications that we look for in a fiscal policy analyst are as follows: In many cases, this involves verifying compliance with laws and regulations, assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of the City's operations, and identifying internal control weaknesses and failures. The Office of the City Auditor provides independent, objective, and reliable information regarding the City's ability to meet its goals and objectives, and establish an adequate system of internal controls. The City Auditor also prepares persuasive audit reports with recommendations to mitigate or eliminate the areas of concern. Periodic attendance at evening City Council meetings, including presentation of reports;$69k-93k yearly est.5d ago
City Council Legislative Aide
* Receive, respond to, and refer citizen complaints and reports for handling and follow-up by various City departments. * Coordinates and facilitates City Hall tours, other special events, and visits as assigned. * Compile and maintain source material for special presentations by the City Council member at Council meetings including meeting agendas and minutes, correspondence and other related materials. * Work with departments to ensure elected officials' education on City policies and procedures and rules, including but not limited to, the Brown Act, the California Public Records Act, and the California Fair Political Practices Commission rules and regulations. * Respond independently to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature for the City Council. * Assist in preparing speeches, news releases, radio broadcasts, and other media information by working under the direction of the City Manager Office (CMO) in collaboration with Communications Division. * Coordinate administrative support for council members, including scheduling appointments, travel logistics, meetings, and civic and community events details, including certificates of recognition, commendations, and proclamations for the City Council. * Accompany Council members in the community and at professional meetings; appearances, functions, media photo sessions, take summary notes, and provide oral or written updates to council and City leadership. NOTE: Council Aide cannot work on political campaigns on City time and must comply with all City policies and procedures, and rules, including but not limited to: the Brown Act, the California Public Records Act, and the California Fair Political Practices Commission rules and regulations. * Be familiar with City policies and procedures in response to inquiries and make appropriate referrals and self-initiated/self-starter follow-up/through * Perform a wide variety of administrative, community relations, and support services duties for Council members and tracks a variety of matters referred by the City Manager and information actions requested by the City Council to ensure deadlines are met.$29k-46k yearly est.13d ago
As our chief legal advisor, the City Attorney represents and advises the City Council, city staff and several regional organizations -- including the airport, housing and civic authorities. The City Attorney is appointed by a majority of the City Council. If you're an innovative leader ready to unite a community bound for greatness, the City of Palmdale is the place for you. The City Attorney has the expertise to keep us on a path that is ethically and legally sound. The City of Palmdale wants a leader who wants to translate legal expertise into a lasting legacy in a city that is hitting its stride. Our City Attorney will help us get there. The City Attorney oversees a team of approximately four employees, composed of an Assistant City Attorney, professional experts, and supportive clerical staff. The City Attorney represents the City of Palmdale with the utmost professionalism -- and understands and embraces our vision for the future. The City Attorney is excited to lay the foundation today for the city we want tomorrow. The City of Palmdale's City Attorney is a servant leader with stellar integrity, excellent communication skills, sound managerial experience, and the ability to solve problems with creative solutions.$105k-142k yearly est.Easy Apply41d ago
Senior Engineering Technician
The Senior Engineering Technician receives general supervision from a higher level professional or paraprofessional engineer. Provide City staff and the public with information as requested including legal descriptions of parcels, address verification, property ownership, assessor's parcel numbers, zoning designations, easements, flood zone status, public right-of-way, property jurisdiction, and assessment districts as able. The Senior Engineering Technician is distinguished from the Engineering Technician II by the performance of the complex duties as assigned with only minimal instruction or supervision. Prepare a variety of maps and exhibits for the Planning Commission, City Council, and other occasional meetings.$81k-112k yearly est.60d+ ago
Police Officer 2214
SELECTION PROCESS$65k-87k yearly est.5d ago
DUTIES A Criminalist searches for, collects and preserves physical evidence in the investigation of crime and suspected criminals; examines evidence by means of physical and chemical analyses; prepares reports of findings; and gives expert testimony in court. 1. In addition to the regular City application, all applicants must complete the Criminalist Training and Experience Questionnaire at the time of filing. NOTES: * You must complete both the application and the Criminalist Suppleme A Criminalist is subject to call at any hour and may work under unpleasant and adverse conditions, including high places, dangerous locations, and in proximity to dead bodies and biological and chemical hazards, in order to investigate crime scenes. However, candidates with at least 18 months of full-time paid professional experience as a Criminalist (Forensic Chemist) may be considered for appointment to the second pay grade. The Criminalist Training and Experience Questionnaire is located within the Supplemental Questions Section of the City application. 4. Please note that qualifying education must be from a college or university accredited by a City of Los Angeles recognized agency. City job applications and the Criminalist Supplemental Training and Experience Questionnaire WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ON-LINE.$95.3k-139.3k yearly9d ago
Veterinary Technician 2369
DUTIES A Veterinary Technician assists a Veterinarian by performing routine and subprofessional duties in the medical or surgical treatment of animals at the City's animal shelters or spay and neuter clinics, performs euthanasia-by-injection and immunizations under the direction of a licensed Veterinarian, administers emergency medical treatment to injured animals, and does related work. A copy of the certificate may be attached to the on-line application at the time of filing or delivered to the Personnel Department at 700 East Temple Street, Room 100, Los Angeles, CA 90012. A Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) certificate, issued by the State of California Veterinary Medical Board, is required at the time of filing. Applicants will have 7 calendar days from the on-line application submission date to submit a copy of the Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) Certificate.$54.5k-79.7k yearly5d ago
A Programmer Analyst (Software Developer) does technically difficult programming and application or software support; analyzes existing systems and procedures; determines the feasibility of data processing applications; designs and participates in the implementation of systems of computer programs; and may act as a lead analyst or project leader in supervising technical employees who are performing such work. * Two years of full-time paid experience as an Applications Programmer with the City of Los Angeles. * For information regarding reciprocity between the City of Los Angeles departments and LADWP, go to http://per.lacity.org/Reciprocity_CityDepts_and_DWP.pdf.$132.8k-165k yearly9d ago
Park Ranger 1966 (b)
(c) Full-time experience as a Security Officer with the City of Los Angeles; (a) Full-time experience, as a Park Ranger or other law enforcement officer with a recognized peace officer organization; 1. U.S. citizenship, or must have applied for U.S. citizenship before the date of the Park Ranger application; and 2. See Job Preview for additional information regarding the duties and requirements of a Park Ranger. 4. Please note that qualifying education must be from a college or university accredited by a City of Los Angeles recognized agency.$64.1k-84.1k yearly7d ago
Water Utility Worker 3912 (c) (rev 12/15/22)
A Water Utility Worker installs, maintains, operates, replaces, and repairs water mains, services, fire hydrants, water meters, and appurtenant valves and equipment. * For information regarding reciprocity between the City of Los Angeles departments and LADWP, go to http://per.lacity.org/Reciprocity_CityDepts_and_DWP.pdf.$105.8k-111.7k yearly13d ago
Senior Staff Assistant - Engineering
With supervisor approval, incumbents may be eligible for intermittent remote work; however, they must physically reside within the State of California with the ability to report to Sacramento-based physical worksites daily if required. The Senior Staff Assistant independently performs difficult clerical tasks requiring specialized knowledge of clerical functions and department operations. Under general supervision, a Senior Staff Assistant performs a wide variety of responsible, confidential and complex clerical duties; compiles, types and proofreads documents; sorts, files, and distributes documents and correspondence; compiles and maintains confidential materials; maintains records; responds to inquiries. The Senior Staff Assistant is distinguished from Staff Assistant in that the former performs more complex and technically difficult clerical tasks and works more independently. The City of Sacramento requires all newly appointed employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The Senior Staff Assistant for the Engineering & Water Resources Division of the Department of Utilities will perform a wide variety of complex and confidential clerical activities for the Division.$51k-68k yearly est.5d ago
With supervisor approval, incumbents may be eligible for intermittent remote work; however, they must physically reside within the State of California with the ability to report to Sacramento-based physical worksites daily if required. Under general supervision, the Systems Engineer performs a variety of professional, technical and systems programming and/or systems administration duties involving the implementation and maintenance of software and hardware infrastructure that provides Citywide connectivity capability between different platforms that manage information technology resources and support the execution of automated applications. The Systems Engineer performs a variety of routine network administration and systems programming duties in support of centralized and departmental operations,including computing platforms ranging from PCs to mainframes and associated networks. The Systems Engineer solves non-routine problems while referring only unusual matters to the supervisor. General supervision is provided by and Information Technology Manager, Information Technology Supervisor, Principal Systems Engineer or department management staff. The Systems Engineer is the journey-level professional class for network administration and systems programming. This classification is distinguished from the Senior Systems Engineer in that the latter is the advanced journey level with greater latitude in decision-making and greater responsibility in the areas of design and implementation. The City of Sacramento requires all newly appointed employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.$74k-95k yearly est.Easy Apply3d ago
Assistant Finance Director
The City of Downey is seeking an Assistant Finance Director.$84k-106k yearly est.2d ago
Senior Engineer - Wastewater (Planning)
With supervisor approval, incumbents may be eligible for intermittent remote work; however, they must physically reside within the State of California with the ability to report to Sacramento-based physical worksites daily if required. The classification of Senior Engineer is distinguished from that of Associate Civil Engineer in that the former serves as project or team leader and performs the most complex and highly skilled engineering work while the latter is the journey level in the registered engineer series. The City of Sacramento, Department of Utilities, Wastewater CIP/Planning Section is seeking a well-qualified Senior Civil Engineer to join the Planning team that works on modeling, master planning, development support, asset management, and project delivery support. Under general direction, the Senior Engineer participates in the conduct of complicated civil, structural, electrical, or mechanical engineering planning, design, construction, maintenance/operation, plan review, assessment, and regulatory activities; develops plans; inspects sites and assists in problem resolution; coordinates engineering related activities with other City departments and outside agencies; conducts engineering planning studies; conducts plan reviews; and prepares grant applications. The City of Sacramento requires all newly appointed employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Senior Engineer is distinguished from Supervising Engineer in that the latter manages broad professional engineering categories, such as electrical, mechanical, civil, structural, environmental, traffic, water, drainage, wastewater, or sanitation.$83k-106k yearly est.Easy Apply13d ago