Financial Analyst or Senior Financial Financial Analyst (DOE)
Senior Finance Analyst Job in Soldotna, AK
Translate data into information critical for strategy development and execution and problem resolution by gathering information from multiple internal and external sources; developing spreadsheets and other supporting data; completing analyses, writing reports, and preparing presentations.
Translate raw data into information critical for decision support and operations management. Gather information from multiple internal and external sources, develop standard financial models for analysis and reporting, and perform ad-hoc analysis, financial presentations, and business intelligence development to support all areas of financial planning.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work largely on projects with substantial complexity, breadth of scope, and impact to the organization. Deliver analyses that lead to an understanding of complex issues and are critical to strategy development, execution, and problem resolution. Serve as a resource for standard and specialized subject matter expertise.
Collect data on actual financial performance, compare to budgeted performance, analyze variances, and prepare periodic reports for executive management.
Participate in the ongoing analysis and maintenance of financial systems. Assists with system upgrades and conversions to modern business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
Construct and maintain sophisticated financial models in support of the operating and capital budget development and reporting processes for example the P&L, Long-Term, Cash Flow, and Balance Sheet modeling
Compile data submitted by managers and compare it to budget targets set by executive management. Identify variances and submit for review by executive management. Assist in the development of value-add KPI’s
Serve as a resource for internal customers by researching and answering capital and operating budget questions.
Perform complex financial analysis associated with special projects, including pre-acquisition analyses, acquisitions, business cases, and refinancing.
Assist to develop short and long-term IT plans and forecasts.
Other duties as assigned.
- Highly knowledgeable in standard financial metrics, models, and presentation creation, maintenance, and interpretation. Can use these skills to develop decision support and value-add KPI’s for Executive level management.
- Successful candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills. The position will require frequent preparation and delivery of detailed plans and proposals. Strong communication/interpersonal skills with emphasis on decision-making, conflict management, team building, and teamwork. Must have the ability to develop work plans, work effectively as a member of a team, report on the status of projects, represent the team in meetings and/or with the client, and be able to coordinate issues identification and resolution between clients and the development team.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning in gathering raw data and processing that data into a meaningful form, as well as translating for a wide audience in a concise manner.
- Ability to plan, organize, measure, and coordinate multiple tasks to deliver the budget and subsequent analysis for P&L under standard financial deadlines. Deliver ad-hoc (or what-if) analysis as needed to support management initiatives.
- Ability to quickly learn as a self-starter under minimal supervision, and use complex systems and applications (SQL, BI Tools/Software, Data mining).
– Be proficient at detailed documentation of financial processes, changes, modeling assumptions, and maintaining version control.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field. Equivalent education, experience, and training may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis plus four years of progressively responsible professional-level financial analysis experience. Equivalent education and training may be substituted for experience. Demonstrated proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook. Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel required and mid-expert level proficiency in BI Tools/Visualization techniques. SQL and other data mining techniques are preferred.Experience resulting in knowledge of FCC Accounting concepts and procedures. Experience resulting in familiarity with SAP Financial Information System. Experience in the telecommunications industry resulting in a demonstrated familiarity with regulatory, financial, and competitive nature of business