Outpatient Registered Nurse - RN
Fresenius Medical Care
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The registered professional nurse (CAP RN 1) position is an entry level designation into the Clinical Advancement Program for Registered Nurses. The CAP RN 1 is accountable and responsible for the provision and coordination of clinically competent care including assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation for an assigned group of patients.
As a member of the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) health care team, the CAP RN 1 participates in decision-making, teaching, leadership functions, and quality improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and facility operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy, procedures, standards of nursing practice, state and federal regulations.
* Performs all essential functions under the direction of the Clinical Manager (CM) and with the guidance from the Educator, Preceptor or a CAP RN 2, 3, 4 or 5 for the first 6 months of employment.
* Expected to complete requirements to advance to the next CAP level, for which they qualify, within 24 months from date of hire.
* Performs ongoing, systematic collection and analysis of patient data pre - during - post hemodialysis treatment for assigned patients and documents in the patient medical record, adjusts or modifies the treatment plan as indicated and notifies Team Leader, Charge Nurse, Clinical Manager or Physician as needed.
* Recognizes aspects and implications of patient status that vary from normal and reports to or collaborates with appropriate health team members for input.
* Assesses daily assigned patient care needs and collaborates with direct and ancillary patient care staff as needed.
* Directs and provides, in collaboration with direct and ancillary patient care staff, all aspects of the daily provision of safe and