Wexford Health Sources Inc.
Coordinator Job in Union Springs, AL
This position is responsible for the overall clinical and administrative operations of the assigned unit. Ensures appropriate clinical outcomes and achieves all expected quality measures. Prepares reports and clinical reviews and ensures the appropriate development of treatment plans and coordination of clinical services for patients within the assigned unit.
* Mental Health Site Program Manager
* Correctional System behavioral health authorities
workers supervised or directed
* Directs the work flow of the SU or RTU and determines Unit MH staff assignments
* Inter-relates and works effectively with management, staff, patients, all clinical staff, custody and administrative staff on all levels.
* Assists in the overall planning, development, and administration of the assigned program(s) or service(s); assists in the implementation of departmental planning initiatives.
* Coordinates the implementation of treatment and/or habilitation plans, leads the Multidisciplinary Treatment Teams, securing facility locations for various therapeutic interventions and sessions including tele-health.
* Works closely with clinicians and other managers in implementing delivery systems for clinical programs and services.
* Provides supervision and oversight to unit MH staff.
* Assists with CQI initiatives and reporting of clinical data.
* Facilitates, develops and participates in conferences, training sessions, and meetings to ensure efficient outcomes.
* Directs the utilization of physical facilities, equipment, furniture, and supplies.
* Answers telephones and responds to email requests.
* Creates and maintains clinical files and logs.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
The physical demands that are described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, to hear and to see, to stand, walk, and sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, instruments or controls, to reach with hands and arms, to stoop or crouch, balance and kneel, may be required to lift and/or move persons, carts, emergency equipment or other objects. Must be able to ambulate throughout the facility for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to clearly communicate orally and via written and typed correspondence and notes using various forms, records, charts, and electronic media.
This position may require rotating assignments operating on a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week schedule where employee is subject to both voluntary and mandatory overtime. Employee may be exposed to a challenging environment, which may include exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens and loud noises.
Office: Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
Licensing: Licensed in the State of Alabama by the Board of Examiners in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or Behavior Analyst
Experience: Experience in a correctional program with coordination or scheduling experience.
Education: Masters Degree in psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy, social work or related field.