One of the best ways to acquire the skills needed to be a closer is to take an online course. We've identified some online courses from Udemy and Coursera that will help you advance in your career. Since closers benefit from having skills like customer service, cleanliness, and punctuality, we found courses that will help you improve these skills.
Closer Skills For Your Resume And Career
Research Summary. Below we've compiled a list of the most important skills for a closer. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of closer resumes they appeared on. For example, 42.3% of closer resumes contained customer service as a skill. Let's find out what skills a closer actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace.
- The most common hard skill for a closer is customer service. 42.3% closers have this skill on their resume.
- The second most common hard skill for a closer is cleanliness appearing on 30.6% of resumes. The third most common is punctuality on 7.5% of resumes.
- Three common soft skills for a closer are detail oriented, interpersonal skills and communication skills.
Below we've compiled a list of the most important skills for a closer. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of closer resumes they appeared on. For example, 42.3% of closer resumes contained customer service as a skill. Let's find out what skills a closer actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace.
15 Essential Closer Skills For Your Resume And Career
1. Customer Service
- Provided world class customer service in high volume call center environment consistently exceeding customer satisfaction objectives.
- Provided excellent internal and external customer service as well any other duties assigned by manager
- Provide superior customer service to real estate agents through continuous communication throughout closing process.
- Maintained excellent customer service through constant communication with involved individuals and information flow.
- Provided excellent customer service by prioritizing work load and continually meeting deadlines.
- Operate grill and fry machine Prepare salads and sandwiches Maintain cleanliness of kitchen and set up breakfast
- Maintained cleanliness in store & stocked all coolers.
- General maintenance and keeping up with cleanliness standards.
- Insured the cleanliness of the bakery department.
- Close Grill, Mop, Maintain cleanliness
- Demonstrate professionalism in appearance, punctuality, attitude, and grammar.
And if you’re looking for a job, here are the five top employers hiring now:
- Direct employees to work stations and answer any questions with my staff Skills Used Leadership dependability determined hard working
5. Food Orders
- Fast Food worker highly efficient at preparing food orders quickly while cleaning my station accurately.
- Cashier, assisted customers, prepared food orders, closed store
- Processed and filled customer food orders.
- Read food orders an prepared food to cooking instruction.
- Front Pre-closer Took food orders, filled food orders, cleaned dining area, cleaned bathrooms, washed dishes.
6. Work Ethic
- Recognized by management team for work ethic and outstanding job performance, promoted to Closer after a month of employment.
- Demonstrated ongoing commitment at tireless work ethics.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic and self management skills that helped maintain high-volume daily workflow with over 100 files in active pipeline.
Choose From 10+ Customizable Closer Resume templates
Zippia allows you to choose from different easy-to-use Closer templates, and provides you with expert advice. Using the templates, you can rest assured that the structure and format of your Closer resume is top notch. Choose a template with the colors, fonts & text sizes that are appropriate for your industry.
- Authorized funding upon verification of all documentation and review of HUD-1.
- Reviewed and approved HUD-1 settlement statements for accuracy and efficiency.
- Reviewed HUD-1 settlement statements for accuracy and underwriting conditions.
- Utilized pertinent information to compose Hud-1.
- Reviewed closing docs which included but not limited to Note, Mortgage, HUD-1 & escrow disclosure & all legal documents.
8. Settlement Statements
- Reviewed settlement statements from closing attorney and ensured loan funds were properly disbursed.
- Calculated mortgage costs, prepared Settlement statements and pertinent documents for closing.
- Review closing instructions and documents from lender and prepare Settlement Statements accordingly.
- Reviewed settlement statements before proceeding to the implementation of loan funding.
- Reviewed settlement statement for accuracy and to meet government guidelines.
9. Loan Docs
- Inspect final executed loan docs for missing initials, signatures and dates, notary information, vesting, and missing pages.
- Cleared file and entered data to release loan docs to escrow in accordance to wet or dry state specifics.
- Approved release of funds to escrow and upload all final updated closing conditions and executed loan docs into e-folder.
- Review of all necessary conditions to meet all file requirements for release and issue of loan docs.
- Reviewed final HUDS, audited singed loan docs, and examined requested closing conditions for clearance.
- Requested documentation as needed from lenders and borrowers.
- Examined lenders documents for accuracy.
- Contract Closer Performed Refinance and Purchase Closings; made necessary HUD changes at closing and prepared all funding docs for lenders.
- Worked with the agents, lenders, buyers and sellers in obtaining the information required to get the file the closed.
- Performed outbound calls to other lenders to get releases for paid off mortgages, liens, and to get payoffs.
- Reviewed HUD 1 information sent by titles companies against new RESPA rules and communicated with title companies to correct any errors.
- Ensured each closing file is in compliance with closing requirements and state and federal reporting guidelines (RESPA, Section32).
- Validated fees have not changed and still in compliance for RESPA 2010, state recording requirements, and maximum allowable fees.
- Trained new hire and cross trained existing representatives with the LAMP program (GFE-TIL HUD1 and RESPA guidelines).
- Prepared Initial Disclosures using Doc magic and verified accuracy of fees to mitigate TRID, RESPA and ECOA violations.
12. Food Preparation
- Perform food preparation tasks such as making sandwiches, salads, brewing coffee and tea.
- Provided food preparation for customer orders as well as assembling their orders.
- Cleaned food preparation area, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- General janitorial duties in a restaurant setting,food preparation for the next working day.
- Cleaned work area and food preparation equipment.
- Prepared and submitted figures to title companies and balance HUD 1's for Conventional, FHA, VA and second mortgages.
- Complete knowledge of loan types and documents including but not limited to Conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA.
- Reviewed Conventional / HARP/ FHA loans (REFI) ensuring accuracy of required documents and final payoff prior to closing.
- Prepared closing docs and funding for Conventional Uninsured and Insured, ARM, Initial Interest, FHA and Manufactured Home Loans
- Gained knowledge in preparing closing packages for all 50 states for Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA closing packages.
- Assigned by Management to be part of the VA audit closing team, Employee loan Closer and new employee Trainer.
- Reviewed HUD from Title Company, spoke with title company representatives about making changes and approval from VA.
- Review VA loan files to determine if all UW (PTC) conditions have been satisfied.
- Implemented sales training courses for FHA/VA and all community/bond lending for company's loan officers
- Prepared completed government loans (FHA/VA) for mortgage insurance certification and loan guarantee.
- Ensured Closing Disclosures were sent to borrowers in compliance with TRID to meet their close date.
- Provide TRID system application tech support to new settlement agencies regarding Title Fees and Escrow.
- Post TRID prepared the CD working in conjunction with vendor and non-vendor title companies.
- Completed Closing Training Program and TRID Training Program and Underwriting Certification Course.
- Educated Lender Branch Managers and their Loan Officers on new TRID guidelines.
- Customer Service, 42.3%
- Cleanliness, 30.6%
- Punctuality, 7.5%
- Dependability, 4.3%
- Food Orders, 3.7%
- Work Ethic, 1.2%
- HUD-1, 0.8%
- Other Skills, 9.6%
skills are in demand
Jobs With Trending Skills
Closer Jobs You Might Like
- High Paying Closer Jobs - $40K and Up
- Work From Home Closer Jobs
- Entry Level Closer Jobs
- Part Time Closer Jobs
- Actively Hiring
- No Degree Closer Jobs
List Of Skills To Add To Your Closer Resume
According to recent trends, the most relevant closer Resume Keywords for your resume are:
- Customer Service
- Food Orders
- Work Ethic
- Settlement Statements
- Loan Docs
- Food Preparation
- Loan Packages
- Escrow Accounts
- Title Commitments
- Investor Guidelines
- Mortgage Loans
- Federal Regulations
- Outbound Calls
- Fund Loans
- Loan Closings
- Inbound Calls
- Fannie MAE
- Title Issues
- Front Counter
- Freddie Mac
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Customer Orders
- Wire Transfers
- Homeowners Insurance
- Real Estate Closings
- Credit Reports
Real Examples Of Closer Resumes That Use These Skills
Build a professional closer resume in minutes. Browse through our resume examples to identify the best way to word your resume. Then choose from 12+ resume templates to create your closer resume.
2017 - Present
2009 - 2017
2003 - 2009
Enterprise Rent-A-CarPhiladelphia, PA
2002 - 2003
Temple UniversityPhiladelphia, PA
DishwasherKitchen EquipmentEscrowCustomer SalesMenu ItemsCustomer OrdersConsumer InquiriesLoan ApplicationsFood PreparationCounter Service
2020 - Present
2013 - 2020
Customer Sales Representative
2010 - 2013
Bachelor's Degree Accounting
2007 - 2010
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Closer2019 - Present
Cashier/Closer2017 - 2019
Taco Bell•Chesapeake, VA
Administrative Office Assistant2016 - 2017
Food Lion•Chesapeake, VA
High VolumeLoan ApplicationsOutgoing CorrespondenceBuyersPOSSettlement StatementsClean StoreHard CopyFresh FoodIce Cream
Associate's Degree Medical Assisting Services2014 - 2016
ECPI University•Virginia Beach, VA
Ready To Start Your Closer Resume?
Choose Your Current Work Experience To Start Creating Your Resume
Online Courses For Closers
1. How to Become a Mobile Notary and Loan Signing Agent
Learn how to make over six figures as a Real Estate Loan Signing Agent and Mobile Notary...See More on Udemy
2. Virtual Transaction Coordinator for Real Estate Agents
Build a Team, Delegate Tasks, Monitor Results Remotely & Deliver Extraordinary Service to Clients by Using GoogleDocs...See More on Udemy
3. How To Land a Job In Private Equity Real Estate
How To Break Into Private Equity Real Estate, Land Your Dream Job, and Invest In Deals...See More on Udemy
4. Real Estate Math Made Easy: Pass Your Licensing Exam
Get Over Your Math Anxiety to Pass Your Real Estate Licensing Exam and Build A Successful Real Estate Career!...See More on Udemy
5. The Real Estate Equity Waterfall Modeling Master Class
The Complete Guide To Building Dynamic Real Estate Equity Waterfall Models In Microsoft Excel...See More on Udemy
6. Advanced Mortgage Loan Processor: Essential Skills Training
Finibi Mortgage CEO, Joe Correa, teaches you how to take your mortgage loan processor career to the next level...See More on Udemy
7. Real Estate Acquisitions 101
How To Identify Commercial Properties, Run Due Diligence, Raise Capital, and Close Commercial Real Estate Transactions...See More on Udemy
8. The Advanced Real Estate Equity Waterfall Modeling Class
A Step-by-Step Guide To Modeling Catch-Ups, Clawbacks, Cash-on-Cash Waterfalls, and More For Real Estate Investors...See More on Udemy
9. Food Safety for Managers and Supervisors
The Highfield Food Safety Level 3 syllabus presented in two hours of video tutorials. Boost your food safety knowledge...See More on Udemy
10. Fun food safety and sanitation course
The food safety course will help prepare you for safely working in a kitchen and food handler tests like Servesafe...See More on Udemy
11. ISO 22000. Food Safety Management System.
Learn about hazard identification and assessment, PRPs, Critical Control Points, and the requirements in ISO 22000:2018...See More on Udemy
12. Become a Mortgage Loan Processor
Finibi Mortgage CEO, Joe Correa, teaches you how to become a mortgage loan processor...See More on Udemy
13. Brief Intro to Commercial Real Estate
Learn the essential fundamentals of commercial real estate...See More on Udemy
14. Audit - Financial Statement
Learn the audit process from planning to audit report form a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)...See More on Udemy
15. Real Estate Investing: Learn to Fix & Flip, Step by Step!
Real Estate Investing! Learn how to Fix and Flip your first Real Estate Investing deal with no experience...See More on Udemy
16. The Ultimate Guide to Becoming a Notary Loan Signing Agent
Step-By-Step Blueprint on Creating a Thriving Mobile Notary Loan Signing Agent Business in Under 30 Days...See More on Udemy
17. U.S. Residential Real Estate & Mortgage Business
The top-rated, 7+ hour deep-dive course into the U.S. residential real estate & mortgage business, and credit analysis...See More on Udemy
18. The Advanced Real Estate Pro Forma Modeling Master Class
The Complete Guide To Creating An Institutional-Quality Commercial Real Estate Pro Forma Model From Scratch In Excel...See More on Udemy
19. Customer Service Training Keys To Satisfy Your Customers
An introduction to customer service and its importance in any business...See More on Udemy
20. Customer Service & Support For Customer Service Executives
Learn Customer Service Skills & Provide Excellent Customer Support, Customer Experience & How To Manage Upset Customers...See More on Udemy
Ready To Build Your Resume?
Ready To Build Your Resume?