State of Pennsylvania
Mill Hall, PA
Clinton County Maintenance Organization is seeking to fill a full-time Automotive Mechanic. This is a trained automotive and heavy equipment mechanic that performs a variety of analytical, preventative maintenance, and repair duties for a fleet of construction equipment, trucks, automobiles, and hand tools. The equipment is powered by gasoline or diesel engines. Repair and maintenance work is performed on hydraulic, electrical, heating, cooling, and exhaust systems, and manual and automatic transmissions. The employee completes required work orders, charges time accurately, and reports all equipment accidents or damage immediately.Automotive Mechanics maintain, repair, and overhaul cars, trucks, tractors, sweepers, and motorized hand equipment such as chainsaws, jack hammers, tampers and mowers. They also prepare automotive records and reports, and may perform routine field adjustments and emergency road service. The person in this position will also be responsible for work duties that may include, but not limited to, the following:
* Repairs and replaces shock absorbers, transmissions, hour meters, clutches, brakes, and other parts.
* Performs preventative maintenance such as tire changes, wheel alignment and balancing; minor body repairs; and alternator and electrical component tests.
* Repairs diesel equipment in areas such as servicing filters and replacing water pumps, gaskets, and electrical systems. The work excludes diagnosing, parts rebuilding and repairing a diesel engine fuel injection system (injectors and pumps).
* Identifies, determines repair method, and performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance work on equipment which includes cleaning and servicing equipment to standard.
* Performs official state inspections at times including safety tests; road tests; completing inspection records and affixing inspection stickers; and record and maintain accurate State Inspection Records.
* Performs o