The work experience section of a resume is all about highlighting the achievements that an employer would want to see.
To avoid going over one page, only include the most important examples from your work history that would be relevant to
the employer, and keep them in chronological order. Here are some examples from different Computer Technicians:
- Performed ghost re-imaging and data migration for PCs and laptops.
- Acquired 35 Dell Certifications for repairing Desktops and Laptops
- Installed, configured and maintained all desktop and laptop PCs within the UNUMProvident Loaner Pool.
- Configured, tested, and conducted troubleshooting of PC's, laptops, and printers.
- Replaced hardware components in desktops, laptops, and tablets in a professional environment.
Information Technology Assistant (Part-Time)
- Organized and hosted seminars for antivirus awareness for students.
- Performed troubleshooting tasks and installation of computers and printers in labs and classrooms.
- Worked with PC and Macintosh computers in the set-up, configuration of TCP/IP settings for network connectivity.
- Sole hardware and software research/recommendations/acquisition/distribution/installation/setup.
- Designed and programmed PHP web applications using MySQL to monitor and collect backlog processing data for South Texas offices.
- Account Focal - Kohl's and Wal-Mart's Self-Checkout, Remote Point of Sale Troubleshooting.
- Work part of a project based work such as desktop implementation.
- Considered Subject Matter Expert for Wal-Mart Self-Checkout processes as well as POS support for team.
- Improved system security through setup and ongoing maintenance of IBM Security Manager.
- Maintain user accounts in Windows and Novell.
Audio Visual Technician
- Deliver and set-up A/V equipment.
- Implemented troubleshooting for desktops, laptops, printers and AV equipment.
- Conducted complete tests of overheards, LCD projectors, sound systems, Sony VTR cassette decks and more.
- Supported point-to-point and multipoint via in house Compression Labs MCU and Polycom MGC-50 Video Bridge.
- Provide official written recommendation on A/V and VTC solutions and complex trouble resolutions.
We compared 66,066 sample computer technician resumes with job offers and found that the average years of experience required for a computer technician job required by employers is 2.0 years.
How much work experience do employers want to see?
The average computer technician job listing asks for 2.0 years of work experience.
How much work experience does the average computer technician candidate have?
The average computer technician resume contains 3.0 years of work experience.
Write your work experience section in a way that embraces your computer technician skills.
Sounds easier said than done? Take a look at how other people have done it. Below are real
examples from computer technician resumes that people have included in their work experience
section to demonstrate their knowledge of key skills: