Classification: Non-Exempt, Bargaining
Splice Service Technicians install, remove, adjust, clean and replace cable, coin facilities and equipment. They travel between work locations in Company vehicles, perform their work outdoors in all weather conditions, and interact with customers in order to meet the customer's communications needs. They must be knowledgeable in and abide by all National Electrical Safety Codes and Company Safety Practices.
* Reviews, interprets and analyzes service requests, work orders, and circuit diagrams in order to complete required work.
* Climbs poles and ladders and works aloft with hand tools, enters tunnels, buildings, trenches, crawl spaces or manholes to place, maintain or remove equipment.
* Installs, rearranges, changes, removes, repairs, adjusts, cleans, or replaces cable, coin facilities, and equipment. Also reviews and analyzes complex schematic drawings to determine tasks to be completed and sequence of tasks.
* Maintains detailed record of all work activity including names, times, changes and dates of contracts.
* Plans and installs inside wiring, which may include stapling wire or drilling holes, and prepares newly installed cables and conductors preparatory to splicing by removing outer sheath and insulation. Installs and maintains various types of subscriber loop electronics equipment and fiber optics.
* Rearranges and reconnects pairs of wires at pole, underground or building terminals. Splices wires by twisting and soldering or by joining with connectors and splicing tool in aerial, underground, buried, submarine and building, multiple conductor cable, co-axial cable, light wave cable and other wire. Terminates wires on various types of equipment by soldering or mechanical wire wrapping method. Covers conductors with insulating materials.
* Examines equipment and establishes cross-connections by connecting color codes wires, and identifies conductors in adjoining cable sections according to diagrams and specifications using various methods.
* Coordinates repair of customer's lines and uses electrical instruments and various test equipment to determine and verify defective wire and cable.
* Makes wire cross connections by connecting color-coded wires. Works with hot metal, torches, small hand tools, mechanical equipment, test equipment, color coded and test signal identified wires in the connection of wires and cables to other telephone equipment and connecting cable pairs together. Closes splices by enclosing with various approved waterproof cases or fitting and wiping a lead sleeve over splice opening.
* Moves and/or lifts items such as ladders, tools, test equipment, cables, and reels, and loads required tools and equipment on Company vehicle.
* Operates power equipment such as pumps, blowers, winches, generators and hydraulic aerial lifts (buckets) and ladders mounted on trucks.
* Wears appropriate safety equipment and follows established safety practices and procedures.
* Works in various types of buildings and surroundings, i.e., basements, attics, residences, offices, etc., and has frequent contact with customers.
* Works both inside and outside and is exposed to all weather conditions as well as dirt, grease and wood preservatives.
* Usually travels to and from and works on assignments alone.
* May be assigned to work out of town for various lengths of time.
* May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
* Tests - Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
* Physical Requirements - Medical Department evaluation required. Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable colors. Department of Transportation Physical and Drug Screen.
* Job Performance and Attendance Record - Satisfactory performance rating & attendance record in present job.
* Tours - May be required to work day, evening or night shifts and overtime, emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required. Hours to be worked are determined by seniority, job requirements and qualifications.
* Driver's License and Minimum Age Requirements - Valid state driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required. May be required to have a Department of Transportation Certificate if driving a Company vehicle over 10,000 pounds gross weight. May require ability to drive vehicle with manual transmission.
* Initial classroom training of approximately 2 to 5 weeks, which may involve travel and/or overnight stays.
* High school diploma or GED required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, familial status, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.$30k-44k yearly est.1d ago
Electro-Optics Test Development Engineer
As an R&D Electro-Optics Test Development Engineer you will be an integral member of the new products development team bridging the space between prototype concepts and final delivery of products meeting requirements for the harsh undersea environment. Every member of the SubCom team plays a role in an end-to-end process that is critical to enterprises, governments, big cities, and rural towns. The backbone of the Internet is a series of high-tech subsea fiber optic cables deployed throughout the globe - SubCom has deployed over 50% of them.$78k-107k yearly est.8d ago
System Engineer II | Leading Biotechnology Firm | Greater Portsmouth, NH area (HYBRID)
This leading biotechnology research firm is actively seeking a strong System Engineer to join the Quality Control team. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for maintaining QC systems and servers, as well as serve as an SME on a critical backup system.
This globally recognized firm is known for combining technological insight and world class manufacturing to help their customers deliver new and innovative medicines in order to help treat a wide range of diseases! Similarly, they are dedicated to responsible business and sustainability! They are always trying to reduce their impact on the environment, by conserving energy and natural resources! If you are looking for a place to enjoy your work, while providing meaningful impact, then this is the role for you!
Maintain, build, and optimize business critical infrastructure (patching, upgrades, automation, modernization, project work, etc)
Partner with collaborative business teams to ensure IT support/admin is covered.
Monitor and troubleshoot daily backup systems, with ownership included
Execute day to day support and administration for QC specific applications and systems
Bachelors or Masters in Comp Sci, IT, Engineering, or related field
3+ years as a System Admin or Engineer (or working in a similar capacity)
Experience with scripting (Powershell, Bash, or Python) within a virtualized environment (ESX, ESXi, VSphere, etc)
Preferred experience within a cGMP industry
Ability to work in a 3 day per week onsite hybrid model
$98k-127k yearly est.14d ago
Xfinity Field Sales Professional
Utilizes advanced knowledge of Comcast's products and services as well as sales process experience to maximize sales and effectively work assigned turf. Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. Increases customer understanding of Comcast products and pricing models as well as competitive advantages over other service providers. Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of Comcast products, promoting and selling offerings to individual customers by knocking every door within assigned territory. Responsible for the promotion and sale of Comcast products and services to include video, high-speed Internet, voice and XFINITY Home. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.$34.4k-78.4k yearly4d ago
WGME CBS 13/WPFO FOX 23 in Portland, Maine is a trusted brand providing Maine viewers with local news, weather, sports, entertainment and social media content. We are currently seeking an energetic and creative Executive Producer to oversee news content for overall fairness, balance and accuracy. Some additional responsibilities of our Executive Producer will include$58k-75k yearly est.6d ago
WGME CBS 13/WPFO FOX 23 in Portland, Maine we don't just respect creativity, we cherish it. We are currently seeking a enthusiastic, highly motivated Marketing Consultant to join our award-winning sales team. Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere!$57k-74k yearly est.6d ago
Responsibilities Provide technical support to IT clients$27k-39k yearly est.23d ago
Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, the Chief Engineer is responsible for day-to-day workflow, maintenance of computer and broadcast equipment and personnel management within the Engineering and Operations groups. WGME CBS 13 / WPFO FOX 23, in Portland, Maine, is a trusted brand providing Maine viewers with local news, weather, sports, entertainment, and social media content. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Chief Engineer.$81k-106k yearly est.6d ago
Sorenson also provides onsite and remote interpreting services between English and various other world languages. * Have understanding of firewalls and be able to work successfully with IT and Network Administrators to open the required ports for Sorenson's equipment. Disclaimer This position has access to highly confidential, sensitive information relating to the employees, customers, and technologies of Sorenson Communications and CaptionCall. * Must have Sorenson Communications selected as their default provider (with an active Local Number) for work VP and mobile devices. * Participate in seminar and training sessions with deaf constituents on using Sorenson services to communicate with hearing constituents. * Extensive experience in installing Sorenson VRS equipment, providing customer service and be expert in all types of videophone and network installations including T1, DSL and High-Speed Cable Internet. * The Outreach Trainer may participate in events with the Sales/Outreach and Marketing groups at educating institutions, customers and organizations as to the benefits of Sorenson VRS. * Responsible for traveling to customer homes and businesses performing VRS training, service calls and new installations of Sorenson equipment in their assigned area.$11-17.5 hourly21d ago
Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities
Oversees and coordinates team activities related to the operation.
Monitors and enforces safe and compliant working environment in accordance with TSA, DOT, USPS and OSHA regulations and all applicable laws.
Coaches, counsels and mentors employees and enforces Company policies and procedures, including issuing disciplinary action as required.
Promotes and adheres to Unifi policy concerning Safety, Anti-Harassment and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Assists in recruiting, administrative, payroll, employee scheduling, and general administrative duties.
Monitors staffing and overtime use and operational and financial performance of assigned shift/station.
Promotes team-building initiatives and performs coaching/mentoring activities to develop and motivate team members.
Performs other related duties as assigned within the appropriate skill and experience capabilities expected for this position.
Must be a local (in-state) resident.
Valid In-State Driver's License.
Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Ability to pass up to a 10-year background check.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Must complete ramp and SIDA training to obtain airport authority identification security.
Four+ years of relevant experience. Must be open minded and ready to work as part of a detail-oriented team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent customer service skills.
Strong work ethic.
Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
Education: High School diploma or GED.
Experience: Six+ years of relevant experience.
Relevant supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Able to communicate information and instructions verbally and/or via radio equipment.
Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
Strong leadership qualities and ability to create a passionate and efficient workforce.
Able to effectively resolve employee conflicts.
Ability to apply creative solutions that have a positive impact on results.
Work Schedule: You will need to have flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. We operate in a shift bid environment.
Work Environment: Must be able to be alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use radio equipment.
Enjoy the outdoors on a daily basis (sun, rain, sleet or snow!) May be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions, jet and machinery noises, fumes, dirt and dust for extended periods.
Physical Demands/Requirements: Must be able to lift / carry / push / pull and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces.
Must be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
Must be able to work in cramped or high places.
Must be able to carry heavy items up and down jet way stairs.
Unifi is an equal opportunity employer$73k-102k yearly est.50d ago
Marketing Sales Manager
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! At WGME CBS 13/WPFO FOX 23 in Portland, Maine we don't just respect creativity, we cherish it. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Marketing Sales Manager who will build and maintain a high performing local sales team, that exceeds new business and digital revenue goals by driving client results through creative multiplatform marketing solutions.$80k-108k yearly est.6d ago
Installation Project Mgr
Consolidated Communications is a best-in-class, top 10 U.S. fiber provider that delivers reliable fiber communications solutions to consumers and businesses. The responsibilities of a Installation Project Manager includes, but are not limited to, overseeing all phases of design, quoting, project management and installation of structured cabling system and associated infrastructure solutions.$76k-111k yearly est.8d ago
$27k-32k yearly est.60d+ ago
Retail Sales Consultant
Our Retail Sales Consultant's earn between $14.57- $16.25 + up to $13,700 in commissions if all sales goals are met. Meeting sales targets and earning your commission happens with the power of AT&T's full suite of products at your fingertips - the latest devices and personalized services that bring friends, families and communities closer together. Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone Come and meet our AT&T Retail Sales Hiring Team and get face to face quality time and learn all about our Retail Sales Consultant opportunities! Interview with us in-person at our upcoming open recruiting session in South Portland, ME on May 24th! At AT&T, the safety of our employees and customers remains our top priority.$62.5k yearly25d ago
Civil Technician (Telecommunications)
Obtain tools within 90 days of employment Communicate and represent East Coast Communications in a respectable manner, whether with the public, with co-workers, vendors, etc. Job DescriptionCivil Technician (Southern Maine) East Coast Communications has a long-standing reputation for providing quality service to the Telecommunications industry throughout New England and the Eastern United States. Company Description East Coast Communications has a long-standing reputation for providing quality service to the Telecommunications industry throughout New England and the Eastern United States.$51k-66k yearly est.21d ago
Field Operations Supervisor
Benefits: At Dish Network, we are proud to offer a competitive salary as well as a full benefits package and bonus opportunity. The Field Operations Supervisor/Manager provides leadership and manages overall direction for the Field Service Technician team to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. As a Field Operations Supervisor/Manager you must be able to lead and motivate a diverse team to achieve common goals. As a Field Operations Supervisor/Manager you will be responsible for directing, coaching, and developing technicians to create a high performing team that delivers the best customer service possible. * Complementary Dish Network programming$59.9k-69.9k yearly24d ago
Telecommunications Expense Management Analyst
$54k-75k yearly est.57d ago
Creative Services Producer
WGME CBS 13/WPFO FOX 23 in Portland, Maine is a trusted brand providing Maine viewers with local news, weather, sports, entertainment and social media content. Although every day will not look the same here are some of the main day to day responsibilities of our Creative Services Producer. We are currently seeking a Creative Services Producer.$35k-42k yearly est.1d ago
Responsibilities The Network Engineer will be responsible for participating as an individual contributor in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product implementation, and implementing existing products and services. The Network Engineer will be working in the Network Engineering Access organization.$82k-106k yearly est.25d ago
Digital Product Manager
The Digital Product Manager, eCommerce is responsible for driving the development and measurement of exceptional customer experiences.$75k-105k yearly est.18d ago