IC Technician Job in Dearborn, MI
CMS Enterprises owns and operates independent power generating plants, natural gas assets and an energy marketing group for the non-utility segment of CMS Energy's business. We are proud of our strong history of reliably serving our utility, municipal, commercial and industrial customers. To learn more about CMS Enterprises business, please visit https://www.cms-enterprises.com/about.
At CMS Enterprises, we offer more than just a place to work. We foster a culture which supports career development, growth, and stability, and we take pride in offering our co-workers excellent benefits and compensation packages. We are deliberately creating an inclusive culture that makes our diverse team of co-workers feel valued, supported, and empowered every day. We're part of a company made up of thousands of people, all with different stories to share and work to do, but we stand united in our company purpose: world class performance delivering hometown service.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, this role is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, tuning, calibrating, and modifying the plant's 480 volt electrical and control systems and components. The IC/E Tech proactively works on preventative maintenance for various plant equipment and includes documentation. This role will also cross-train for Plant Operator qualification.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Also works under the supervision of the Environmental Health Safety and Compliance Coordinator.
* Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, tuning and modifying plant electrical and control systems and components.
* Responsible for making repairs to voltage electrical equipment such as 13.8kv, 5kv, 480v, 277v, and 110v circuits.
* Troubleshoots, calibrates and repairs electrical equipment as well as electronic monitoring, control and trip circuits, and their associated components.
* Suggests modifications to enhance control systems.
* Tunes control circuits to optimize performance.
* Prepares requests for parts necessary to repair electrical and electronic systems.
* Repairs a wide variety of electrical equipment such as breakers, motors, wiring, generators, etc.
* Maintains records of controls system modifications (including temporary jumpers).
* Investigates and prepares reports on unusual incidents involving equipment excursions related to control system malfunctions.
* Operates and maintains CEMS equipment, (DAS) Data Acquisition System and Reporting requirements.
* Maintain and repair back up UPS System.
* Must be able to bend, cut, install, and plan conduit runs as needed.
* Organize and keep track of spare electrical parts/tools for this site.
* Be willing to cross train and learn the Mechanic role as well as train Mechanics on the IC&E Tech role.
* Able to work on his/her own.
* Able to operate JLG, Scissor Lift, Skidsteer, and front-end loader when needed.
* High School diploma OR GED.
* Journeyman Electrician and/or an Associates degree in electronics, or equivalent industrial experience.
* 3-5 years' experience with industrial instrumentation and electrical skills.
* Knowledge of motor controls and circuits.
* Ability to read and understand one-line schematic and complex electrical diagrams, electronic diagrams, logic diagrams and technical manuals.
* Basic computer skills, with PLC experience preferred.
* Ability to work shift work, overtime as needed, with the possibility of being on-call on nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Must be comfortable working in elevated situations.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Nearest Major Market: Dearborn
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Gas, Gas Technician, Electrical, Front End, Temporary, Energy, Engineering, Technology, Contract
$60k-68k yearly est.