Technology Resource Specialist
Wayne Farms, Inc.
Primarily responsible for ensuring proper computer and network systems operations ensuring end-user's accomplishment of business essential tasks. Includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as in-person, hands-on assistance at the desktop and on the production plant floor. Will recommend solutions while providing training and assistance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Strategy & Planning
* Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
* Alert management to emerging incident trends.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Assist in software releases and roll-outs, and communicating to end users.
* Install, modify, and make necessary repairs to computer hardware and software systems, providing technical assistance and training to system users.
* Perform hands-on repairs at desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, monitoring nightly backups, and configuring systems and applications.
* Assist in installation of hardware and peripheral components (e.g. monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives).
* Support Wired and Wireless Cisco Networks between facilities.
* Support industrial systems in plant production environment (i.e. computers connected to scales, temperature monitors and label printers).
* Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems to appropriately experienced staff member.
* Record, track, and document help desk requests, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, actions taken, and final resolution.
* Identify and learn software and hardware used and supported by company.
* Perform preventative maintenance.
* Coordinate activities wi