Vice President-Corporate Reputation
Remote or Saint Louis, MO
FleishmanHillard, a global integrated communications agency, is looking for a Vice President to join our Corporate Reputation team in St. Louis. This position provides a unique opportunity for an experienced strategist and communications professional with seven-plus years' experience to work with and manage dynamic, high-performing teams primarily on executive positioning and executive visibility, but who can also support clients on other areas of corporate reputation (e.g., crisis and issues management, high-level media relations strategy, writing, etc.) for our global clients. A remote position is a possibility with periodic in-person meetings at our offices in the St. Louis headquarters.
At FleishmanHillard, we embrace challenges, think boldly, trust each other, and harness our talented worldwide network to provide the best in-class counsel to our roster of remarkable global clients. Are you ready to join the team?
We recognize that diversity, equity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
* Act as a senior strategic counselor to executives and clients across all areas of corporate reputation, but with a strong focus on executive visibility and executive positioning.
* Regularly provide executive-level communication strategy recommendations tied to desired business outcomes.
* Develop and propose integrated communications programs that support building positive external reputation through strategic application of channels and resources, including speaking/events, media and influencer relations, digital communications, social media strategy, research, etc.
* Generate incremental and new business opportunities by taking a broad view of the entire communications mix and offering strategic recommendations that drive innovative and award-winning corporate reputation work.
* Serve as a network-wide resource for counsel, mentorship and new business opportunities.
* Seven-plus years of experience in communications, with a deep background developing and executing corporate reputation programs, focusing on leading executive positioning and executive visibility programs. Agency experience is a plus.
* Superior writing skills, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such as communications plans, narratives, message platforms, executive speeches, position papers, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence and presentations.
* Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across clients' organizations and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
* Experience developing executive storylines and strategic positioning, ideally, in a collaborative team environment or workshop setting. Must also understand how to activate executive visibility programs across channels including speaking/events, media, social media, stakeholders and employee communications.
* Demonstrate experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing and leading teams to execute plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic corporate communications programs within budget.
* Advanced knowledge of top-tier business and trade media, and well-developed skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media relations approach is required.
* A strong understanding of digital communications and social media (and how to leverage those channels on behalf of an executive).
* Experience with executive speechwriting or op ed development.
* Ability to demonstrate additional corporate reputation knowledge and skills, including:
* Strong crisis experience and comfort level working directly with senior management, including managing issues and crises, developing crisis preparation and response plans, building core messages, conducting reputation repair efforts, and overseeing news media relations - reactive and proactive - considering crisis.
* High proficiency in recognizing and applying global and regional social, economic and policy trends that might impact current and future clients.
* Solid team leadership and team-building experience is necessary, including management of local teams and distributed account teams. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
* Experience managing accounts for effectiveness and profitability, including establishing meaningful metrics and scorecards for gauging program effectiveness, and overseeing the development and management of budgets, team structure and client reporting.
* Track record of leading efforts for and winning new business - either through the incremental growth of current clients or participation in large- and small-scale new business efforts.
* Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business or related field.
* Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FleishmanHillard team members.
* Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem-solver - gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate approvals diplomatically and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Our award-winning agency specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We've been named PRWeek's Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a "Standout Agency" on Advertising Age's A-List; the Human Rights Campaign's " Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; and NAFE's "Top 50 Companies for Executive Women" for a decade. We're also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, with a longstanding worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, alienage, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local laws.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply - only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
Responsibilities - Act as a senior strategic counselor to executives and clients across all areas of corporate reputation, but with a strong focus on executive visibility and executive positioning. - Regularly provide executive-level communication strategy recommendations tied to desired business outcomes. - Develop and propose integrated communications programs that support building positive external reputation through strategic application of channels and resources, including speaking/events, media and influencer relations, digital communications, social media strategy, research, etc. - Generate incremental and new business opportunities by taking a broad view of the entire communications mix and offering strategic recommendations that drive innovative and award-winning corporate reputation work. - Serve as a network-wide resource for counsel, mentorship and new business opportunities.
$146k-249k yearly est.