Recreation Management Specialist
Department of Agriculture
These positions are located on a Forest Service unit, where the incumbent serves as a Recreation Management Specialist. Responsibilities include planning, programming, and executing work plans and projects for wilderness, recreation, trails, special uses, and other related programs in Region 3.
Applications will expire every 90 days. In order to remain in consideration, applicants must resubmit their application.
Learn more about this agency
* Responsibilities listed are at the full performance level.
* Oversee the unit's wilderness, recreation, trails, special uses, and other related programs budget and coordinates with other staff groups.
* Strategize, develop, and review proposals for new projects, or proposed revisions of existing plans or activities.
* Provide expertise and advice in assessing current recreation use, type, and standards, and in long-range planning, maintenance, and operation of recreation facilities and trails.
* Review and monitor recreation, wilderness and related land management activities and recommends ways to achieve goals/objectives.
* Provide expert advice in the administration of wilderness, recreation, trails, special uses programs and management activities.
* Communicate program information to the public regarding agency, management practices, rules, and regulations relating to wilderness, trails, specials uses, recreation and related programs.
* Provide technical and administrative supervision to subordinate employees.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for field work, site visits, trainings and/or meetings.
* Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
* You mu
$31k-48k yearly est.