Auto Valve, Inc.
Computer Numerical Controller Machinist Job in Dayton, OH
Responsible for setting up and operating computer numerically controlled lathes to perform machining operations such as turning, boring, contouring, facing, and threading parts such as castings, forgings, and bar stock by performing the following duties. Responsible for setting up and operating CNC machines and inspecting work to print.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
· Reads process sheets, blueprints, and sketches of part to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up, and operating requirements;
· Edits pre-written programs with supervision when necessary;
· Edits program for process improvements and trouble shooting;
· Mounts work pieces in chuck, to faceplate, or to fixtures;
· Selects and installs preset tooling in tool posts, turrets or cutters, and automatic tool change magazine, in sequence specified on process sheet;
· Initiate machining operation;
· Observes numerical control displays on control panel and compares with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates, and speeds of machining cuts;
· Turns dials and switches to override program and correct machine performance;
· Inspects first run piece and spot checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications using operation certification knowledge;
· Studies job packets and organizes materials for next order during cycles to reduce cycle and setup time;
· Pre-sets tools before positioning them in lathe;
· Sets up and operates another machine tool during machining cycles;
· Machines metallic and nonmetallic materials;
· Sets up and operates CNC machines using set-up sheets and written instructions with minimal supervision;
· Utilizes all types of inspection instruments to check work per print without supervision;
· Possesses knowledge of various cutting tools and has ability to determine various machine speeds and feeds;
· Performs basic equipment maintenance;
· Owns basic checking skills and hand tools at minimum;
· Through training, understands shop routers and SPC charts and product acceptance through operator verification;
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
High School diploma or GED. Minimum of three (3) year machine shop experience with five (5) years CNC experience; or equivalent combination of experiences. Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before groups of customers or fellow associates. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry as well as trigonometry and general math concepts (fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions) to practical situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Preferred Skills and Experience
Lean Training, 5S Training, familiar in working within a network environment.
Experience with Mazak machines and controls. (Conversational and G Code)
Experience in using and selecting cutting tools, insert tools, speeds & feeds and use of a variety of measuring equipment.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, feel or lift objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and/or crouch. Job responsibilities demand exposure to the production floor. The employee will regularly work near moving mechanical parts. The employee will occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and will have the risk of electrical shock. Company lifting limitations will be enforced. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.