Customer Service-Call Center Manager Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for customer service-call center managers in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 5,899 customer service-call center managers currently employed in the United States.
- 66.9% of all customer service-call center managers are women, while only 27.2% are men.
- The average age of an employed customer service-call center manager is 44 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of customer service-call center managers is White (72.5%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (13.6%) and Black or African American (5.8%).
- The majority of customer service-call center managers are located in AZ, Phoenix and TX, Houston.
- Customer service-call center managers are most in-demand in Grandville, MI.
- Customer service-call center managers are paid an average annual salary of $29,743.
- The retail industry is the highest-paying for customer service-call center managers.
- Jersey City, NJ pays an annual average wage of $40,543, the highest in the US.
- Customer service-call center managers average starting salary is $24,000.
- In 2021, women earned 95% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid customer service-call center managers earn as much as $36,000 or more.
- 18% of all customer service-call center managers are LGBT.
- Pennsylvania is the best state for customer service-call center managers to live.
- Customer service-call center managers are more likely to work at public companies in comparison to private companies.
Customer Service-Call Center Manager Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Customer Service-Call Center Manager
Women Earn 95¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Customer Service-Call Center Manager Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the customer service-call center manager position over time.
Customer Service-Call Center Manager Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, general superintendent and director of plant operations have the biggest difference in gender.
|Administrative Assistant To General Manager||11%||85%|
|Customer Service-Call Center Manager||27%||67%|
|District Commercial Superintendent||90%||2%|
|Director Of Plant Operations||93%||4%|
Customer Service-Call Center Manager Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among customer service-call center managers is White, which makes up 72.5% of all customer service-call center managers. Comparatively, there are 13.6% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 5.8% of the Black or African American ethnicity.
- White, 72.5%
- Hispanic or Latino, 13.6%
- Black or African American, 5.8%
- Asian, 5.5%
- Unknown, 2.2%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.4%
Customer Service-Call Center Manager Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among customer service-call center managers.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Customer Service-Call Center Manager Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Customer Service-Call Center Manager
We determined the average age of customer service-call center managers based on ethnicity and gender.
Customer Service-Call Center Manager Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of customer service-call center manager employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of customer service-call center managers is 40+ years old, which represents 64% of the population.
Types of Customer Service-Call Center Manager Degree Levels
The most common degree for customer service-call center managers is high school diploma 31% of customer service-call center managers earn that degree. A close second is bachelor's degree with 28% and rounding it off is associate degree with 23%.
- High School Diploma, 31%
- Bachelors, 28%
- Associate, 23%
- Diploma, 8%
- Other Degrees, 10%
Customer Service-Call Center Manager Jobs You Might Like
Customer Service-Call Center Manager Wage Gap By Education
Customer Service-Call Center Manager Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ customer service-call center managers. We found that the most common company type is public. In addition, the industry that employs the most customer service-call center managers is the finance industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire customer service-call center managers.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Customer Service-Call Center Manager Work In
Employees with the customer service-call center manager job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most customer service-call center managers prefer to work at public companies over private companies.
Top Industries Hiring Customer Service-Call Center Managers
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ customer service-call center managers. Those industries include finance, technology and retail.
Customer Service-Call Center Manager Turnover And Employment Statistics
Customer Service-Call Center Manager Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of customer service-call center managers changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Customer Service-Call Center Manager Stay in a Job
By looking over 9,871 customer service-call center managers resumes, we figured out that the average customer service-call center manager enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 36%.
Comparing The LGBT Ratio of Customer Service-Call Center Managers with Other Job Titles
After finding the gender ratio, we wondered if the percentages of LGBT persons were different as well. Using the data below, you can see how other job titles compare to customer service-call center managers.
|Vice President Of Engineering||15.08%|
|Customer Service-Call Center Manager||17.88%|
|Interim Chief Executive Officer||18.57%|
|Chief Program Officer||28.57%|
|Director Of Case Management||29.21%|
Foreign Languages Spoken By Customer Service-Call Center Managers
The most common foreign language among customer service-call center managers is Spanish at 73.2%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 6.7% and Arabic is the third-most popular at 3.3%.
- Spanish, 73.2%
- French, 6.7%
- Arabic, 3.3%
- Portuguese, 3.0%
- Italian, 1.5%
- Other, 12.3%