University of Texas Medical Branch
The mission of Correctional Managed Care is to address the healthcare needs of underserved patient populations within the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) and the Texas Juvenile Justice Department (TJJD).
Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the educational activities for the assigned service and participates in meeting the educational needs for patient care service in order to provide educational support to staff and patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Collaborates with nurse managers and staff to assess the learning needs and competencies.
* Develops, implements and evaluates educational plans/programs utilizing adult learning theory and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
* Serves as a consultant for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development.
* Participates in the coordination and continuity of orientation programs.
* Practices and promotes patient/family advocacy and facilitates the maintenance of ethical practice.
* Practices and promotes positive guest and peer relations.
* Practices and promotes quality improvement activities.
* Demonstrates a high level of productivity and dependability.
* Provides leadership and promotes teamwork within the unit(s), department and services.
* Actively promotes the development of others.
* Adheres to internal controls established for department.
* Performs related duties as required.
Standard patient care equipment, related supplies, and mechanical devices.
Standard office environment. May be located, or required to work, within the confines of a prison, jail or juvenile detention center. Security clearance is required; pre-employment drug testing is also required.