SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA)
Remote or Irving, TX
Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA)
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Please note: our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic and our employees are working from home. Once our offices reopen, this position will transition to working in either our Rockville, MD, Bedford, MA, or Irving, TX offices.
As a SQL Server Database Administrator, you will be a hands-on SQL Database Administrator (DBA) in a complex environment with databases hosted on premise and on Azure. SQL DBA activities include, but are not limited to, installation, configuration, setup of Always-on & windows failover cluster, importing/exporting, patch installs, capacity planning, backup and recovery of mission critical databases. Support 300+ SQL servers and 1000+ databases with sizes of 5+ TB.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
* Manage database design, creation, and maintenance.
* Analyze database requirements of the user department, applications programming, and operations.
* Submit recommendations for solutions that require definition of the physical structure and functional capabilities of databases and require data security and data backup/recovery.
* Perform performance tuning, capacity planning, Partitioning, and back-up/recovery activities.
* Coordinate research, planning and implementation of new database installations, upgrades and patches.
* Control system capacity for existing requirements and plan for future needs.
* Facilitate root cause analysis on database issues.
* Maintain technical documentation relating to database management.
* Provide 24/7 production support on a rotation basis.
* Review/audit overall system security and data integrity.
* Define and develop a database monitoring facility.
* Identify and resolve all database performance issues.
* Act as a subject matter expert for less experienced team members.
* Export and Import data Prod and Non Prod Environments
* Act as lead for migrating/upgrading SQL Server to higher versions.
* Responsible for data security and Integrity with HIPAA requirements
* Responsible for establishing best practices, standards and enforcing security mechanism
* Assist Developers with query turning and Schema refinement
* Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
* Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
* The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
As a SQL Server Database Administrator, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related engineering discipline or 8 years of related experience
* Minimum 7 years of MS SQL DBA experience, including database design and implementation, administration of multiple SQL instances, Always On, SQL Clustering. SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Machine Learning, Change Data Capture is required.
* Minimum 5 years of experience as SQL Database Administrator on Windows 2016 and above.
* Extensive experience in installation, configuration and administration of SQL Server 2016 thru 2019
* Must have experience in T-SQL, PowerShell and Infrastructure Automation using Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt, Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
* Experience in writing/debug of SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, creating Tables, Views and Indexes
* Managing SQL Server Big Data Cluster with polybase is huge plus.
* Experience with Azure data factory, Azure Data Bricks, Azure Synapse is desirable.
* Experience with Other Database technologies (Oracle, MongoDB, Informatica, Hadoop) is a plus.
* Knowledge of Solar winds, Solar winds DPA, Golden Gate and data modeling experience is a plus.
* Ability to troubleshoot day-to-day problems encountered on production as well as non-production database environments
* Excellent analytical and communication skills (written, verbal, listening), work ethics and ability to work in a team environment with strong determination and commitment to the deliverables
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage (low copay & deductible)
* Life insurance
* Short- and long-term disability
* 401(k) + match
* Generous Paid Time Off
* Paid company holidays
* Tuition reimbursement
* Flexible Spending Account
* Employee Assistance Program
* Summer Hours
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please [ Link Removed ] .
$88k-116k yearly est.