Remote or Philadelphia, PA
The Senior Network Engineer will coordinate strategies for defining, deploying, and maintaining Dechert's network architecture, both software defined and traditional. This position will also be responsible for managing projects, planning technology roadmaps, and configuring and optimizing data, video and voice services. Although the primary focus of this position is to implement and support underlying network infrastructure, the candidate will also be tasked with general network support and buildouts including security, routing, switching, wireless services and other network related duties. This position will provide mentoring, training, and support to other staff as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Design system configurations; direct system installations; define, document, and enforce system standards.
* Maximize network performance by recommending and building appropriate monitoring and automation platforms, troubleshoot network problems and outages, schedule upgrades, perform baselining and capacity planning and perform network optimization.
* Perform independent complex network troubleshooting.
* Troubleshoot and optimize performance of voice and video communication.
* Recommend and implement network security policies, services and devices.
* Follow asset lifecycle management best practices including inventory, implementation and documentation.
* Define and update departmental network documentation and databases.
* Implement and monitor systems to project capacity and performance issues to ensure uninterrupted service.
* Assist in the operational, strategic planning, and business continuity / disaster recovery solutions.
* Provide strategic technical direction, roadmap design, installation, and configuration of all data systems/services.
* Coordinate and manage teams for network initiatives.
* Write business correspondence for recommendations, project support, and customer service purposes.
* Travel on occasions to both domestic and international offices.
* Be flexible with either working from home or in office when required.
* May be subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to fifty (50) lbs.
* Continue technical and professional skills development.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* On-Call, overtime as needed.
* Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools.
* Ability to apply judgment, implement solutions, and resolve conflicts, all in a multi-tasked environment.
* Software Defined Networking (SDN) - working experience or knowledge with SDN platforms, industry standard and trends such as Cisco ACI.
* Five (5) or more years of working experience with load balancing technologies; F5 experience preferred.
* Working experience with firewall technologies, Palo Alto platform experience preferred.
* Working experience with Cisco services is helpful. These include ISE, Cisco Prime, Cisco Call Manager and Meraki Wireless appliances.
* Working experience with cloud technologies in PaaS, SaaS, IaaS and Microsoft Azure. This includes configuring VNets, ExpressRoute, and Microsoft peering.
* Project Management skills.
* Organized, detail-oriented, and able to effectively handle concurrent projects.
* Be flexible, versatile and dependable.
* Maintain high technical and professional standards.
* Ability to work individually or as part of a high-performance team.
* Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and with written documentation.
* Exceptional customer service skills and work ethic.
* Display willingness to help others, a pleasant personality, a courteous manner, and a professional demeanor.
* Requires good working knowledge of networking industry as well as networking systems design and engineering.
* Skill in troubleshooting/diagnostic tools and software installation and maintenance.
* Provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to others.
* Applies expertise to the most complex problems; coordinates work outside own area of expertise.
* Develop and manage plans to achieve objectives; participate in the development of business strategy.
* Has developed depth and breadth of expertise in multiple related disciplines.
* Takes leadership role, acts as a facilitator and mentor.
Additional Job Description
KNOWLEDGE/CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS DESIRED:
* Cisco certifications preferred - CCIE, CCNP, CCNA.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
* 7+ years of experience designing, configuring, and implementing enterprise-class Cisco networks, supporting CoS, Qos, Data, Video and Voice services.
* Hands-on experience with data and voice products including Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Voice Gateways, Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) functionality, Networking troubleshooting tools.
* Experience implementing QoS/CoS policies and priority queuing - WAN LAN.
* Understanding of Data/ Video/Voice/VoIP service provisioning methods, service delivery, SLA metrics, and procedures.
* Understanding of enterprise architectures, routing, and transport protocols.
* Understanding of Network Security fundamentals.
* IPSLA NetFlow monitoring/management.
* Understanding of data and voice circuit and protocols including but not limited to MPLS, SIP, ISND PRI, RTP, G.711, G.729, H323.
* Prior Cisco networking implementation and support experience.
* Support and design of a converged network.
* Cloud-based Voice service exposure.
* Administration and troubleshooting with Data\Video\VoIP services.
Philadelphia - Market St.Austin, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Connecticut, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Tampa, Washington
Dechert LLP is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. The Firm prohibits unlawful discrimination in any term or condition of employment against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, membership or service in the armed forces, or any other characteristic protected by law.