Phil Long Toyota of Trinidad
Detail Technician Job in Trinidad, CO
$32,409 - $77,104 (Flag Rate)
Will Train Applicant(s):
Cleans and refurbishes new and used automobiles. Conforms to dealership and/or manufacturer specifications and time allowances.
• Washes vehicle exterior, cleans interior and exterior windows and wipes down doorjambs.
• Applies wax to auto body, and wipes or buffs surface.
• Vacuums interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris.
• Cleans upholstery, rugs and other surfaces, using appropriate cleaning agents, applicators and cleaning devices.
• Applies revitalizers and preservation agents to interior vinyl or leather surfaces and treats fabrics with spot- and stain-resistant chemicals.
• Cleans engine and engine compartment with steam-cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents.
• Applies special-purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, utilizing experience and judgment and following product manufacturer's recommendations.
• Inspects vehicles for noticeable defects, such as dents, scratches, torn upholstery and poor mechanical operation.
• Restores appearance of engine area, rugs and upholstery and painted surfaces. Uses touch-up paint, dyes and other appropriate materials.
• Uses proper eye, hand and body protection when using products that require protection.
• Fills vehicle with fuel.
• Applies dressing on tires and tire wells.
• Replaces missing or defective small parts.
• Maintains showroom and stock vehicles in clean and presentable condition at all times.
• Ensures proper stickers are displayed in the vehicle's window.
• Removes all window stickers on sold vehicles.
• Keeps work area neat and clean.
• Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
• Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
• Other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
•Ability to drive both automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Valid Driver's License
Benefits (Eligibility dependent upon employment status)
• Medical • Dental • Vision • PTO • 401k • FSA/ HSA/ HRA • Basic Life Insurance • Short Term/ Long Term Disability • Legal Insurance • Employee Assistance Program • Onsite Fit Factories • Employee Clinics