Application Support Specialist
Vector Consulting, Inc.
Our government client is looking for an experienced
Applications Support Specialist
on a 100% remote 12+ months renewable contract opportunity in
Applications Support Specialist
As a Software Engineer Specialist for the Custom Applications Operations team, you will provide technical support, troubleshooting, and issue resolution for custom software applications primarily developed on the .NET framework. You will work closely with clients, end-users, and Support Specialists members to ensure the successful delivery of high-quality support services. Functional areas of the custom applications are all aspects of the business: project information, contract management, invoice management, permit processes, approval workflows, and others.
•Provide technical support and troubleshooting .NET in-house custom applications using Visual Studio (including VS2010, VS2013, VS2017, VS2019, and VS2022).
• Ability to build and run applications from source control repositories, understand technical documentation provided by vendors, find the root cause of issues, and add to backlog Sprint list for release fixes.
• Assist in fixing bugs for release when assigned. Escalate bug issues that require additional resources and major changes to the application to the team lead/supervisor and project manager. Document findings and the root cause of the problem and meet with the assigned product vendor support to provide conclusions.
• Analysis of updates, business requirements, and enhancements between applications with the assistance of a Software Architect and Database Architect when assigned.
• Knowledge of SQL statements in SQL Server and Oracle to analyze issues reported in the application.
• Provide SQL statements for applications with backend support tickets and follow up database standards for the approval cycle for the team lead, database team, and architects.
• Work with the assistance of architects and DevOps when assigned.
• Troubleshoot, document, and resolve cot software issues and bugs.
• Analyze, resolve, document, and track support tickets and issues in a ticketing system, add comments, and communicate with the users on the resolution completion.
• Required skills to work with vendor support teams for additional assistance or during the deployment.
• Communicate effectively with clients and stakeholders regarding technical issues and solutions.
• Perform routing validations and monitoring of cot applications.
• Assist with System Operations Team in deployments.
• Participate in database, software, infrastructure upgrade analysis, validation, and deployments.
• Participate in server upgrades for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) in the organization's private cloud infrastructure using the VMWare vSphere Metro Stretched Cluster (MSC).
• Follow the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) processes used within the organization (Incident > Problem > Change) in ServiceNow (Ticking system).
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field
• 5+ years of experience in development, software support, or related role
• Strong knowledge of the .NET framework and related technologies
• Experience with Oracle and SQL Server databases to perform queries
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with clients and team members
• Experience writing knowledge base articles to support custom applications
• Developed applications in .NET technologies with Kendo UI Telerik, Web API, REST API, JSON, SQL DB,
Oracle database, XML, and HTML5
• Experience with ServiceNow ITSM system is preferred
4 years of Experience with the design, development, and testing of Enterprise IT Software Applications and Systems Required.
3 years of Experience in upgrading, deploying, and support of Enterprise IT Software Applications and Systems Required.
3 years of Experience working with complex enterprise applications, mainly in Microsoft Technology Required.
2 years of Experience in providing Level 1 and 2 Technical production support and operations Required.
2 years of Experience in integration of Custom Built, COST, or Third-Party software systems with other enterprise systems using APIS and toolkits Highly desired.
2 years of Experience creating technical support documents and guides Highly desired.
3 years of Experience with interaction with Business Stakeholders and Users Nice to have.
2 years of Past project history and client references Nice to have.
Vector Consulting, Inc., (Headquartered in Atlanta) is an IT Talent Acquisition Solutions firm committed to delivering results. Since our founding in 1990, we have been partnering with our customers, understanding their business, and developing solutions with a commitment to quality, reliability and value. Our continuing growth has been and continues to be built around successful relationships that are based on our organization's operating philosophy and commitment to ** People, Partnerships, Purpose and Performance - THE VECTOR WAY
$81k-128k yearly est.