TTM Technologies, Inc.
Posting Title: Machine Operator
Reports to: Manufacturing Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Shift: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
TTM Technologies - Publically Traded US Company, NASDAQ (TTMI) - Top-5 Global Printed Circuit Board Manufacturer
Come join an innovative team that is making a difference to our customers and partners in the Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Computing, Industrial & Instrumentation, Networking & Communications, and Medical industries. Our collaborative team encompasses >20K employees across 26 facilities around the world. We strive for excellence where you can take pride in your work while creating a professional future centered on growth and opportunity. Employees are offered a competitive benefit package, including health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and retirement savings options.
Explore our career opportunities and apply today to join the TTM team. We are looking for multiple candidates to work on first shift (8am to 4:30pm) second shift (4:00pm to 12:30am) and 3rd shift (12:00am to 8:30 am. Shift differential pay offered for second and third shifts.
Working within a high-production industrial environment, the Machine Operator is responsible for meeting departmental production, quality, and safety standards. Upon training within the department, the Machine Operator will be responsible for independently reading and verifying the production traveler (customer order and specifications) and then setting up, loading, and operating machinery to complete the intended manufacturing process.
The specific machinery being operated is dependent on the department, but may include drilling, scanning, chemical plating, film lamination, printing, laboratory, and inspection equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Read and accurately understand the shop traveler (job order, instructions, and customer specifications).
* Set up and operate different types of machinery according to the department processes and each job's requirements.
* Consistently evaluate product for quality, verifying departmental procedures are completed accurately.
* Verify previous operations were completed and confirm quantity and quality. Test and inspect images of circuit boards.
* Record defects and document quality data. Immediately escalate issues to management or engineering.
* Read, record, and report all traveler and product data accurately on both the shop orders and within computer applications.
* Acquire production materials, set up the production area, and maintain a clean and safe environment.
* Follow all safety training and procedures as directed by the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Manager, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), chemical handling, and hazardous waste.
* Responsible for immediately reporting all accidents, near misses, and safety concerns.
* Cross train on operations and equipment within the area.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
* Ability to read and comprehend English written instructions, including manufacturing work orders, customer specifications, blueprints, and shop control documents.
* Quality centered mindset with strong attention-to-detail, mathematical, and technical aptitude.
* Able to be a positive team member while also working independently.
* Manual dexterity (hand/finger/eye coordination) is essential to the Machine Operator job.
* General computer skills and ability to update electronic records, enter data into systems, and send emails.
* Able to sit or stand throughout a shift and independently push, pull, or lift 10-40-pounds.
* Able to read, write, and communicate in English to the degree necessary to perform the job.
* Consistently meet attendance requirements. Willingness to work overtime, including weekends as necessary.
* Comfortable working within a manufacturing environment that includes machinery, moving parts, noise, and chemicals.
* Ability and willingness to cross-train in other departments, learning to operate other machinery.
Education and Experience:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years of manufacturing experience preferred. Experience within the aerospace industry or AS9102 is a plus.
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
$24k-32k yearly est.