Materials Specialist Job in Cincinnati, OH
- Provides administrative support as needed including data processing, copying, filing, scheduling meetings and responding to general inquiries.
- Resolves routine and/or special problems requiring knowledge of company policies and procedures and refers other matters to appropriate team members.
- Produces routine and special reports from automated and hard copy records by collecting, organizing, compiling, generating and distributing the data.
- Monitoring reduce to spares inventory levels, and transferring inventory between service centre locations if necessary.
- Obtains quotations from vendors to ensure favorable quality, price and delivery terms; researches new products and vendors; provides data to technical staff and assists them in purchasing decisions. Expedites orders to ensure timely delivery of purchases by verifying initial demands and analyzing backorder reports.
- Interfaces with vendors, staff and management to resolve discrepancies, answer questions and provide guidance and training on inventory systems. Recommends enhancements to material planning systems.
- Controls data integrity of inventory systems by creating and updating item master files, analyzing engineering control changes, monitoring past due purchase orders and work-in-progress, researching inventory discrepancies, verifying and updating alternate parts file, and verifying and updating standard costs.
- Coordinates and monitors the return of damaged goods, arranging for replacements or credits, and documents all transactions.
- Carries out new, used and sub-contract supplier/vendor development for the business unit by sourcing new vendors, negotiating price and delivery terms, administering vendor qualification surveys, and educating suppliers on the material policies and procedures of the business unit.
- Participates in the recommendation of business unit material policy discussions. Exhibits an understanding of complex material/financial situations.
- Reviews and recommends updates to company instructions and material policies and procedures.
- Assists team members in their daily work activities as required.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other projects as assigned.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of inventory control systems.
- Thorough knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment.
- Thorough knowledge of inventory control, purchasing and production management computer systems
- 75% completion of an appropriate certification program (PMAC, APICS, CPM or CMA).
- Experience in an inventory or manufacturing environment.
- 3 or more years of purchasing, inventory control, and/or supply chain experience.
- The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is equivalent to high school completion or equivalent to high school completion with specialized training.
- The person can read text of medium difficulty requiring an understanding of basic concepts. He/she may be expected to write text intended to communicate non-technical information and, display command of spelling, grammar, punctuation and basic composition. People working at this level can be required to have certain specialized skills, and be able to comprehend somewhat complicated procedures.
- Directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous learning and required for someone to perform this job competently is three to six months.
- Ongoing work assignments typically have clearly defined goals. The incumbent's education, training, and previous experience ensure work assignments are successfully carried out because he/she understands what is expected, as well as the best approach to take.