Sit back and relax while we apply to 100s of jobs for you - $25
REACH Lead Direct Support Professional -Adult CTH & ATH (Internal Only)
Provides supervision, constructive feedback, and training to the Direct Support Professional Team.$21k-31k yearly est.3d ago
Residential Specialist (Part-Time)
We are currently seeking a Residential Specialist to be responsible for monitoring the smooth operation of our Adult Women's Residential Program through supervision of a Residential Community Structure. At National Capital Treatment & Recovery change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care.$26k-37k yearly est.25d ago
Direct Support Professional (Part Time)
Jill's House is seeking Direct Support Professionals to care for children with intellectual disabilities in our fully accessible respite resort in Vienna, Virginia just outside of Washington, DC. Jill's House Together video - It's such a huge blessing knowing that what I do as a direct support professional has such a lasting impact on so many families." As long as their children can be safely served at Jill's House, all families (regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, or any other characteristic) will be unconditionally welcomed, served, and loved. "Jill's House is an amazing place to work with the most incredible staff team that are mission focused on serving children with intellectual disabilities. The Direct Support Professional is responsible for: Jill's House is a Christian non-profit organization that loves and serves families raising children, adolescents, and young adults (ages 6-22) with intellectual disabilities through short-term, overnight respite care and holistic family support services.$23k-30k yearly est.4d ago
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 240-864-7630. to work in our Clarksburg MD office. The health and safety of our employees is a top-priority at Thales Defense & Security, Inc. Thales Defense & Security, Inc. is a global company serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, naval/maritime, and public safety and security domains. Responsibilities In this position, you will function as a DSP Engineer and perform design and development of wireless communication system including: Thales is an E-Verify employer.$96k-122k yearly est.Easy Apply2d ago
Resident In Counseling - Sterling, VA
It is the mission of Health Connect America to create quality, affordable opportunities for individuals and families to achieve their greatest potential in a safe, positive living environment. Preferred: approved by the board as a Resident in Counseling or Supervisee in Social Work in the state of Virginia Full-time Residents at Health Connect America are eligible to receive supervision towards their Licensure from a Board Approved Supervisor. What will I be doing as a Resident in Mental Health Counseling? Meets current requirements to receive approval as a Resident in Counseling or Supervisee in Social Work in the state of Virginia Health Connect America is a multi-state, community mental and behavioral health services provider. At Health Connect America, we are dedicated to making connections happen every day by cultivating growth, belonging, and wellness for our teammates, while providing meaningful mental health & behavioral health services to our community.$35k-42k yearly est.1d ago
Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Advanced Practice Provider (Sign-On Bonus available)
For more information email Rachel Hill, Provider Recruiter at The Inova LJ Murphy Children s Hospital is seeking an experienced APP for its growing pediatric and adult congenital cardiac surgery program. The Inova LJ Murphy Children s Hospital is located on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, a 923-bed medical center serving Northern Virginia, the Washington DC metro area and beyond.$66k-132k yearly est.7d ago
Direct Support Professional (DSP)- Life Coach - Germantown
positions in Germantown, Maryland.$16.3 hourly1d ago
* Assist with the learning and development of independent and community-based skills *Community Options, Inc.* is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states. * Participate with individuals in community, social, and recreational activities We are Now Hiring *Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN* *Direct Support Professionals (DSP), Caregivers, Direct Care Staff, Home Health Aides* in *Rockville, MD* to provide person-centered care tailored to meet the needs of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. * Drive individuals to medical appointments and activities in the community$15.7 hourly1d ago
Sr. Embedded DSP / AI Engineer
Renesas, one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world, has recently acquired Reality AI, an innovator in embedded and edge AI. Our Reality AI Tools help customers make every product they build more intelligent.$23k-38k yearly est.2d ago
Direct Care Counselor
* As Grafton is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, you may be eligible for federal student loan forgiveness Experience may include supervised internships, practicums, field experience, and other volunteer or related experiences as evaluated by Grafton prior to hire. If you have issues applying or have any questions about this position, please reach out to us at HR@Grafton.org or 540-542-0200 Ext. * Perform all duties in accordance with the Grafton's policies and procedures$21.6 hourlyEasy Apply41d ago
W2 Advanced Practice Providers Needed for Adult Neurology in Multiple States - 114289
APP 8 Hour shift day for Neuro
Working along the Drs
Pt no benefits scale
Critical States: CA, NM, AZ, Missouri and Florida
FNP in or outpatient
Need 2 years and above
Prn pt or Ft
$44k-82k yearly est.29d ago
Direct Support Professional
Assist in the development and implementation of Personal Centered Individual Service Plans (ISP), including but not limited to social, community inclusion, communication, behavior, and skill development. $500 Direct Support Professional Sign-On Bonus!$21k-29k yearly est.29d ago
School Break Day Camp Counselor
* Completion of Life Time Summer Camp Counselor Certification prior to Camp Season Life Time is a place for everyone.$23k-38k yearly est.21d ago
Professional Services II (Cloud Infrastructure Architect) #0000
development, and implementation of Amazon's utility computing web Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), technologies: AWS Backup, Amazon Inspector, Amazon MQ, Athena, Location: Herndon, VA 1. Help partners and customers utilize AWS services, such as Amazon Employer: Amazon Web Services, Inc. Amazon SimpleDB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access$106k-172k yearly est.57d ago
Qualifications CACI | SystemWare (CSW) Team is seeking a highly motivated mid-level DSP Engineer with demonstrable experience in design and implementation of advanced signal processing algorithms for wireless signal collection systems.$21k-35k yearly est.5d ago
REACH Mobile Support Professional **SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE**
RBHA promotes health, wellness, and recovery for the people and communities we serve. Richmond Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) is licensed by the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services and is the statutorily established public entity responsible for providing mental health, intellectual disabilities, substance abuse and prevention services to the citizens of the City of Richmond.$21.8 hourly29d ago
Personal Care Worker (PCW) - Day, Eve, or Night- Full Time
The Personal Care Worker is an active member of the clinical team who is committed to providing residents with assistance and care in all aspects of their daily life and to the overall functioning of the community. High School diploma or GED required.Current CPR certification is preferred (CPR certification required within 90 days of hire) 1 year of Personal Care Worker experience is preferred but not required Complete a Safe Food Handling and Preparation Class (within 30 days of hire) We're part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states-and growing. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices Onsite physicians group dedicated to only serving Erickson Senior Living residents Greenspring is a beautiful 58-acre continuing care retirement community located in the heart of Fairfax County in Springfield, Virginia.$16 hourly2d ago
Direct Support Professional: PRN or Part Time
* Primary responsibility is to work in the residence of a person served as a personal support and to be engaged with him/her, always actively involved and to make sure all programs and activities are carried out for the benefit of the person served, both in the home and in the community.
* Provides supervision and training to adults with intellectual disabilities in order to promote each person's growth toward his/her highest potential always following his/her individual plan and goals.
* To make sure the house is personalized and individualized to each persons served preference and personality.
* Shall teach and instruct people served to do as much as possible for themselves, per program plans, and to not conduct personal business on work time (no personal cell phones, reading, TV watching, writing, etc.)
* If requested, communicates with the day program staff concerning the individual program of a person served.
* Communicates concerns related to the persons served and house operations needs to the House Manager or Division Manager in a timely manner.
* Utilizes approved behavior plans and intervention strategies to enhance the progress of achieving goals and objectives.
* To act as a positive role model for persons served and Agency staff.
* Works hands on directly with people served to assist each person in developing independent living skills, such as mobility, budgeting, personal hygiene, cleaning, bathing, toileting, nail care and oral hygiene.
* Knows whereabouts of persons served at all times.
* Meets with the House Manager and/or Division Manager or his/her designee routinely for scheduled meetings.
* Is knowledgeable of routine and emergency medical procedures to include, but not limited to, CPR, vital signs, positioning, wheelchair usage, transfers, assistive devices, splints, dentures and walkers.
* Administers correct and timely medication (oral, topical, nebulizers, bowel regimens) consistent with the Physician Medical Order Form (PMOF) and the Medication Administration Record (MAR) and ensures three-way check.
* Monitors and assists in maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the persons served home, inside and out.
* Is responsible for aiding persons served in the care and maintenance of his/her personal belongings and ensures these are secure and controlled by each person.
* Completes appropriate records and reports, i.e. monthly reports, incident reports, seizure records, program activity logs, fire drill reports, etc.
* Cleans home with person served where appropriate, completes laundry, and prepares food according to approved menus, special diets and food consistencies.
* Collects data relating to persons served progress according to Agency policy.
* Is responsible for transporting persons served to appointments, activities, community outings.
* Assumes financial responsibility for Agency and persons served funds, documents same per agency policy.
* Communicates medical concerns to Registered Nurse and supervisor within the appropriate time frame.
* Checks all rooms at specified times to ensure persons served safety and well-being.
* Uses approved crisis intervention techniques in emergency situations when persons served are in danger of injuring themselves or others.
* Knows the location of important house records: fire drills, water temps, medical records, menus, and other files.
* Attends religious services with the person served.
* Uses home computer daily for information and for the completion of specified job duties.
* Attends team meetings as required.
* Works cooperatively and effectively with Agency volunteers maximizing the volunteers' experience while meeting the needs of people served and the programs.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Commitment to enhancing the lives of people with intellectual disabilities. Ability to work as part of a team. Must have a driver's license and an acceptable driving record as determined by criteria established by the Agency's insurance carrier and by Agency policy. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. CPR/FIRST AID TRAINING REQUIRED$21k-27k yearly est.5d ago
DSP (Direct Support Professional)
We are looking for a staff to work with an individual in Ashburn, VA.$17 hourly2d ago
Direct Support Professional (PT) Gaithersburg, MD
We are looking for amazing people to join our team of Direct Support Professionals. At Jubilee, we assist and support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in living independently.$18 hourly5d ago
Based on recent jobs postings on Zippia, the average salary in the U.S. for a Direct Care Counselor is $33,422 per year or $16 per hour.
The highest paying Direct Care Counselor jobs have a salary over $49,000 per year while the lowest paying Direct Care Counselor jobs pay $22,000 per year
A certified nursing assistant generally assists patients in their healthcare needs and medical procedures. They support patients in their daily activities by monitoring patients' temperature and food intake, ensuring the cleanliness of the patient's room, and keeping documentation of patients' conditions for reference of nurses and doctors. A certified nursing assistant should also communicate with patients' families and provide updates as often as needed. It is also important that a nursing assistant is patient and compassionate enough to attend to direct patient needs, which could get demanding or challenging at times.
Direct support professionals are responsible for taking care of patients with physical or mental limitations. They do a variety of tasks for their patients, such as doing household chores, running errands for them, cooking for them, feeding them, bathing and dressing them, and helping them with their medication, among others. They also provide their patients with companionship, accompanying their patients to appointments, providing emotional support, and being with their patients for the most part of the day. They should be familiar with their patients' prescribed medicines, meal plans, therapy schedules, and other items related to the betterment of the patients' condition. Direct support professionals help the patients overcome their challenges and assist them in acclimating themselves with their current environment.
A residential counselor is responsible for guiding and providing the residents with their basic needs and other resources to support them in their daily living. Residential counselors' duties include maintaining the safety of the community by enforcing safety guidelines and procedures for the residents' compliance, organizing productive and engaging community activities, updating the residents of any changes and policies in the community, and resolving conflicts by counseling and understanding each resident's differences. A residential counselor must have excellent communication and decision-making skills to ensure the development of residents in a living facility.
Often, counselors are known to be the go-to person in times we are in need of emotional and psychological support. They help people to manage and overcome the issues which affect their mental health and well-being. Counselors face different kind of situations which may involve trauma, addiction, disabilities, abuse, suicide, anger management, career, and even personal relationships. They provide care, counseling, rehabilitation, and support services. Every counseling requires collaborative effort both from the counselor and client to become effective.
Social workers help their clients get through problems that they may be facing. Social workers help identify individuals or groups of people, usually families, who may need assistance, generally through a set of pre-determined criteria. They then determine the best ways to help their clients by interviewing them, getting to know them, and understanding the context of their lives. They create plans that will help their clients become better, such as integrating into a new environment, assisting them in their needs, or even rescuing them from their current place. Social workers have good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
Illustrated Career Paths For a Direct Care Counselor