Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
The Beauty Field Director is responsible for driving sales as the category expert in Cosmetics and Fragrances for assigned stores. The Beauty Field Director will directly supervise a team of Account Coordinators. The job focus will be elevating the store experience through merchandising, training, collaborating and influencing corporate, store, and vendor partners. The Beauty Field Director will direct consistent store execution by being a knowledgeable and strategic business partner; identifying opportunities and ensuring all corporate and store strategies are successfully implemented. The Beauty Field Director will lead execution of Beauty events to drive sales. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Merchandise & Event Execution to deliver sales growth.
• Communicate clear, concise priorities, strategies and direction to account coordinators and store teams.
• Collaborate with corporate and store partners to direct consistent execution based on national guidelines and standards.
• Ensure local, store, and vendor execution aligns with national guidelines and standards.
• Collaborate with Regional, Beauty Field Directors, Field Planning Principals, Central and Stores partners to support growth in stores.
• Analyze business results (store, category, brand, product, etc.) in order to identify and surface sales-driving opportunities.
• Observe and assess merchandise execution processes. Identify areas of opportunities; recommend solutions to store for corrective action.
• Be a change agent; encourage self and others to challenge the status quo with forward thinking strategies.
• Partner with corporate and store teams on floor planning process to support corporate strategies.
• Lead and participate in event execution, including corporate, promotional, and vendor launch events. Lead local event strategy, planning, and
execution. Work with corporate, store, and vendor partners to plan and execute events. Perform post-event analysis.
• Prepare for, participate in, and follow-up on store visits and pre-season planning meetings.
• Participate in communication cascade calls; attend national webinars and calls with central, regional, and vendor partners.
• Develop collaborative relationships with vendors; communicate priorities and needs.
• Visit competition; observe and evaluate competitive opportunities; communicate findings to central and regional teams.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
People, Selling, & Training
• Demonstrate and drive excellent service and selling through reinforcing customer-centric culture among Account Coordinators and Beauty Advisors.
• Partner with store management to recruit top talent and ensure open jobs are filled in a timely manner.
• Support the onboarding of new Beauty Field Directors, Store Executives, and Beauty Advisors.
• Manage and develop Account Coordinators by providing guidance, coaching, and feedback and defining schedules. Partner with vendor management
to align Account Coordinator priorities.
• Partner with corporate Merchandising and Education teams to understand people, selling, and training strategies. Surface feedback and ideas on training execution.
• Support vendor partnerships to organize training focused on product features, benefits, and selling techniques. Partner with corporate and vendor
teams to ensure all product training is relevant and aimed at educating store teams on improving selling techniques and fully aligned with training priorities of Macy's corporate strategy.
• Focus leaders on clienteling using MyClient as a way to drive sales through enhanced client relationships.
• Support leaders in coaching and training to store colleagues, inclusive of both selling and informal product training.
• Recognize store team performance during visits utilizing sales and client metrics reporting.
Qualifications and Competencies
•High School or GED minimum
•5+ years direct experience
• Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
• Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
• Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
• Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required
• Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders
• Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions
• Frequently lift/move up to 25lb
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for
and here to
learn about Benefits
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for