Principal Acquisition Assoc
Quantech Services, Inc.
Principal Job in Chantilly, VA
The Program Control Analyst performs a variety of resource and acquisition management duties in support of NRO Program, Office, Directorate, and Staff components. Program Control Analysts focus specifically on the resource planning, analysis and execution of large space system development, acquisition, and operation programs and need to interact with a multidisciplinary technical workforce and development contractor in the accomplishment of their duties.
The nature of Program Control Analyst work varies from assisting in complex analyses at the project and program level; to independently performing more complex analyses using multiple analytical techniques and interaction with senior management at the Program Office and Directorate level.
* Prepare, monitor, and update program requirements and spend plans
* Maintain budget tracks at the program and project level
* Support the formulation and review of budget estimates and requirements for new and existing initiatives
* Collect resource information and compare it with historical data to develop or update current and future component or group resource requirements
* Analyze program performance and progress and make recommendations regarding whether planned resources are sufficient to accomplish assigned goals and objectives; propose resource adjustments as required
* Assist with budget exercises and the formulation and development of the Intelligence Program Budget Submission (IPBS), Congressional Budget Justification Book
(CBJB), and Congressional Justification Book (CJB) text, tables, and resource exhibit submissions
* Interface/update/maintain NRO financial management systems such as NRO Execution Tool (NEXT), NEAR, NFIS, FIT, FIRsT, EpX Studio, and other NRO financial management tools
* Identify data sources to use for analytic studies on proposed or ongoing directorate programs and activities
* Collaborate within the program office to ensure the integrity of program data is used for data analyses
* Use and maintain corporate resource information repositories, databases, decision support tools, strategies, processes, procedures and reports to ensure accurate financial reporting and management oversight in support of program initiatives
* Assist in building Budget Line Items (BLls) using appropriate BLl tools or Business, Plans and Operations (BPO) forms in compliance with NRO policies on Contract Line Item Numbers (CUN), Appropriations, Expenditure Types (ETs) and Budget Object Codes (BOCs)
* Monitor the commitment, obligation and expenditure of funds throughout the life cycle of the appropriation and ensure compliance with ET/BOC policies and administrative ceilings
* Assist in the evaluation of program execution, assessing the impact of developing trends and issues using appropriate methodologies to determine if the program is proceeding within available resources and remaining consistent with goals
* Collaborate in proposing resource realignments to maintain program execution or to respond to unplanned circumstances
* Support Tri-Annual Unliquidated Obligation reviews by validating obligation status and preparing and submitting adjustment documentation
* Generate, coordinate, and process Request for Contract Action (RCA), Funds From Others (FFOs), Funds To Others (FTOs), Funds Transfer Requests (FTR), Communication Service Requests (CSRs), Corporate IT Procurement (CIP) and other funding documentation for Government review and approval
* Assist in the development, analysis and review of Unfunded Requirements (UFRs)
* Assist in assessing the impact of contract and engineering changes on program cost/schedule baselines
* Gather, research, and analyze resource information to support recommendations to senior leadership discussions, thinking, and decisions on programmatic resource planning and allocations
* Provide input in the preparation of budget summaries, charts, memoranda, issue papers and talking points for senior management
* Assist in the research and preparation of correspondence, presentations, and briefings in response to action items such as those arising from Congressionally Directed Actions (CDA), Questions for the Record (QFR), the Office of Management and Budget (0MB), the IC oversight staffs, other oversight authorities, and NRO management
* Develop a working knowledge of relative performance measures to include: policies, metrics, OMB Performance Assessment Rating Tool (PART) process strategies, ODNI strategic planning and performance guidance, IC Strategic Enterprise Management (SEM) implementation, and other performance measurement processes
* Attend and provide support on program resource issues at Program Management Reviews (PMRs) and/or Business Management Reviews (BMRs)
* Use quantitative analyses techniques to perform trend analysis making use of Earned Value Management (EVM), Cost Performance Reports, Contract Fund Status Reports, and other BOA holders provided cost data for recommendations to authorized Government personnel
* Provide resource data for use in monitoring and updating cost collects, Independent Cost Estimates (ICE), Cost Program Management Plan/Baseline Agreement & Acquisition Reports (PMP/BAAR), and Major System Acquisition (MSA) resource reports
* Assist in analyzing resource data for inclusion in: program budget status reviews, Acquisitions Strategy Reviews (ASR), BPO Program Requirements Reviews, Program Status Reviews, ODNI Quarterly Program Reviews (QPRs), Cost PMP/BAAR, Government Estimate at Complete (GEAC) reporting, and other ad hoc reviews as directed
* Review program requirements and spend plans for accuracy and completeness. Make recommendations regarding resource trade-offs within and among competing programs and provide senior managers with resource alternatives.
* Draft and review for completeness budget estimates and requirements for new and existing initiatives. Recommend revisions
* Review and validate analyses used to develop and update current and future component or group resource requirements as the basis of recommendations to Government personnel.
* Make recommendations regarding final review of program level submissions for budget exercises and the IPBS, CBJB, and CJB closing gaps and resolving discrepancies prior to submission for senior management review
* Interface/update/maintain NRO financial management systems such as NEXT, NEAR, NFIS, FIT, FIRsT, EpX Studio, and other NRO financial management tools
* Review Program and Directorate data in the NEXT, NRO FIRsT, and Select and Native Programming (SNaP) systems for accuracy and completeness
* Keep abreast of all policies as they apply to NRO financial management, fully understand any changes to policies, and draft change recommendations during policy review. Provide guidance on the interpretation and application of financial regulations, policies, and procedures to senior management.
* Make recommendations to Government personnel regarding operating guidance, which incorporates all Congressional marks and management decisions
* Analyze resource information to draw conclusions and make recommendations about its value, importance, or accuracy for use in data analysis
* Identify and utilize existing methods to resolve data discrepancies, verify, and validate data
* Assist in the design, implementation, and use of corporate resource information repositories, databases, decision support tools, strategies, processes, procedures and reports to ensure accurate financial reporting and management oversight in support of program initiatives
* Review BLI requests at the Program and Directorate level in compliance with NRO policies on CLINs, Appropriations, ETs and BOCs
* Propose recommendations to Government personnel regarding resource realignments and sources at the Program and Directorate level as required to maintain program execution or to respond to unplanned circumstances
* Make recommendations to Government personnel regarding final program level TriAnnual Unliquidated Obligation review inputs and documentation for completeness prior to submission
* Make recommendations regarding funding documentation for accuracy and compliance with applicable NRO policies and instructions. Maintain appropriate internal controls to minimize data inaccuracy and/or unauthorized use of NRO funds.
* Consolidate and review program level UFRs, recommending changes and prioritization to senior management
* Edit and draft impacts to program resources resulting from of contract and engineering changes for senior management review
* Edit and draft budget summaries, charts, memoranda, issue papers and talking points for senior management
* Draft, review and edit correspondence, presentations, and briefings in response to action items. Participate in cross NRO program meetings to develop draft responses for consideration by Government personnel.
* Consolidate and make recommendations prior to submission, Program and Directorate inputs on the development, revision, implementation, data collection and reporting of performance measures to include: policies, metrics, 0MB PART process strategies, ODNI strategic planning and performance guidance, IC SEM implementation, and other performance measurement processes
* Provide recommended PMR and/or BMR feedback to senior management
* Integrate multiple quantitative analyses techniques into planning, execution, performance management and acquisition tasks
* Review ICE, Cost PMP/BAAR, and MSA resource reports for accuracy and completeness and make recommendations to authorized Government personnel.
* Draft recommended documentation for inclusion in: program budget status reviews, ASRs, BPO Program Requirements Reviews, Program Status Reviews, ODNI QPRs, PMP/BAARs, GEAC reporting, and other ad hoc reviews as directed
Please see standard Work, Physical and Mental Requirements for all Quantech roles.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands This is largely a sedentary role mostly sitting; however, some filing may be required . This would require the ability to move files, or boxes with file data, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary, ability to lift up to 40lbs.
Mental Demands: Reading; communicate effectively (verbal and written); maintain emotional control and professionalism.
Desired Skill Set:
* Demonstrated ability to apply analytic techniques to evaluate programmatic data and resolve inconsistencies
* Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel (pivot tables and macros)
* Demonstrated proficient in creating presentations in Microsoft Power Point
* Demonstrated experience and knowledge in project management concepts and principles
* Demonstrated knowledge of EVM experience techniques
* Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Appropriation Law, concepts, methods, and standards impacting financial activities
* Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Government budgetary principles and procedures
* Bachelors Degree in a technical or business related discipline (advanced degree preferred) and 6 years relevant experience OR high school diploma and 10 years relevant experience.
* Active TS/SCI clearance, with CI Poly.
Security clearance required
TSSCI CI Poly
0 - 10%
$99k-149k yearly est.