Laborer - Manh Choh Local
UIC Government Services and The Bowhead Family of Companies
Labour Worker Job in Tok, AK
General Laborer Summary: Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction site. Will clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, perform demolition activities, and clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials. Will identify and load/offload building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May assist other craft workers. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations.
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed.
- Tend pumps, compressors, or generators to provide power for tools, machinery, or equipment or to heat or move materials.
- Mix, pour, or spread concrete, using portable cement mixers.
- Control traffic passing near, in, or around work zones.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes. Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
- Proficient with all hand and power small tools
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures.
- Must be willing to work safely and follow all company policies
- Knowledge/awareness of safety issues