Leonardo DRS is a prime contractor, leading technology innovator and supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and defense contractors worldwide. The company specializes in naval and maritime systems, ground combat mission command and network computing, global satellite communications and network infrastructure, avionics systems, and intelligence and security solutions. Additionally, the company builds power systems and electro-optical/infrared systems for a wide range of commercial customers. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Leonardo DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
The Leonardo DRS Airborne and Intelligence Systems business is a global leader and strategic partner committed to delivering world-class, full life-cycle defense and intelligence products that protect the security of our nation and our allies. From air combat training to state-of-the-art electronic warfare systems, our technology is deployed by virtually all U.S. military and government agencies around the world.
We're hiring a Supply Chain Manager in our Germantown, MD office to develop subcontract and commodity forecasts and requirements, as well as strategies within area of responsibility which present a clear vision consistent with the overall Supply Chain Strategy. This position offers some remote flexibility.
* Develop forecast/requirements for area of responsibility (CCA, cables, metal)
* Develop subcontract/commodity strategies to present a clear vision of the commodity consistent with Supply Chain
* Initiate Lifecycle Problem Reports in relation to obsolete items and develop obsolescence material strategies to support PLM forecasts
* Research and Initiate Vendor Problem Reports based on Supplier concerns
* Manage inventory material receipt forecasts to support production plans
* Lead Strategic Supplier Development (SPA, BOA, LTA)
* Lead strategic sourcing initiatives
* Set goals for commodity; implement projects that are in line with the overall organizational strategy
* Responsible for Delivery, Cost, Quality
* Lead a multi-discipline team
* Develop/implement transition plans to new supplier
* Coordinate Strategic Supplier Development to improve delivery OTD, Cost and Quality
* Develop supplier agreements to reduce material lead times in coordination with cash flow and inventory
* Implement KANBAN and Min/Max for critical material
* Manage up to date Supplier Consigned Material levels to support
* Responsible for ensuring monthly inventory budgets are not exceeded, takes action to realign to plan if budgets are exceeded
* Interact with Program Management on Program Cost issues and required details
* Manage PPV to corporate goals
* Consolidate requisitions as much as possible to obtain leverage pricing
* Review open requisitions weekly and meet with appropriate buyers on the open requisitions
* Review placement to requisition need date and length of time in purchasing
* Coordinate with Engineering and Quality on a team approach to supplier assessments and approval
* Advise planning, engineering and drafting of item master errors, updates, or omissions in relation to mil-specs or new or obsolete items
* Advise planning, engineering and contracts of changes in prices or lead times that make and produce cost-prohibitive or lead times detrimental to production cycles
* Expedite critical components to ensure on-time deliveries. Be prepared to address any current or potential parts issues
* Look for creative ways to improve purchasing ability to make contributions to the company's goals
* Improve understanding of purchasing relationship to the over-all company plans and strategy
* Research and analyze costing information for cost reduction
* Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
* Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business, engineering or other area and a minimum of 5 years supply chain experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain management tools and procedures
* Demonstrated management skills, particularly "influence management" and "conflict resolution"
* Experience throughout the product lifecycle from New Product Introduction through obsolescence to include: generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, strategic supplier selection, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation for cost reduction and performance improvement efforts
* Experience in finance, contracting, export regulations, engineering, logistics, manufacturing and DoD, ITAR, EAR, FAR, DFAR regulations
* Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills
* Strong customer interface and communication skills
* Demonstrated success in managing manpower planning, program reviews, scheduling and budget control
* Must have a successful track record in managing complex aerospace/defense supply chain activities
* This position has the option of being either fully onsite in our Germantown facility or partly remote (onsite Tues-Thurs). Must live within commuting distance of the designated facility regardless of choice.
* For compliance with Executive Order 14042 candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
In compliance with Executive Order 14042 and the Company's desire to protect the safety and health of our employees, customers, and communities, effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment the Company requires all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #AIS
To build shareholder value through a commitment to high ethical standards and a superior performance culture focused on customers, employees, financial results and corporate citizenship.
To be the leading mid-tier defense technology company in the U.S.
Our employees appreciate a culture of open honest communications, and fair and equitable treatment. We accomplish through:
INTEGRITY. At Leonardo DRS ethics and accountability always comes first.
QUALITY. We set high standards of performance, and consistently deliver excellent products and services.
CUSTOMER FOCUS. We go above and beyond to meet customer needs, and work to create long-term relationships with our customers.
DIVERSITY. We embrace different points of view, and continually foster an environment that enable all participants to contribute to their full potential.
INNOVATION. At Leonardo DRS, innovation is in our DNA. We have built this company through the innovative ideas of our employees and continue to foster an environment that rewards new ideas to help our government and military customers save lives, solve critical problems and modernize to ensure mission success for years to come.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is committed
to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. We are committed to building a workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. At Leonardo DRS, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment makes us a stronger Company. We embrace different points of view, respect one another in the workplace, and understand that an inclusive environment furthers creativity, innovation, and business performance.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com