Maintenance Technician Job in California
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as pumps, motors, pneumatic tools, production machines, building/facility, as well as preventative maintenance and emergency response by performing the following duties. Under minimum supervision, maintain, analyze and correct problems of standard and sophisticated equipment.
Essential Functions % of Time
* Make repairs, replacements, adjustments, inspections, trouble shoot, and preventative
maintenance on all mechanical equipment.
* General mechanical maintenance, on various mechanical equipment such as, pumps,
cranes, hoist, hydraulic systems, vacuum pumps, and basic vehicle repairs
* Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts and examines form and
texture of parts to detect imperfections.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
* Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of
* Operates all types of conventional power tools
* Lubricates, cleans, paint
* Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and
* Drive forklift, arial boom lifts, scissors lifts, and small truck
* Repairs electrical equipment, run conduit
* Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements. Start devices to
test their performance.
* Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
* Arc, gas, tig/mig welding
* Install new equipment
* Layout jobs and complies bill of material
* Assists in training new employees & trainees
* Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their
* Performs other duties as assigned including leading projects and participation in project
Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
* Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of mechanical and facilities repair and maintenance.
* Ability to read, interpret, and verbally communicate documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Read and understand complicated blueprints and specifications
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Must be able to work independently and follow detailed, written instructions.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Must be able to install, maintain, diagnose and correct problems on complicated machinery and specialized plant equipment (i.e. milling machine, hot and stretch presses, automated machine tools, radial drill presses, ect.)
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Basic standard tools for this trade required to be supplied by individual.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Software such as ability to email and search internet for parts and repair methods.
* Occasional to frequent overtime and weekend work is required.
Physical Demands (reasonable accommodations may be made, if necessary):
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand - Continuously 10 lbs or less - Continuously
Walk - Continuously 11-20 lbs - Frequently
Sit - Occasionally 21-50 lbs - Occasionally
Climb - Occasionally 51-100 lbs - N/A
Crawl - Occasionally Over 100 lbs - N/A
Squat or Kneel - Occasionally
Bend - Occasionally Push / Pull
Fine Manipulation - Occasionally 10 lbs or less - Continuously
Reach Outward - Occasionally 10-20 lbs - Frequently
Reach Above Shoulder - Occasionally 20-50 lbs - Occasionally
Drive - Occasionally 50-100 lbs - N/A
Over 100 lbs - N/A
N/A (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
Occasionally - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (.25 - 2.5 hrs/day)
Frequently - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5 hrs/day)
Continuously - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements:
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Ten years' experience in machine tool field
* Experience in hydraulics, ability to read schematics, hydraulic and electrical
* 5 years of successful related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
Licenses, Certifications, etc.:
* CPR and First Aid Certified preferred
* Familiar with National Electrical Code
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
* Manufacturing environment
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses and fully enclosed steel or composite toe shoes while in all manufacturing areas. Hearing protection, respirator and hard hat in certain manufacturing areas.
* Noise level is usually moderate
* May occasional work in confined and/or elevated spaces.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
4001 El Mirage Road
Adelanto, California, 92301
$46k-57k yearly est.