Director of Business Development (Joplin, MO)
Business Development Director Job in Joplin, MO
Who are we?
Founded in 1849, Ducommun is the oldest company in California. Starting as a hardware supply store during the California Gold Rush and eventually assisted in the birth of the aerospace industry in Southern California by providing aircraft aluminum to early aerospace pioneers like Lindbergh, Douglas and Lockheed.
Our Electronic Systems Group provides comprehensive electronic manufacturing with a focus in the aerospace, defense and space markets. We are a leading electronics supplier that drives innovation into all we do, including design, prototyping, component sourcing, manufacturing, lifecycle management, FAA 145 and aftermarket product management. Our manufacturing solutions include circuit card assemblies, complex interconnect assemblies, complete integrated assemblies, cabinets and systems integration.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for identifying, pursuing, and capturing new business and growth opportunities for Ducommun's Electronics Systems Group, specifically harness and cable assemblies performed at our Joplin, MO and Berryville, AR performance centers.
• Seek out and target new customers and new sales opportunities; initiate action plans to approach and secure new business
• Work in collaboration with business development peers where opportunities are present to consolidate multiple product groupings
• Create and deploy customer/product penetration strategies for new accounts
• Assess market trends and competitors
• Develop alliances and relationships with clients and associated organizations designed to produce sales opportunities.
• Evaluates program trends and provides analysis with recommendations to management of must-win campaigns and opportunities.
• Meet or exceed annual sales revenue growth goals
• Prepare and deliver on articulated sales metrics including, but not limited to sales forecasts and revenue, account status reports, new business opportunities, competitive environment, and expense control
• Assist in the annual budget planning process and regularly monitor expenditures
• Grow and retain existing accounts by matching customer business needs with Ducommun Electronic Systems Group (ESG) solutions and monitor ongoing satisfaction
• Identification and support of key trade shows
• Formulates sales strategies, reviewing bids and terms of sale, and communication of the competitive environment for the assigned key customers to ensure that new opportunities are bid to generate profits at the targeted levels
• Development of tools and programs that enable and expand customer development activities
• Interpret and communicate customer requirements to enable development of services and operational capabilities to support new customers and business opportunities
• This role is expected to be onsite daily with the leadership team when not traveling or engaging with customers.
Skills & Qualifications
• Experience in sales and developing new business channels
• Strategic thinker with strong problem solving skills
• Strong people and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communiation skills
• Highly motivated, driven, and self-starter
• Organizational skills - prioritization, resource allocation, multi-tasking
• Interpersonal skills
• Abiltiy to influence and negotiate; conflict management skills
• Computer skills - Intermediate level in Microsoft Office and Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
1505 Maiden Lane
Joplin, Missouri, 64801