Physical Therapist - Home Care Olney
The Home Care Physical Therapist evaluates and develops treatment plans for patients of all ages, modifying the plan of care as appropriate. Serves as a role model in the delivery of professional services and as a clinical resource for staff and students. Hours may vary depending upon census and program need.
* Documents through comprehensive detail about patient visit, information is sufficient that following staff can determine exactly what and how care was rendered with a clear plan for the next contact.
* Educates and documents discharge planning prior to discharge, including communication with physician, insurance source, outpatient visits and community resources are planned and arranged if applicable. Patient is provided with discharge documentation.
* Updates goals promptly, ensures goals are closed as met or changed as patient condition progresses.
* Collaboratively communicates and initiates case conferencing as necessary and documents interactions (other disciplines, MD, care coordinator, insurers, etc.).
* Communicates the requirements for collaborative team and care givers, assignments with scheduler, prepare written instructions for the assistant and supervises the assistant in the patient home.
* Administers treatment involving application of physical agents such as heat, cold, light, water and electricity or traction and massage therapy.
* Evaluates, fits and adjusts prosthetic and orthotic devices and recommends modifications to the orthotist/prosthetist.
* Plans and administers prescribed physical therapy treatment programs for patients to restore function, relieve pain and prevent disability, injury or loss of body part.
* Performs patient assessment test, measurements and evaluations, such as: range of motion and manual muscle tests, gait and functional analyses, and body part measurements. Records and evaluates findings to aid in establishing or revising spe
$53k-114k yearly est.