Patient Access Representative I/II
Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium
SEARHC is a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. We see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement.
Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it's a fulfilling career. We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
POSITION MAY BE FILLED AT I OR II LEVEL DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE*
The Patient Access Representative greets patients and family members in a professional and courteous manner. Obtains and verifies demographic, financial, and insurance information during the registration process, accepts point of service payments or provides guidance for payment options, and clears the patient for service delivery.
* Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Mission, Core Values, and Vision in behaviors, practices, policies, and decisions.
* Maintains collaborative, team relationships with peers and colleagues to contribute to the working group's achievement of goals effectively, and to help foster a positive work environment.
* Protects confidentiality/privacy in verbal, written, and electronic forms of communication or information sharing.
* Raises concerns in appropriate manner and according to policy.
* Ensures that all demographic and insurance information is communicated and properly enter into the electronic health record to provide prompt and accurate billing.
* Collect and record patient identification into the Electronic Health Record including driver's license, social security card, or passport.
* Responsible for coordination of benefits when more than one insurance carrier is presented.
$35k-37k yearly est.