Quality Technician 3rd shift
Franke Foodservice Systems Americas, Inc.
Quality Technician Job in Fayetteville, TN
Quality Inspector is responsible for identifying non-standard conditions with equipment, assisting with corrective actions, and confirming that corrective actions are implemented. In addition, the Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for segregating defective units for in house rework and approving units for release to production. In addition, the Quality Inspector will be responsible for mating of subassemblies to final assemblies and assembling small parts. This position will be cross trained to support the Quality Receiving Inspector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
· Inspects all Fabricated Equipment to identify possible non-standard conditions (review welding, polishing, de-burring, and silicone as applicable for all equipment made in-house.
· Report all potential quality issues to the Quality Management and/or Production Management.
· Investigates quality discrepancies, interact in the corrective action process, and verify through inspection that the correction is implemented.
· Maintain a log of quality discrepancies by part number, description, quality issue, employee, and corrective action.
· Comparison of Equipment to the Bill of Material to ensure that all components are included with the unit and constructed correctly.
· Develop a knowledge and understanding of established quality policies, standard operating procedures, and regulatory requirements.
· Reading Blueprints and specifications to ensure that operators meet production standards.
· Conduct in-process and final inspection duties
· Accepting or rejecting finished products and discussing inspection results with the production team
· Write reports and document deficiencies and errors of product
· Inspecting and testing product
· Reliable attendance at job site is a must
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
— Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Production and Processing
— Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
Intermediate Language Skills -
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Basic Mathematical Skills -
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Intermediate Reasoning Skills -
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
High Reasoning Skills -
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Power Point and PBS.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school education or GED.
· Minimum of 1 year in a similar manufacturing operation preferred.
· Measuring Devices – variety (i.e., calipers, tapes, protractors, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
· Visual acuity (color, depth perception and field of vision)
· Seeing, Hearing, Talking, Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Grasping, Repetitive Motions, Use of Fingers, color vision
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions.
· Extreme Temperatures
· Loud Noise
· Hazards: Electrical, Burns
· Atmospheric Conditions: Fumes, Odors, Dusts, Gases, High frequencies
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY
Employee will follow all Environmental Health and Safety rules that are set forth by the company.
This job description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work to be performed. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities will be performed by the incumbent(s).
This job description also complies with the Corporate Regulations (Policies, Coordination Standards and Competence Regulations of the Group, Division and Location).
Company DescriptionFranke is a world leading provider of products and solutions for residential kitchens, professional foodservice and coffee preparation established in 40 countries. At Franke, we want to make everything we do wonderful - from what we manufacture and design, to the way we deal with our partners, customers and each other. Franke Foodservice Systems is the world’s leading provider of kitchen equipment, supplies and a broad range of services for leading restaurant chains. Serve up wonderful moments with our foodservice Systems.