Systems Analyst, Fin/Op - Systems Application Management - FT
Applications Systems Analyst Job in Tifton, GA
DEPARTMENT: SYSTEMS APPLICATION MANAGEMENT
FACILITY: Data Center
WORK TYPE: Full Time
Plans, designs, implements, maintains, and provides ongoing optimization and maintenance for Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and other related financial/operational applications. Participates and assist with workflow assessments, captures business needs, and analyzes internal systems to determine functional requirements. Possess financial/operational and application knowledge and experience. Works with supervision on cross-functional teams and with end-users to achieve application integration to meet financial/operational business unit needs. Participates with supervision in builds, upgrades, and system enhancements as needed. Manages applications through all phases of implementation with supervision. Delivers post-implementation training where not covered by department, troubleshooting, and maintenance with supervision. Uses knowledge to create ways to share knowledge and continuously promote awareness of advancements in related technology that meets the need of the Enterprise. The Systems Analyst I utilizes knowledge of business financial/operational practices/operations with knowledge of information systems to implement, maintain, and enhance Southwell applications.
* Acts with supervision from Financial Applications Manager or assigned System Analyst III on small to medium projects. Assists with project discovery.
* Participates in meetings with staff and leadership level resources to address and resolve system issues. Research recommendations for best practices or alternate solutions, reaching out to other organizations, community boards or peers for alternate solutions. Provides recommendations to Financial Applications Manager or assigned System Analyst III on the implications or availability of existing IT solutions that can be applied to a problem or need.
* Collaborates with other analysts to help identify, analyze, diagnose, and resolve application performance issues and assist with root cause analysis identification, documentation, and reporting for critical incidents.
* Acts as liaison to the software vendors and other users of the software. Is actively involved in software and/or functional user groups users.
* Works collaboratively with cross functional teams and business customers to analyze, diagnose, and implement process changes. Assist in the analysis of business needs, including cost versus benefits and workflow impacts, documents requirements and translates information gathered to functional, non-functional, and/or technical specifications. Assists with the development and coordination of project plans, test data, executes test plans, processes test results and supports deliverables.
* Prioritizes and addresses urgent tasks, demonstrates flexibility when priorities change. Monitors time and is responsible for completing tasks and deliverables within the given deadlines independently.
* Implements, with supervision, new systems, enhances and/or upgrades existing systems, system optimization, new feature/function implementation. Interviews customers, gathers requirements and workflow impacts, provides education on system functionality, and configuration of new tools to increase end user productivity within the application assigned.
* Performs limited systems analysis, design, configuration, and programming tasks related to enhancements, interfaces, data conversion and special reporting requirements, etc.
* Assists in maintaining standardized test scripts with system changes to keep test scripts current.
* Ensures system changes follow change management procedures and protocols.
* Updates management, customers, and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports.
* Receives, analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves routine, intermediate, and escalated requests via phone calls, emails and ManageEngine ticketing system. Identifies and resolves routine issues independently and intermediate to complex issues with assistance and supervision.
* Ensures ticketing SLA's are met per protocol and apprises management when SLA's are nearing violation and/or violated including the reason for violation.
* Participates in the development of business cases with Sr. System Analyst as assigned.
* Attends PMO training and begin utilizing PMO tools for assigned projects as directed by senior analysts.
* Participates in an on-call rotation.
* Responsible for organizational annual competencies as assigned by the organization.
* Completes training on assigned application(s) and prep for certification(s) as available.
* Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and facility regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
* Understands and adheres to compliance standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct, and Conflicts of Interest Policy.
* Demonstrates age-specific skills as required by position.
* Offers suggestions on ways to improve operations of department and reduce costs.
* Attends all mandatory education programs.
* Improves self-knowledge through voluntarily attending continuing education/certification classes.
* Maintains required competency levels as identified in written exams, skills checklists, skills labs, annual safety and health requirements as well as service excellence education hours requirements.
* Willing to cross-train in order to better assist co-workers and to provide maximum efficiency in department.
* Volunteers/participates on hospital committees, functions, and department projects.
* Manages resources effectively.
* Reports equipment in need of repair in order to extend life of equipment.
* Makes good use of time so as to not create needless overtime.
* Associate's Degree in Related Field
* Bachelors degree to be obtained within five (5) years of employment.
* One (1) to two (2) years of systems analysis experience, strong understanding of healthcare business process and technology preferred.
* Experience with Cerner Millennium preferred.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
* Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
* Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities and works with a variety of situations, individuals, groups, and varying customer needs.
* Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
* Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
* Basic computer skills
* Works together with others to achieve a common goal.
* Possess the ability to think clearly and rationally, understanding the logical connection between ideas.
* Provides excellent service to internal and external customers.
* Data analysis and reporting
* Data querying
* Database management
* Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
* Is reliable and trustworthy while performing work in a consistent and timely manner.
* Earns others' trust and respect through consistent honesty and transparency in all interactions.
* Correctly interprets and follows instructions.
* Infor Lawson
* Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement and makes an effort to acquire new knowledge or skills for work.
* Possess the technical knowledge necessary to safely and efficiently perform job.
* MS Office
* Conveys ideas and facts orally using language the audience will best understand.
* Manages time, energy and workspace well and is able to accomplish assigned tasks successfully.
* Phone skills
* Defines tasks and milestones to achieve objectives, while ensuring the optimal use of resources to achieve those objectives.
* Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
* Project management
* Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
* Does what he/she commits to doing.
* Identifies, collects, and organizes data for analysis and decision-making.
* Has ability to cope with and rise to inevitable challenges, problems and set-backs.
* Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them in order to get the job done.
* Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals.
* Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
* Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
* Ensures that work is complete and accurate and follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
* Helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity.
* Conveys ideas and facts in writing using language the reader will best understand.
Southwell/Tift Regional Health System, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.