New Castle, PA
The Corporate Controller is responsible for managing the daily operation of the corporate accounting functions and for completion of the Company's consolidated monthly financial close process under the general direction of the CFO. The Corporate Controller provides oversight and coordination of operating reports and statutory filings, establishes and maintains financial controls, assists with audits of company assets, performs accounting and financial analysis, and manages a small corporate staff. Additionally, the position will be a key contributor, in all respects, to the broader accounting organization as efforts are made to enhance and streamline financial reporting processes across all subsidiaries.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
* Competitive compensation with eligibility for Annual Bonus.
* 401(k) retirement plan with Employer Match and Discretionary Quarterly Basic Contributions.
* Affordable health care, dental and vision plans.
* Company paid Life, AD&D, and disability benefits.
* Wellness benefits including monthly wellness credits to offset your Employee Contribution towards monthly health care benefit.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
ELLWOOD desires its accounting team to operate on a collegial basis under the day-to-day leadership of its CFO. The Corporate Controller should possess a good, ongoing rapport with the division controllers and have a familiarity with the divisions' operations, making routine visits to the various plants to remain currently informed.
* These job functions are not intended to be all-encompassing. With EGI's lean workforce, team members may be required to perform other duties within or outside their departments (i.e. division support, etc.) at any time.
* Create a positive team environment and ensures the team provides accurate and timely financial information while fostering innovation and automation;
* Lead timely and accurate consolidated closing of monthly and annual financial reporting, working closely with the divisions to appropriately capture and record financial information and to ensure timely completion and review of account reconciliations;
* Consistent monitoring of the status of monthly close process and analysis of the balance sheet and income statement to ensure accuracy prior to reporting;
* Provide assistance and guidance to business unit accounting staffs as needed;
* Prepare timely and accurate reporting package, including balance sheet, cash flow, income statement and ancillary schedules for management, creditors, regulatory agencies and tax authorities;
* Oversee all corporate general ledgers, including journal entries, reconciliations, month-end close and other financial analysis as necessary;
* Prepares various tax schedules and returns, and coordinate with internal and external tax resources to ensure all divisional and corporate tax requirements are satisfied. Ensure that tax provisions and prepayments are accurately presented;
* Oversee and coordinate external audits, working closely with external auditors to develop efficient audit plans, ensuring timely coordination of requests and resolution of audit issues;
* Collaborate with the CFO to develop, implement and maintain accounting policies and internal controls and ensure company assets are adequately safeguarded;
* Coordinate and prepare the annual budget process;
* Maintain and improve control and integrity of the ERP system;
* Provide back-up support for other accounting functions, as needed; and
* Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, or business administration, with a concentration in accounting or finance;
* 8+ years of relevant experience in Accounting, preferably in a manufacturing environment, with increasing responsibilities;
* 3+ years supervisory experience in an accounting management function; and
* Preferred qualifications: CPA, CMA, or MBA.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Demonstrated and detailed understanding of accounting principles and strong financial management experience;
* Experience preparing consolidated monthly financial results and working with ERP systems;
* Ability to analyze and interpret technical accounting guidance;
* Integrity and ethics; ability to build trust; maintain confidentiality; and act as a trusted advisor at the highest level;
* Skilled navigation of a decentralized organization; ability to accommodate differences of opinion; consultation with stakeholders to develop and execute solutions with sustainable results;
* Effective and professional verbal and written communication regarding financial data;
* Business acumen, preferably in manufacturing markets, products, and services;
* Critical thinking and problem solving/analysis skills;
* Results-orientation with a strong desire to succeed; strong work ethic and sense of urgency;
* Strong leadership skills; ability to develop and coach others; and
* Ability to work outside of normal work hours and travel regionally and nationally, as needed.
Several ELLWOOD divisions are Federal Contractors and require all visitors to be a U.S. Citizen or hold a valid Green Card.
ELLWOOD Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.