Energy Engineer - East Coast
Trane Technologies Plc
Remote or Saint Paul, MN
At Trane Technologies we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including Trane and Thermo King - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
Trane is hiring an Energy Engineer for our Central Energy Services Project Development Team on the east coast. This position is classified as REMOTE within a geography. The geography is the East Coast of the United States as this position will support customers on the east coast and travel to those locations within this geography. The Energy Engineer will support the development and growth of regional offices capability by supporting the technical analysis, review, measurement, and verification of financially guaranteed projects, contracting solutions and utility programs. You will report to a Regional Energy Services Team Leader and be able to work from home or remotely in a hybrid capacity.
Key activities will include working with office team members on client and opportunity qualification, preliminary and detailed audit scope analysis, and assisting the team with energy and financial analysis results for equipment performance, performance contracts, complex turnkey and other contracting offerings.
The remainder of the Energy Engineer's time will be spent working with supported offices Project Developers in assisting with energy simulation models utilizing fundamental HVAC principals, and understanding utility business operations, and consultative, solution selling.
Essential Job Functions
* Provides technical analysis and review for energy projects; providing project risk assessment.
* Performs building "walk-throughs" and identifies energy conservation measures (e.g., architectural, mechanical, electrical) in commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities.
* Customizes software and spreadsheets to achieve desired technical results and presentations.
* Determines and proscribes best methods for measurement and verification of system performance during the acquisition phase. Coordinates with Measurement & Verification (M&V) Engineers for compliance with Trane and IPMVP M&V standards.
* Conducts TRACE 700 / 3D+ or eQuest models for additions or changes to the facility that affect existing guarantees or for optimizing existing control strategies.
* Assists Project Developers with design project layout (e.g., baseline information) in energy and utility accounting software.
* Analyzes data output for trends or any deviations that need further investigating.
* Develops and streamlines existing reporting capabilities from a software standpoint and a usability perspective and investigate new technologies.
* Prepares and reviews contract documents (e.g., scope, M&V protocols).
* Assists in the preparation of cost estimates for projects.
* Provides engineering direction and support to other team members.
* Provides conceptual or preliminary engineering design for projects including, but not limited to, basis of design, CAD drawings, and calculations.
* Reviews equipment submittals for incorporation into design.
* Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communication with staff, as needed, and providing customer feedback.
* Assist with opportunity technical qualification including Preliminary Audits, Benchmarking, Site Surveys, Investment Grade Audits, and Interviews
* Execute lean business process and practices for multiple comprehensive solution opportunities at the same time.
* Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Abilities
* Have the capability to discuss both technical concepts around HVACR and Controls, as well as, understand and converse at the business and strategic level
* Ability to interact with outside customers and office team members.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Perform other duties as assigned, often requiring output with short notice.
* Some travel with occasional overnight stays. (approximate 30%)
Education, Experience and Special Skills
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Energy, or related Engineering degree)
* Knowledge and experience with HVAC, Controls, electrical systems and proficiency with energy analysis tools such as TRACE and system analyzer preferred.
* Working knowledge of cost and savings studies incorporating energy conversation measures (ECM).
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, customers, and service personnel.
* An active Professional Engineering, Certified Energy Manager, Engineer In Training, or other technical certifications is preferred
* Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
* DUI in the previous 3 years
* Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
$66k-94k yearly est.