What Does An Enterprise Architect Do At General Electric
* In this role you will:* Contributes to the development of project and data deliveryplatforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across teams(multiple teams) that can be orchestrated together into different methods fordifferent businesses.* Identifies bottlenecks in current portfolio to redesign andrefine product based on load.* Define and implement infrastructure to ensureproduct meets its key performance indicator defined by stakeholders.* Perform deep level analysis of full platform stack (web andapplication tier) and recommend performance and security improvements.* Effectively monitor and control costs in the organization* Leads and coordinates the domain technical and businessdiscussions relative to future architect direction across multiple teams orcomplex product line.* Analyzes, designs and develops a roadmap and implementationplan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architectureviewpoint.* Reviews and/or analyzes and develops architectural at domainlevel and across multiple teams.* Participates in the EA business-wide and domain governancemodel.* Leads the research and evaluation of emerging technology,industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operationalsupport activities to for multiple teams or complex scenarios.* Provides leadership, technology guidance and mentors othersthroughout the domain
What Does An Enterprise Architect Do At Caterpillar, Inc.
* Responsibilities vary, but may includevarious combinations of the following duties.* Provides expert technical/business process support,including problem identification and resolution, integration of technicalsolutions and demonstrated ability to communicate future direction withleadership.* Leads and mentors team members on established developmentand support processes, including but not limited to Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC), Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) or relatedmethodologies.* Assesses or develops architectural approaches andsolutions, leads architectural reviews and recommends how to proceed with theapplications and/or infrastructure (replace, retire, maintain, etc.).* Leads and support to projects across multiple areas,including architecture planning, execution and delivery of commitments.* Leads advanced architecture design of integrated systems (e.g.hardware investments, application selection, new software development, datamodel, metadata structures, vendor solution, or significant configuration), acrosssite or regional projects and programs with high availability.* Is fullyaccountable for outcomes meeting business and technical expectations.* Leads technology evaluation and make recommendations to ISand business partners.* Develops and maintains current and planned statearchitecture blue prints and standards.* Leads Enterprise Technology and Application Rationalizationactivities.* Establishes and applies an enterprise-wide view tosolutions to support the adoption of standards and practices and promote reuseacross all lines of business.* Conductsanalysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potentialimpact on the Enterprise Architecture and provides direction to the Business onhow to leverage new technology, including influencing adoption.* Develops andaligns the IS roadmaps (e.g. upgrades, retirement, new technology, securitycompliance, etc.), with the IS and Business strategy.* Establishessystem performance targets and ensures architecture meets objectives (e.g.system performance, recovery point objectives, recovery time objectives).* Works with businesspartners to ensure global design is followed, ensure feasibility of proposedsolution, ensure collaboration with other team members on impacted areas,validate completeness of documentation and ensure appropriate performance andquality testing is followed.* Providesleadership to Architecture Review Committee including driving architecturereviews and ensures associated actions are completed.* Participates in ProjectReview Committee, initial project scoping and ensuring project managementoffice has required SDLC, ITSM, Architecture and security objectives in projectplans.* Stays currentwith industry trends and technologies (e.g. certifications, industry groups,etc.).* Participatesin hiring of senior technical resources including screening and assessingtechnical capabilities.* Mentorsfuture architect candidates including providing feedback to management as tocandidates readiness for increasingresponsibility and development opportunities* Participatesin accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department.* Progress toward accomplishment of these ismeasured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis ofassociated data.* Participates in theidentification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.* Understands theHarassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in allaspects of employment.* Qualifications
What Does An Enterprise Architect Do At Viva USA Inc.
* The Enterprise Architect works with a limited number of high-value enterprises and typically lead technology strategy across a broader team of cross functional resources within an enterprise account.* The Enterprise Architect partners with the product managers, owning the technical aspects of an engagement, and the corresponding executive relationships (e.g.* CTO, CIO, Architects, etc.).* In addition, the Enterprise Architect should have the ability to take on mentoring new members on the team or other groups based their area of depth and expertise.* We are looking for someone who is passionate about:* Engaging with C-level executives to define and execute on Enterprise cloud strategies. · Defining and executing on the technology strategy by engaging highly technical teams (other Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, Cloud professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners). · Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking Enterprise challenges. · Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility. · Establishing shared IT service centers for Cloud operations. · Soliciting feedback from Enterprise customers and influencing future iterations of our enterprise platform. · Assist with cost/benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases/total cost of ownership studies for migration. · Assist in defining product roadmaps and driving buy-in across complex organization structures
What Does An Enterprise Architect Do At Ultimate Software
* Translate business priorities into requirements for each Enterprise Architecture domain and develop the architecture roadmap.* Partner with business and technical teams develop optimal solution approaches to address business problems.* Work with business teams to develop and document current-sate and future-state business processes.* Propose architectural plans and strategies that focus on long-term growth and sustainability.* Create artifacts that document organizational assets, standards and frameworks.* Review solution architecture and evaluate opportunities to enhance business applications.* Develop architecture models demonstrating how data, applications and technology interoperate within the organization.* Research best practices and provide benchmarks against which the organization can compare its adoption and practice level.* Perform gap analysis to identify architecture inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement and strategic alignment.* Define and establish enterprise architecture principles, standards and guidelines, and procedures for architecture governance.* Ensure compliance and technical integrity by establishing processes to monitor compliance with architectural standards
What Does An Enterprise Architect Do At National Student Clearinghouse
* Develop technology roadmaps that advance customer experience, organizational excellence and brand growth.* Make recommendations regarding strategic architectural considerations related to technology direction and standards. * Investigate new technologies supporting including virtualization, systems, high availability, red/blue testing, telecommunications and cloud solutions.* Collaborate with the infrastructure and security teams to ensure proper networking strategies to protect the integrity of The Clearinghouse platforms. * Identify automation tools supporting rapid deployment and processes improvement.* Develop platform technology roadmap(s) supporting LaaS, SaaS, PaaS, custom and other technology platforms * Create strategies and designs for migrating applications to new technology platforms and services, i.e., modernize systems into Cloud compatible applications.* Work independently or in team to prototype solutions.* Adapt the architecture to evolving and changing security conditions and support security guidelines.* Develop technology standards and participates in the Architecture Review Board