The Storage Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of Enterprise Storage systems. Incident management, effective troubleshooting skills, and problem management with root cause resolution are critical requirements of a Storage Engineer. The position assumes full accountability along with the other members of the Storage team for delivery of services that meet all business requirements in a timely fashion. This position works closely with other IT teams, various business units as well as external vendors to design optimal storage solutions, identify storage needs, and guide the design and installation process.
* Be the subject matter expert (SME) for the storage team on all platforms
* Drive day to day operations and work plan allocation/management
* Participates in change control process for Epiq infrastructure changes
* Responsible for tasks including gathering requirements and assisting with design, recommendations of on-premises and cloud based storage
* Responsible for vendor escalations as required
* Provide technical procedure documents to make sure all admins follow the same process
* Create and validate new designs for system upgrades, new deployments or array reconfigurations while working with the team and corporate architects
* Provide input to a 3-5-year long term technology plan
* Drive service improvement programs. Ensure adherence to quality and security standards
* Participate in audit activities, provide documentation and maintain compliance
* Develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent storage provisioning, uptime and regulatory compliance
* Maintain partnerships and leverage market technologies associated with SAN vendors, product enhancements and product roadmaps to determine how they can be beneficially applied to the environment
* Participate in on call support rotation as required
Qualifications and Skills
* 10+ years' experience managing SAN and NAS storage systems in an enterprise environment
* 5 plus years of managing multi-petabytes NAS systems like Netapp and Isilon
* Experience with data replication, snapshots and storage virtualization technology
* Experience implementing hybrid cloud storage solutions within an enterprise environment
* Familiar with Software Defined storage and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions
* Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to solve complex issues
* Strong knowledge of industry standard IT processes and procedures including ITIL standards
* Experience provisioning to Highly Available systems (clustering, etc...)
* Able to communicate clearly with peers as well as management
* Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors and vendors; ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
* Technical ability to manage and design for multiple storage environments: NetApp, Dell Isilon, Powermax, IBM SVC, V7000, etc.
* Strong scripting skills in either Python or Windows Powershell
* Familiar with automation initiatives for storage creation, configuration and provisioning
* Experienced in Object Storage solutions
* Experienced in Cloud storage Options provided by major cloud provider like Azure and AWS
Client Focus- Engages with the clients, both internal and external, and their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback; appropriately meets client needs without jeopardizing business outcomes or results.
Results Oriented- Sets stretch goals for personal accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
Integrity - Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what he/she commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
Entrepreneurial Orientation - Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
Decisiveness - The ability to make well informed, effective, and timely decisions even when data is limited, or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; ability to make tough decisions.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq's policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual's race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.