With a focus on providing a great customer shopping experience, the night crew chief strive to meet store and night crew team goals; ordering, stocking and merchandising product for general department shelves, displays and merchandisers.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
* Directing night crew personnel, meeting general department's service level and merchandising goals and objectives.
* Communicating directly with the store director and merchandising manager.
* Ordering general department (grocery, non-foods, HBC, frozen foods and liquor) products necessary to maintain adequate stock levels.
* Stocking and merchandising general department products in accordance with sales and merchandising department standards.
* Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
* Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and always giving a genuine thank you.
* Unloading trailers, receiving merchandise, auditing received merchandise, breaking down, positioning cases of product in the warehouse, sales floor or walk-in cooler.
* Keeping shelves full and faced and building attractive floor, aisle and frontend displays.
* Understanding the importance of monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement and the proper use of product shelf tags and signage.
* Keeping clean neat and orderly work areas and warehouses, including well swept floors.
* Attentively stocking dated perishable products, rotating them as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
* Processing cash register transactions, inputting product costs, giving back change, processing checks, EBTs, WIC checks, refunds, product coupons and gift certificates.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 18 years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts mana