Team Lead, Technical Support
EVO Payments Inc. is a leading privately held payments processor and acquirer for merchants, independent sales organizations, financial institutions, government organizations and multinational corporations located throughout North America and Europe.
The Technical Support Team Lead is responsible for monitoring the phone queue, assisting the Technical Support staff as their first level support and resolving complex issues or escalations.
What you'll do:
* Answer calls, emails, internal work orders and escalation requests in an ACD call queue based setting and in accordance with service level expectations.
* Phone merchants, agents, partners, and other company related entities in accordance with policy and procedures.
* Maintain call queue awareness at all times and maintain adherence to call center operating guidelines as provided by management.
* Respond to, follow-up, and complete requested assignments in an effective and ongoing manner.
* Assist merchants with reconciling their processed transactions.
* Troubleshoot, configure and perform maintenance functions on POS terminals, peripheral equipment, POS applications and semi-integrated solutions according to set procedures.
* Maintain detail-oriented and customer-centered focus while troubleshooting POS related issues or working requests to ensure accurate and efficient maintenance of work. Make accuracy and quality a priority by double-checking work prior to completion.
* Work with all sales channels to provide ongoing technical support for merchants as defined by the product classification.
* Log interactions, which include calls, emails and maintenance queue, using detailed, specific and professional remarks in internal systems.
* Maintain thorough knowledge of supported systems, up to but not limited to POS downloader systems, third party portals and support/administration tools, front-end processing systems and proprietary internal systems.
* Attend trainings and complete on-line assessments to maintain a thorough knowledge of all processes, procedures and information that affect / impact the department and company as a whole, included but not limited to card industry regulations, interchange, dues and assessments, and PCI-DSS and PA-DSS compliance.
* Assist fellow team members with answers to questions and/or problem resolution via verbal or written communications.
* Work independently in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines even when under pressure.
* Identify and provide follow-up and timely resolution for all issues presented in the Technical Support work queue.
* Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned by management.
* Escalate issues, as necessary, to management on duty.
* Provide senior level support to merchants, Sales Partners and internal employees following up through full resolution.
* Lead by example by promoting and adhering to established processes, procedures and guidelines to effectively mentor team members.
* Provide creative solutions to problems to ensure customer satisfaction and productivity.
* Actively monitor call queues for proper coverage and engage representatives accordingly.
* Ensure the voicemail box, maintenance queue responsibilities and assigned projects to team members are completed within required timeframes.
* Share critical information with team and ensure procedural information is current and accurate.
* Provide feedback to Quality Assurance Analysts and Technical Support team members on the technical aspects of call reviews.
* Coach and assist fellow team members, as necessary, with troubleshooting issues on inbound and outbound calls.
* Work with internal and external Sales Partners, Resellers and Integrators to provide on-going support for all merchants, regardless of complexity.
* Follow established escalation procedures to report system, software and hardware issues and keep Client Services management informed.
* Act as escalation point between Technical Support, Sales, Product, Installation and File Build teams to ensure quick and accurate installation, training and support of merchants.
* Assist in updating technical support documentation to ensure technical support staff has the required information needed to perform their job.
* Continue to expand job knowledge by attending classroom training and completing on-line courses.
* Assume the role of departmental contact during supervisor/manager's absence, as requested.
* All applicants must pass a drug test, background check, and credit evaluation.
* Credit card experience in the acquiring or issuing industries preferred.
* Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Windows based programs required.
* High School diploma required.
* Minimum of 1 year of college or equivalent work experience preferred but not required.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a senior level, top tier, technical support or customer service help desk role required.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, wear a headset, look at a computer monitor and utilize a company approved keyboard required.
* Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed for support, training and/or conversions required.
* Ability to utilize effective time management skills; work effectively under pressure and set personal deadlines, while working with limited supervision required.
* Proficient skills in Internet Knowledge/Base navigation, telephone, facsimile, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment required.
* Experience with POS debit and credit terminal hardware and software preferred.
* Ability to adapt to frequent or unexpected changes in the work environment and be able to adjust approach or method to best fit the current situation required.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making skills required.
* Acceptable attendance and performance standards required.
* Satisfactory job performance in current position with no performance issues within last six (6) months required.
* Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats with peers and customers, internal and external.
* Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and projects, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
* Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and interact effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, partners, and vendors.
* Ability to resolve specific client issues under tight time constraints.
* Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays and overtime as needed.
* Ability to understand and maintain knowledge of relevant product offering, current support policies and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
* Ability to handle confidential material appropriately.
Why work for EVO?
* Learn from and grow with a worldwide payments industry leader
* Enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package: 401k with match, generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision coverage plus health savings accounts and much more
* Thrive in a collaborative culture that supports innovation
* Take advantage of a supportive work-life balance
* Benefit from global career opportunities and advancement
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee assigned to this position.
EVO is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any employee based on any legally-protected basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and transgender status, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by applicable federal, state or local law.