Project Manager Job in Monett, MO
Plan and execute all aspects of both internal and external customer support. Frequent contact with customers and/or sales reps is required. Respond to all contacts and coordinate tasks as required. This position requires excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Effective cross functional communication will be critical as this role will be required to collaborate across various teams within the organization - Factory Order, Estimating, Shop drawings, Shipping, Manufacturing, etc. in order to support the team and provide excellent customer service.
2. Document and track assigned projects through administrative, manufacturing, shipping, and installation until complete.
3. Maintain a professional relationship with sales representative, customer, subcontractors, architects, general contractors, testing facilities, and consultants/owners through all means of communication.
4. Coordinate with field service to coordinate repair means and methods and organize field service repairs as necessary.
5. Answer technical product questions, referring more in depth questions to the appropriate department.
6. Develop and maintain weekly resource schedules based on business needs, manage contact queues and adhere to support workload and provide recommendations when goals are not met.
7. Manage adds and deducts on assigned projects and ensure accuracy.
8. Initiate, review, and up-date weekly project logs and transmit weekly to subcontractor and customer/sales rep. Communicate job specific delivery and installation schedules for necessary project status updates.
9. Establish incoming sales orders in AS/400 and ensure accuracy as established by EFCO Corporation's standards and lead times per contract documents. Manage sales orders through project completion.
10. Participates in EFCO's Continuous Improvement efforts by understanding his/her team's performance and actively implementing and supporting process improvements.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (Direct Projects)
1. Manage End of Line Audits for quality through project tasks, manufacturing, deliver, and install.
2. Attend jobsite meetings and manage all field test mock-ups for operations.
3. Monitor accounts payable and receivable, collection, lien waver, etc. on assigned projects. Analyze material cost versus revenue, and exercise a high degree of professionalism to ensure both the customer's needs and the corporation's well-being are considered.
4. Create, coordinate, and manage all submittals through assigned projects.
5. Produce, send, and track (RFI) requests for information both internally and externally.
6. Provide installation and fabrication training of EFCO Company products to our customers.
7. Maintain Change Order Tracker which shows cost, profit, MAP code direction and approval status.
8. Initiate, review, and preparation of project specific ideas through business management and innovation.
9. Responsible for writing subcontracts if required.
10. Overnight travel is expected with this position. Travel fluctuates based on business needs and sometimes on short notice.
No supervisory required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in Construction or Project Management from four-year college or university; or 4 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
1. Strong knowledge of engineering procedures, product application and design, production and finish processes contract estimating procedures, as well as the ability to read shop drawings.
2. Time management, organization, and planning.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills
4. Confidentiality of customers and organization.
5. Understand contracts and their implications.
6. Ability to field measure projects (Direct Projects).
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Word, Excel, AS400, CAD, and Power Point,
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in some of the work environment is usually loud. However, the majority of the time for this position is spent in an office environment
The employee selected for this position will be on an introductory period during which time his/her performance will be evaluated. If during this time it is determined that the employee cannot successfully fulfill the requirements of this position, every attempt will be made to return the employee to his/her previous job assignment, if it has not already been filled by another employee.
We may conduct an internal and external search simultaneously, to select the most qualified candidate.
EFCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Apogee and our brands are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.