What Does An Extrusion Operator Do At Kelly Services
* Follow all Process Instructions, Specification Boards, SOP s, DOP s, Quality Policy and other related documents* Identify/communicate equipment/setup issues and provide status updates to Engineers/Supervisor/Peers.* Prepare resins per Mix Resin procedure.* Calibrate transducers and start purging the extruder.* Maintain 5s and utilize all lean tools.* Machine breakdowns and set ups* Operate all burn room equipment and hand tools.* Assemble parts and have quick change die carts ready for break downs.* Make sure crosshead, extrusion line, and all equipment are aligned and straight.* Operate the ultrasonic cleaner system and subsequent filter cleaning.* Bubble test filters, bag and tag them, update filter inventory data base, and bubble point data base.* Tooling set-up* Define suitable tooling for extrusion requisition per DDR or DDB.* Select correct filters for runs.* Inspect damaged pin and dies.* Remove damaged tooling from inventory.* Assemble bullets and hypo-tubes to make extruder pins.* Keep pin and die cart current with the availability board.* Inventory control of tools and equipment.* Clean and polish tooling, screws and extruder parts.* Inspect extruder parts for wear.* Assure the equipment is being handled properly at all times.* Understand and follow department procedures and quality policies.* Maintain an expected level of attendance and teamwork
What Does An Extrusion Operator Do At Mohawk Industries
* Threads yarn position.* Doffs to keep yarns ends and tails intact and away from winder components.* Removes yarn wraps from rollers.* Manually positions yarn ends dropped from spin packs/chimney.* Manually removes cones and tubes as required to facilitate continuous machine processing.* Stays informed of applicable OSHA and company guidelines and operating procedures, and proactively identifies unsafe working, building, and other environmental conditions to management and/or appropriate department for resolution.* Ensures compliance to all company and regulatory safety and environmental guidelines and practices to include wearing the appropriate safety garments, using the appropriate tools and equipments, and exercising the required safety behaviors for the task at hand.* Performs other duties as required
What Does An Extrusion Operator Do At Berry Global Inc.
* Follow all Standard Operating Procedure (ISO Documentation) to insure all production meets proper specifications.* Set-up, troubleshoot and perform proper adjustments to the cast and/or blown extrusion lines to maintain safety, quality and productivity standards.* Keep accurate records for all designated data entry requirements.* Perform required quality checks, recording information and maintaining overall quality of product.* Maintain clean, safe work area, by being efficient, neat and organized ( 5S ).* Perform other tasks as directed by supervisor and/or production specialist.* Communicate and work effectively and positively with all co-workers
What Does An Extrusion Operator Do At Pactiv
* _* To perform this job successfully, an individual is expected to perform each essential function satisfactorily.* Learn to operate two extruders, processing raw material into rolled sheet.* Learn to make process and machine adjustments that produce quality rolled sheet* Use simple measurement instruments to verify quality specification are being met during the process* Use machine readings to verify quality specification are being met during the process* Accurately complete daily production documentation.* Clean and inspect machine as needed at each roll change.* Operate and make minor process adjustments to ensure product quality and process stability.* Notify Supervisor or Extrusion Lead of the need for more complex machine adjustments.* Perform Operator level preventive maintenance (PM).* Perform process PM (i.e., clean chromed rollers, clean die lip, change screens, etc.)* Effectively communicate with crew members sharing information to ensure team is working toward production goals.* Help install dies, mandrels, containers, heating coils, press tools, extrusion heads, and runout bridging in press using hand tools.* Identify and report basic equipment issues to the Maintenance Department in accordance to current policies.* Accurately complete daily production line documentation.* Help with machine repairs as needed.* Tape and position roll stands as needed.* Accurately print and apply product labels.* Fill in for other extrusion employees, for relief periods.* Support Pactiv’s Good Manufacturing Program (GMP).* Work safely and help keep work area clean and free from product contamination.* Product Safety_* Pactiv makes every effort to ensure product conformity at each manufacturing step while maintaining a safe production environment for manufacturing of food contact packaging products.* To ensure product safety, this position will:* Adhere to Pactiv’s GMP requirements* Identify product and/or situations that risk product contamination* Identify product and/or situations that violate cleaning and pest control requirements* Help perform “change overs” according to established practices and routines* Report equipment needing repair to supervision and avoid temporary repairs* Make sure that any recent maintenance work was cleaned up and does not pose any risk to product* Visually inspect raw materials for contamination* Inform quality regarding nonconforming product so it can be segregated* Make certain that no glass is brought into the facility* Not store product or production equipment directly on the floor* Only place goods in approved containers* Not use PACTIV containers for storing miscellaneous items* Practice good hygiene and not eat, drink (water in plastic bottles is allowed) or use tobacco except in designated areas* Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.* All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by
What Does An Extrusion Operator Do At Shaw Industries Inc.
* Work safely and follow all safety rules and procedures.* Monitor and periodically inspect panels.* Twice per shift completely fill out the quality audit section on the panel performance sheet form.* String panels per procedure.* Doff, label and dress packages per procedure.* Grade and dispense of packages per procedure.* Clean, change and test AET jets per procedure.* Operate sonic cleaner per procedure.* Clean panels downstairs.* Complete assigned routine housekeeping duties.* Keep supplies at panels as needed.* Keep assigned panels, doors and finish pans clean.* Pull routine merge ability samples as needed.* Rewind duties.* Pull lab samples.* Operate pack-out per procedure.* Box scale verification per procedure.* Manage soft waste.* Be very proficient at doffing, grading and panel stringing.* Know parts of a panel and their functions.* Be able to remove and clean lube rolls and trays.* Make up MCJ screens per procedure as necessary.* Keep adequate amount of clean and ready to use YBD's in the area.* Communicate with upstairs operator to reduce excessive waste.* On breakouts remove wrap from rolls, wheels and guides.* If needed, check for defects with rolls, wheels, guides, winders or aspirators.* If maintenance is needed, inform the patroller of any delays and have them take up position.* Wait until the panel is ready to restring before calling the upstairs operator to drop the position.* Follow proper LOTO procedures when changing or removing wheels, finish rolls and when entering a winder.* Prepare returnable trays and pallets for proper credit per procedure.* Complete required safety audit sheets.* Encourage others to work safely