Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
Who We Are
Doing now what patients need next. A pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care (RDC) is committed to helping people with diabetes everywhere in the world think less about their daily diabetes routine, so they can get true relief, day and night. We offer a broad portfolio of solutions for both people with diabetes and their professionals - from blood glucose monitoring to information management to insulin delivery to continuous glucose monitoring. Our aim is to offer innovative products, services and comprehensive solutions for convenient, efficient and effective diabetes management.
We are strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to build teams that represent a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Embracing diversity enables us to create a great place to work and to innovate for patients.
We aim to further shape and advance the way diabetes is treated by leveraging our integrated Personalised Diabetes Management approach (iPDM) - a holistic, patient-centric concept to diabetes management that includes connected devices, services, and digital solutions in an open ecosystem which will contribute to limiting the progression of the disease, and improving outcomes thus eventually promoting healthcare system sustainability. In order to do so, we are continuously refining our internal structures and processes to best serve evolving customer and market demand in a seamless and agile way. This enables us to deliver on our commitment to augment access to the most innovative iPDM solutions tailored to the needs of people with diabetes, their caregivers, and healthcare systems - today and in the future.
As Compliance & Business Sustainability Officer, Roche Diabetes Care Cluster Central and Eastern Europe (C&BS Officer), you will play a key role in shaping and implementing relevant aspects of the iPDM Strategy and thereby contribute to the overall Diabetes Care Vision at Roche.
Job Facts & Responsibilities
As C&BS Officer, you will contribute to the RDC vision and enable RDC strategy, by designing, managing, overseeing and handling the implementation of a fit for purpose Compliance Program in the Cluster, proactively supporting the local RDC team and co-creating compliant and sustainable solutions and governance model. You will belong to the RDC Compliance & Business Sustainability Chapter (the Chapter) and will contribute to designing and driving effective implementation of the RDC Compliance Program. You will effectively foster and further strengthen a culture of integrity across RDC.
You will execute a role of a local Compliance Officer for selected RDC affiliates being part of the Cluster, i.e. Poland and Russia.
In your responsibility you will be closely cooperating with another C&BS Officer dedicated to the Cluster.
To maintain your independence and autonomy in your responsibilities, at the same time ensuring early inclusion in business conversations, a deep and timely understanding of the activities and strategic advice for key business decisions in the country:
* you will report directly to the Roche DC Head of Compliance & Business Sustainability and be a member of RDC Compliance & Business Sustainability Enabling Team (the Enabling Team);
* you will have a dotted reporting line to the Cluster Head of Roche Diabetes Care Cluster Central and Eastern Europe and will be a member of the Cluster Enabling Team.
Your responsibilities will fall into the main areas listed below:
* Enabling the RDC strategy by contributing to defining strategic directions, framework, and priorities in compliance & business sustainability with the Enabling Team and respective execution in the Cluster
* Maintaining a thorough understanding of, and keeping abreast of developments in, local healthcare laws, regulations and industry codes, as well as Roche internal rules and guidelines, in order to keep the RDC global and local compliance programs updated, modern and enabling the new market opportunities
* Co-creating and implementing RDC and Cluster specific compliance & business sustainability priorities and initiatives, and monitoring performance to evaluate regularly the impact
* Understanding the value of diversity in the workplace and fostering an inclusive culture across RDC
* Co-leading a Cluster Compliance Committee and driving an effective communication around compliance and business sustainability as a competitive advantage
* Deploying and overseeing risk and opportunities assessment, defining action plan, implementing controls, and risk mitigation activities in the Cluster (including periodical gap analysis, finding areas of continuous improvement of a compliance program effectiveness)
* Identifying a need for, drafting, regularly revising / updating and effectively implementing all Compliance & Business Sustainability related policies and processes, contributing to an overall governance model of a country organization
* Developing and driving the implementation of a strategic and modern training program for the Cluster organization (as well as external business partners), aimed at impacting mindset, behavior and driving ownership of compliance and business sustainability by all employees
* Developing and driving the implementation of a risk-based compliance monitoring, aiming at continuous learning and improvement of compliance program and culture of integrity
* Identifying and capturing opportunities to support data driven business decisions
* Supporting internal/external audits/inspections in the Cluster, reviewing their results to determine corrective and preventive actions (CAPA), and working cross-functionally to ensure timely and efficient completion of CAPA
* Driving organizational awareness about Speak-up culture and respective channels, responding promptly to and investigating allegations of noncompliance behavior and supporting the determination and implementation of disciplinary and corrective measures
* Overseeing and handling effective risk-based business partner management program in a Cluster and ensuring corporate defense
* Accountability for any country organization being part of the Cluster mandatory disclosures and/or transparency initiatives
* Taking an active role in shaping the Cluster healthcare compliance environment, by engaging with external partners / industry associations, to ensure RDC interests are represented and new trends are brought to the Chapter
* Contributing pro-actively to one Roche approach - both at a Cluster and RDC level - to leverage synergies, simplify and ensure standardization across Roche
* Contributing pro-actively to a fully integrated self-organized Chapter, by driving new ways of working, agility mindset and behaviors supporting effective collaboration
You will lead by fostering an agile mindset and ways of working applying agile principles with a focus on continued market impact increase. You will collaborate closely with the country organizations and emphasize cross-functional collaboration, create new and leverage existing networks across the entire enterprise to drive collaborative success.
You are also responsible for building, and providing effective line-leadership for your team. Leading in a manner that is consistent with the Roche Values and leadership capabilities within the Creative Leadership and the VACC (Visionary, Architect, Catalyst, Coach) framework and more broadly if required, to ensure individuals and teams are developing and growing in line with their passion and the needs of the Organization
You are an inspirational leader who can create a compelling vision where diverse disciplines can align; develop to pursue the organizations North Star.
You act as a guardian for high standards of compliance, ethics and safety; putting patients at the center of all actions by consistent business behavior that complies with applicable laws, industry codes and Roche's Code of Conduct.
You are accountable for fostering a culture where every individual, across the organization, is able to bring his or her whole self & passion to work.
Who You Are
We are looking for a passionate and decisive business leader. You demonstrate energy, passion, courage, vision and the drive to be part of an organization at the forefront of the industry, delivering benefits for patients, our people, and our business. Moreover, you bring:
* Proficiency in compliance management
* Prior experience in developing and deploying a company-wide compliance program
* Proven business experience in healthcare (experience in diabetes care sector and / or digital health is an asset)
* "Can-do" attitude, embracing business thinking and ideas, hands-on approach
* Ability to establish common ground with stakeholders, balancing out conflicting interests and reaching consensus
* Enterprise mindset that can break down silos
* The ability to bring people together to work towards the same purpose across organization boundaries, you thrive on collaboration
* A clear commitment to people development and effective coaching and mentoring, promoting a culture of trust, transparency and support
* A good sense for pragmatism in approach
* Ability to manage complexity through quick understanding and analysis of facts and situations
* Excellent active listening skills, fostering open communication and speak-up culture
* Fluency in English (Polish or Russian are an asset)
Enterprise mindset that can break down silos. You thrive on collaboration, ability to bring people together to work towards the same purpose across organization boundaries and possess an "entrepreneurial" mindset with a willingness to take risks and learn.
We@RocheDiabetesCare is the mindset and culture we as Diabetes colleagues strive to adopt to help achieve our vision and realize our strategy.
You will be expected to demonstrate We@RocheDiabetesCare dimensions and help evolve the functions culture beliefs and bring We@RocheDiabetesCare to life, as part of the iPDM Strategy Implementation.
Location: Moscow, RU / Warsaw, PL / Vienna, AT/Basel, CH / Rotkreuz, CH. (At the Company's discretion, an exception to the location requirement could be made under extraordinary circumstances.)
As we are currently exploring geographic flexibility within our new operating model, we encourage you not to let the location define your decision to apply.
Roche is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to build teams that represent a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Embracing diversity enables us to create a great place to work and to innovate for patients.