What Does A Facilities Planner Do At The Boeing Company
* Conduct space management including Use & Occupancy tracking and reporting, perform drawing management using CAD and other services, support short- and long-term business goals by conducting tactical planning activities.* Use business plans and projections to forecast use, occupancy, building utilization, space allocation and budgets to manage real property assets and site cost allocations; assist with creating short- and/or long-term facilities plans to meet specific customer and organizational needs.* Study current conditions and future requirements to develop plans for facility use; and assisting projects to support organizational initiatives and facility requirements; communicating with stakeholders to present recommendations, proposals and solutions.* Meet with customers to define requirements and collect data for projects.* Identifies acceptable options with customer to clarify needs and develop the preliminary scope of work in order to meet the customer's requirements.* Provide data for cost estimates and with assistance, evaluate vendor proposals for projects.* Negotiate options with customer to select the best solution for customer and company.* Provide direction to teammates and contracted support staff on projects, ensure completion and retention of project records by following the standard operating procedure for closure and update of appropriate documents, forms, permits, work management systems, and as-built drawings.* Ensure comprehensive closeout and retention of project and contract files to provide an audit trail for Records Retention, Internal Audit, Internal Revenue Service, Property Accounting, Legal, and Facilities.* Work with third-party provider for facility support services, review select work requests to ensure facility standards are applied, advise contracted service provider when required on how to respond to service requests.* Oversee contracted service provider in the execution of small projects and moves, advise and assist in resolution of issues that may arise.* Provide operational business support to include, but not limited to the following; Assist in the development and integration of programs, plans, strategies and processes to meet business goals of an organization.* Meet with leadership and others to collect, organize, assemble, and report data from multiple sources according to established processes within a management system.* Update and maintain Boeing SharePoint applications and share drives used to report and manage an organization’s business processes.* Support the Houston and remote Facility and Asset websites to ensure service request links are maintained and information provided is current.* Coordinate updates to website content through company IT resources.* Attend meetings and process councils on behalf of an organization and ensures follow-up actions are completed.* May act as a facilitator for groups supporting short- and long-term objectives of an organization.* Develop and produces presentations for use at staff and leadership levels utilizing PowerPoint and other software.* Develop, coordinate, and assess meeting review/architecture, meetings, and leadership briefings, working with leadership to determine the purpose and content of each.* May assist in events and plans to increase employee satisfaction, morale, and employee involvements, including employee survey analysis and action plans, All Hands meetings, staff meetings and creation and maintenance of the website.* Perform routine, recurring bookkeeping activities for the collection, processing, and recording of accounts payable and accounts receivable.* Review charge line information and allowability and coordinates closely with finance and accounting teams, suppliers and other employees to perform basic reconciliations and assist with resolving discrepancies.* Collect, organize and provide data to established processes within the management system to maintain status of programs, customer and supplier commitments and compliance.* Support the coordination of data and clarify the analysis with business partners to validate results and determine scope of operations to meet long range business goals and develop business case.* Support the coordination, with guidance, of the project and / or operations commitments with internal and external organizations to fulfill strategies.* With supervision, collect and log accurate information, run standard reports, and maintain records per record retention guidelines.* Refer to policies, procedures and practices for guidance.* Recommend solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.* Products are reviewed for sound judgment and overall adequate and accuracy.* Contribute to the completion of organizational projects and goals.* Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems.* We are engineers and technicians.* Skilled scientists and thinkers.* Bold innovators and dreamers.* Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.* Typical Education / Experience* Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.* Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.* Basic Qualifications (Required)* Experience working with AutoCad* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint* Experience communicating and working with customers across various work functions* Experience developing and tracking project budgets while accounting for different accounting / budgetary sources* Preferred Qualifications* Experience with long range planning activities, including headcount and space projections* Experience managing consolidations and/or expansion projects* Experience engaging with executive leadership
What Does A Facilities Planner Do At Navy Exchange Services (NEX)
* Identifies and develops thorough project scopes, including narrative descriptions, site plans, conceptual floor plans, locator maps, business proposals, return on investment projections, cost estimates, demographic and statistical information, equipment schedules and other documentary materials, to fully explain and support project submissions to major claimants, base commands, NEXCOM/MWR board of directors, NAVFACENGCOM and/or PWC organizations, in active partnership with regional Navy Exchange, Navy Lodge and MWR activities.* Assures interface with base master plans, major claimant priorities, and five-year plans for government installations, as well as NEXCEN business strategies.* Determines extent and type of facilities improvements required to increase sales and/or reduce expenses in regional activities, including structural upgrades and renovations for both major (over $200K) and minor (under $200K) projects, as well as major (over $1K per unit) and minor (non-fixed asset) equipment (repairs, replacements, new requirements).* Establishes time lines, flow charts and plans of action, to aggressively initiate, follow-through and complete facility improvement projects in the most expedient and cost effective methods.* Represents the NEXCEN/NEX in negotiations with commercial architectural and engineering firms, contractors and PWC elements, establishes inspection surveillance schedules and critical inspection points that are based on contract clauses and conditions contractor work schedules and nature of work to be performed.* Develops computerized, management information reports and analyses, e.g., project phasing charts, financial and statistical trends, schedule and funding updates, progress reports, and other material relevant to major claimants, base commands, NEXCOM, NEXCEN, NEX, MWR and Navy Lodge interests.* Ensures all facilities plans conform to applicable base master plans; site approvals; building, electrical, life safety, fire suppression, fire protection, sanitation, plumbing, HVAC and safety codes; environmental regulations; energy conservation initiatives; NEXCOM, NEXCEN and MWR business strategies
What Does A Facilities Planner Do At Gemini Industries Inc.
* Develop and complete planning documentation in accordance with the CG Field Planning Manual and the DD Form 1391 Planning Process for shore facilities acquisition, construction, or modification in support of CG missions.* Prepare documents to include but not limited to: Problem Statements (PS), Planning Proposals (PP), and Execution Proposals (EP).* Determine project objectives, planning factors, and project planning schedule with key milestones, and the critical path identified.* Coordinate and assemble project Planning Factors and Stakeholder Criteria.* Coordinate Real Property and Environmental actions in support of planning efforts with the direct support of the on-staff environmental specialist and others.* Develop and coordinate schematic layouts and elevations, site plans, utility systems components, geotechnical data, economical analysis, space utilization studies, business case analyses, life-cycle-cost analyses, and mission requirements.* Assemble and assess viable and non-viable alternatives by providing detailed supporting rational in narrative and graphic form, resulting in the selection of a recommended course of action.* Plan projects to include but not limited to: Fast Response Cutter (FRC) facilities; C* aircraft facilities; C* J aircraft facilities, Offshore Patrol Cutter (OPC) facilities; new unit(s) establishment facilities; existing shore facilities recapitalization.* Site Planning Support:* Develop space utilization studies, basic facilities requirements, and facility use investigations as decision making tools for personnel and resource allocation.* Investigate sites to determine feasibility of proposed new construction projects, topography, and site data for additions or renovations, environmental impact, condition assessments of existing structures, and other pertinent data.* Stakeholder Liaison* Coordinate with the CG Headquarters, SILC, Facilities Design and Construction Center (FDCC), District Planners, and local operational stakeholders.* Engage with Federal, State, and local partners; specifically Department of Defense (DoD) agencies for collocation of operational facilities and the General Services Administration (GSA) for acquisition of Federal and commercial facilities.* Facilitate meetings, preparation and delivery of high-level formal presentations.* Economic Analysis and Budget Support* Develop capital improvement cost estimates, life cycle cost analysis, total ownership cost analysis, and lease cost estimates in support of project design, construction, and execution.* Establish budget tracking system for managed projects.* Assist with preparing annual project budget submissions for the prioritized shore facilities requirements list (Prioritized SFRL) and Centralized Planning Project Prioritization Board
What Does A Facilities Planner Do At Cleveland Clinic
* Assesses facility and space requests; working with users to establish functional and space requirements and preparing plans for development.* Performs space planning for clinical, administrative and support areas; including re-arrangement or renovation of existing space or new construction.* Works with the requesting department's designated staff and other CC facility users (e.g., environmental services, security) to determine space, functional needs, equipment, and utility requirements.* Prepares and presents information including projects, design standards, trends and special studies to various individuals and groups within and outside of the Clinic.* Reviews work of consulting planners, architects and engineers.* Develops CC facility planning processes, space and design standards, post occupancy evaluations, and other means and/or metrics to advance CC planning and design capability.* Develops conceptual schematic architectural plan and program for projects Prepares Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings and revisions.* Other duties as assigned
What Does A Facilities Planner Do At PDS Tech Inc.
* Assists in compiling data from headcount projections and business plans to enable more experienced planners to forecast use and occupancy allocation, capital and expense budgets, building utilization and density for the purpose of managing real property assets and site cost allocations.* Under general supervision, coordinates projects with limited scope and complexity.* Supports projects through use of established project management tools (e.g., web-based tools, procedures).* Assists more experienced planners in preparation, organization, and presentation of information.* Interacts with facilities management and customers for approval of conceptual plans, and participates in minor conflict resolution.* Interfaces with the tenant to validate space utilization data (e.g., correct budget, use code categories).* Updates use and occupancy tracking system for the purpose of identifying cost and space allocation to the tenant.* Supports business initiatives and team activities for the purpose of enhancing operational efficiency, product quality, service delivery, and asset utilization (e.g., lean office and manufacturing, special requests), gaining familiarity with the customer''s vision and organization.* Participates in site facilities studies for the purpose of assisting the business decision making process in response to Company and organization initiatives (e.g., asset utilization, production rate plans, business plans).* Assists in gathering and analyzing data regarding current conditions and future requirements, works with both internal and external organizations under the guidance of a more experienced planner.* Creates short-range facilities plans of limited scope and complexity (e.g., site, office, manufacturing, lab, warehouse) by identifying and developing facilities options to satisfy project objectives (e.g., cost, schedule, location, conceptual layout, process/people flow) by working with the stakeholders and with more experienced planners in order to create the best value for the customer and the company.* Bachelor's degree and typically 3 or more years’ related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 1 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.* Must have experience in AutoCAD and Archibus.* All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected