Shop Mechanic Lead - Victoria, TX
Shop Mechanic Job in Runge, TX
: Shop Supervisor
In addition to assigned shop duties, is responsible for training, assigning, monitoring, checking and coordinating work of assigned team. Assists Shop Manager with scheduling and executing work and troubleshooting work of other staff. Considered a technical expert who can work independently with limited technical oversight.
- Maintains a safe and well-organized work environment.
- Perform Major Maintenance (MM) and Overhauls alone or as part of a team.
- Completes and submits required documentation in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Organizes and schedules manpower to shop jobs based on customer and delivery demand.
- Reports to management work progress and potential delays.
- Researches and orders parts needed for maintenance or discovery items found during inspections.
Performs other duties as assigned.
All employees shall be in compliance with the Archrock Health Safety and Environmental Policy and local, statutory and/or regulatory requirements at all times.
Skills and Abilities:
- Perform all essential duties.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, to oversee activities of assigned team and to assist with the assessment of skills and performance, identification, prioritization, and resolution of problems.
- Effectively interact with internal and external contacts using strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Fill in for the Shop Supervisor.
- Demonstrate advanced diagnostic and repair skills on multiple types of equipment.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) to standard with no help.
- Lead a team performing Major Maintenance (MM), Overhaul and projects to standard with limited to no assistance.
- Perform compressor calculations if required.
- Read, write and speak English (work orders, manuals, etc.).
- Model all health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Use computer skills, including vendor specific programs, Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Lead by example by completing and submitting company required documentation in an accurate, thorough and timely fashion and following standard protocols.
- Thorough knowledge of gas engines and compressors, electrical systems, panel boards, skid wiring, etc., through advanced training or performance verification.
- Knowledge of new technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant HSE procedures and regulations.
- Fully understands all processes and systems on how a compressor works.
Minimum Education and Certification:
- Preferred - High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred - Gas or diesel engine and compressor school / training.
- Typically at least 8 years' experience.
- Large and small horsepower (HP) experience required.
- Demonstrated history of successful and safe service experience.
- Frequently leads, monitors and checks work of at least 3 technicians.
- Trains team members to improve skill, productivity, safety, quality and processes.
- Gives input for hire, fire, and job changes.
- Gives input for performance review, discipline and issues.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Must be fit for duty for the job tasks being performed.
- Refer to WorkSaver Systems Critical Demands for full details.
- Must meet the medical requirements necessary to wear PPE required by role.
- Constantly required to stand, display good manual dexterity and to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to walk with good balance.
- Regularly required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds and to push and pull up to 110 pounds.
- Occasionally required to stoop, twist, kneel, and squat.
- Occasionally required to crawl, climb in and around equipment, stairs and slanted ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Problem Solving and Innovation:
- Requires no help and covers most difficult situations for assigned shop operations.
- Provides solutions to a diverse scope and range of technical, operational and people problems.
- Solutions frequently require evaluation of variable factors, new approaches, planning and resourcefulness.
- Expected to regularly identify opportunities and to provide ideas, methods and innovations to enhance teamwork, efficiency and quality within the scope of role.
- Actions and decisions impact operational, and financial, results of assigned bay areas.
- Accountable for team's HSE performance, service quality, and customer satisfaction.
- No budget responsibilities, but is expected to be aware of decisions that impact the budget in assigned area and how to impact positively.
- Recommends overtime.
This job description is a summary of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks, as assigned by supervisor, regardless of job title or routine job duties.