Well Respected Food Manufacturer
Plant Manager Job in Wareham, MA
Must have food manufacturing experience
The Plant manager directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, processing, maintenance, human resources, sanitation, accounting, materials management, continuous improvement, and other requirements necessary for the successful operations of the plant. Assures quality and safety while achieving established objectives and profitability.
You will directly supervise 6-8 managers who supervise a team of supervisors and/or employees in their respective departments. There are approximately 190 people in this plant. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and results of the plant. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, appraising, and terminating employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints/grievances and resolving problems.
Wareham will always be “the Gateway to the Cape” based solely on geography. But it is so much more…
Live near the Cape without the Cape prices!
• Engages the leadership team and the entire workforce to maximize productivity and job satisfaction. Leads by organizational operating principles, ultimately defining the culture and level of engagement at the plant location.
• Coordinates plant activities through planning and communication to ensure the objectives of the total operation are accomplished.
• Develops and executes all plans, budgets, and profits with a customer focus and business mindset.
• Implements cost-effective control systems over capital assets, operating expenditures, and labor costs.
• Maintains plant standards for cleanliness, productivity, and maintenance. Maintains existing plant facilities and equipment; recommends replacement or adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
• Ensures compliance with quality, food safety, 5S, OSHA, and HACCP support programs. Assures conformity to all company, customer, and government standards. Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and company policies.
• BA/BS degree in a related field
• Background in manufacturing methods, quality control, and process improvement programs, preferably in a food-related industry (Baking industry experience is desirable)
• Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements
• Experience in warehouse and maintenance/mechanical fields
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
• Proven ability to drive results through key operational metrics
• Ability to appropriately set the course, mobilize talent, and run the business
• Operational excellence mindset