National Space Program (NSP) Program Coordinator
The Mitre Corporation
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us.
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity to make program-wide impacts?
The N413 Space Department is looking for an outgoing, organized, and proactive performer who has the ability to learn, execute and improve knowledge management and quality assurance processes as the MITRE National Space Program (NSP) Program Coordinator. We invite you to discover how your unique combination of strengths and experiences can benefit our work program.
As the NSP Program Coordinator, you will provide vital operational, administrative, and communications functions that create efficiencies and ensure smooth operations of the NSP Program. In doing so, you will work closely with the NSP Management Team (NSP Department Managers, Chief Engineers, and Project Leaders) as well as key sponsor staff (Contracting Officer's Technical Representatives, Security, etc). You will work independently within established procedures and practices, determining improvements to processes and methods as applicable. The work location is MITRE secure facilities in the Chantilly VA area.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
* Manage NSP Special Program Access Requests (SPARs) from beginning to end, obtain sponsor and MITRE approvals, and monitor timeliness (or bottlenecks) of entire process. Provide PLs status updates throughout the SPAR/clearance process.
* Interface with the sponsor network to submit actions for incoming MITRE NSP staff (i.e., TALON Badging, NAAP account requests, NRO 100 sponsor indoc, Gateway, CAC, and some in-processing actions specific to directorate requirements). Support various out-processing functions to include AORS.
* Maintain current knowledge of each NSP project's sponsor approvers to ensure all actions are correctly routed for approvals and move through the sponsor process efficiently. This includes continuous coordination with our MITRE McLean GSS case manager and Chantilly onsite SSO for timely tracking of personnel actions.
* Manage and coordinate a variety of NSP events/meetings with numerous senior-level government sponsors, MITRE VPs, and MITRE staff. Events include NSP Program Management Reviews (PMRs) and NSP Management Team meetings.
* Track, coordinate, assemble, and file NSP Monthly Project Activity Reports. This includes collaborating with NSP Department Managers and/or Chief Engineers to conduct quality review of the project submissions and provide feedback to Project Leaders on areas for improvement.
* Develop an NSP Privileged User Report to provide to the sponsor twice per year.
* Maintain records of transactions related to staff joining and departing the NSP program and specific projects.
* Manage NSP shared document site(s).
* Track and coordinate NSP action items.
* Track and file NSP deliverables.
* Track, coordinate, and file yearly NSP contract artifacts.
* Work with NSP Department Managers to develop and deliver a program onboarding briefing.
* Assist NSP Project Leaders (as required) with inputting project staffing in the MITRE Clarity tool.
* Assist NSP financial analyst team with monthly billing tasks; work will include quality assurance reviews and serving as back-up if needed to complete electronic submission of invoices and reports.
* Assist Project Leaders (as required) in working with MITRE Contracts Manager; financial reporting for Government Program Reviews (Quarterly) and Business Reviews (monthly).
* Top Secret SCI clearance with polygraph.
* Ability to work on-site in secure government and MITRE facilities
* Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
* A high level of initiative and professionalism in working closely with a diverse group of MITRE and government staff, managers, and support personnel.
* Exceptional Microsoft Office Suite skills to include Outlook, OneNote, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams.
* Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and ability to operate and team with MITRE management, staff and clients are a must.
* Must effectively apply strong self-organization and time management skills, with considerable emphasis on self-initiation, independent decision making, accuracy and follow through on a broad range of administrative support tasks.
* TS/SCI with poly
* Experience with common commercial tools used for project management (e.g., Excel, Clarity PPM) to assist NSP PLs with maintaining accurate staffing plans and cost estimates.
* Experience with Technical Writing to assist PLs with their project deliverables.
This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum of the following clearance(s):
This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s):
MITRE requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. MITRE will provide reasonable accommodation to those with a medical condition, disability or a sincerely held religious belief that prevents them from receiving a vaccine so long as it does not create an undue hardship for MITRE and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the employee or others in the workplace.
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Poster-Supplement and Pay Transparency.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE's employment process, please contact MITRE's Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 1997-2021, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
Benefits information may be found here
$41k-64k yearly est.