One of the best ways to acquire the skills needed to be a field sales representative is to take an online course. We've identified some online courses from Udemy and Coursera that will help you advance in your career. Since field sales representatives benefit from having skills like excellent time management, customer service, and powerpoint, we found courses that will help you improve these skills.
Field Sales Representative Skills For Your Resume And Career
Research Summary. Below we've compiled a list of the most important skills for a field sales representative. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of field sales representative resumes they appeared on. For example, 16.5% of field sales representative resumes contained excellent time management as a skill. Let's find out what skills a field sales representative actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace.
- The most common hard skill for a field sales representative is excellent time management. 16.5% field sales representatives have this skill on their resume.
- The second most common hard skill for a field sales representative is customer service appearing on 7.8% of resumes. The third most common is powerpoint on 6.2% of resumes.
- Three common soft skills for a field sales representative are customer-service skills, interpersonal skills and physical stamina.
Below we've compiled a list of the most important skills for a field sales representative. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of field sales representative resumes they appeared on. For example, 16.5% of field sales representative resumes contained excellent time management as a skill. Let's find out what skills a field sales representative actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace.
15 Essential Field Sales Representative Skills For Your Resume And Career
1. Excellent Time Management
- Demonstrated excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and excellent time management skills.
- Developed excellent time Management skills.
- Utilized excellent time management skills, traveled the territory making optimum use of time at each appointment and trip.
- Acquired excellent time management skills by reaching constantly expanding benchmarks in an increasing product line.
2. Customer Service
- Maximized volume and revenue growth throughout the territory through account management, merchandising, promotional program planning/execution, and customer service.
- Promoted to Technical Service Representative with responsibility for meeting weekly production goals, along with customer service and account management goals.
- Direct my team by integrating managerial skills with my account relationship specialist and customer service representative to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Acted as liaison between customers, manufacturers and manufacturer representatives to provide accurate price quotes and efficient customer service.
- Developed and presented seminars on selling and installation features to warehouse distributors, installers and internal customer service representatives.
- Develop and utilize PowerPoint presentations demonstrating web based ordering system with new and existing customers.
- Researched competitive product lines and presented PowerPoint presentations to general manager and sales staff.
- Conducted PowerPoint podium presentations and facilitated peer review speaker programs.
- Presented information effectively, through oral and written communication and through media, such as MS PowerPoint.
- Served as primary presenter at most grower meetings, utilizing PowerPoint.
And if you’re looking for a job, here are the five top employers hiring now:
- Self-generated qualified straight Medicare and Dual Eligible applicants monthly to achieve company standards.
- Conducted individual home appointments, educating and enrolling prospects on Medicare Plans.
- Identified, educated and enrolled Medicare beneficiaries into a managed care plan.
- Generated monthly average revenue of $337K for Anthem Blue Cross through enrollment of new members in company's Medicare Plans.
- Attended numerous grass root events and health fairs throughout the year to promote my company and our Medicare products.
5. Account Management
- Developed expertise in building top-producing sales contracts through strategic marketing, tactical sales and key account management.
- Developed and maintained relationships with new and existing customers through effective account management and service.
- Established superior business rapport with clients and suppliers through detailed account management.
- Provided account management and good working relationships to existing customers.
- Handled territory management, account management, and customer retention.
6. Sales Presentations
- Delivered sales presentations to physicians, rehabilitation counselors, Veterans Administration, school systems and educators, etc.
- Developed and implemented effective sales strategies, including Plan-specific sales presentations for groups and individuals.
- Performed and created individual sales presentations to maximize store display and future cross-sell opportunities.
- Supported strategic corporate brand marketing initiatives and gained store management commitment through sales presentations.
- Communicated sales presentations catered to unique medical specialties in a critical time frame.
Choose From 10+ Customizable Field Sales Representative Resume templates
Zippia allows you to choose from different easy-to-use Field Sales Representative templates, and provides you with expert advice. Using the templates, you can rest assured that the structure and format of your Field Sales Representative resume is top notch. Choose a template with the colors, fonts & text sizes that are appropriate for your industry.
7. Direct Sales
- Direct sales of residential electricity contracts.
- Achieved monthly sales results that are in the top tier of direct sales representatives in the nation since being hired.
- Create customer orders and direct sales to key Distributors with extensive follow up and use of CRM.
- Position: Field Sales Representative Direct sales of outdoor clothing and accessories to wholesale and retail businesses.
- Performed direct sales of motor oil and related automotive products in an assigned territory covering five counties.
- Utilize SAP CRM and Reporting systems to manage accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities, and forecast.
- Track all sales activity, contacts and history in ACT (CRM program).
- Required to have a strong working knowledge of the CRM and TrakQuip system.
- Logged meetings and calls into CRM system and SalesForce online reporting software systems.
- Develop and maintain a positive 250 CRM list.
9. Product Knowledge
- Collaborated with manufacturer reps to improve product knowledge and expertise increasing consultative value to my clients.
- Coached product knowledge proficiency and effective communication skills to accomplish company sales goals.
- Work closely with local manufacturer representatives to increase product knowledge and sales.
- Provided product knowledge to Department Managers and Department Associates.
- Prioritized self-improvement by learning product knowledge and obtaining certificates.
Field Sales Representative Jobs
10. Develop Strong Relationships
- Develop strong relationships with store management teams to create a partnership and increase sales year over year.
- Utilized Spanish fluency to develop strong relationships and a loyal carrier base which increased revenue margins.
- Offer quick response for follow up to all customers to develop strong relationships.
11. Customer Relations
- Directed all territory sales activities including product introduction, customer training, product education, business analysis, and customer relations.
- Established customer relationships and sold primary care products in fast-moving compliance-oriented environment-developing customer empathy and insight vital to future roles.
- Job responsibilities also included billing, developing and maintaining customer relationships, delivery coordination, and equipment assembly.
- Focused on customer relationships to grow existing business for established accounts and develop new accounts within the territory.
- Achieved company set sales goals through customer relationship management, positive relationships with store management and marketing efforts.
- Marketed and sold Open range Broadband wireless internet and digital telephone services to new consumers.
- Participated in the launching and marketing of broadband internet in Orlando with great success.
- Direct Sales of voice, broadband, mobile, cloud servers and applications for small to medium sized businesses
- Managed and maintained a weekly quota for broadband, and other wireless products.
- Present and sell Cbeyond's Voice, Broadband and Marketing applications to small and medium size business customers.
- Cross-merchandised across several departments utilizing a variety of displays and other POS.
- Operate a $1 million wholesale business specializing in automotive sales and supplying POS items to retail stores.
- Merchandised diverse CPG product line according to demand levels and executed POS programs to increase incremental sales.
- Coordinated 20 Sales & Marketing events that have each generated at least $3,000 in POS.
- Deliver POS materials to all channels to maintain Nokia brand awareness in store.
14. Sales Process
- Research, Prospect and Manage the sales process and proposed marketing campaigns for businesses in the Seattle area.
- Trained sales reps on policy and procedures, field sales strategies, and mentored the sales process.
- Initiated sales process promoting service, products, equipment, and capabilities for multiple product lines.
- Worked with customers to identify needs, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process.
- Researched potential prospects and initiated sales process resulting in 15% increase n new business.
15. Sales Strategies
- Coordinated revenue-producing sales strategies within assigned schools throughout a nine-county area to generate increase school profit opportunities.
- Assisted marketing personnel and corporate accounts department staff with advertising and promotional sales strategies.
- Maximized market share growth utilizing educational tools and consultative sales strategies.
- Ensured maximum sales of Scholastic products by visiting assigned schools, mentoring book fair chairpersons and developing creative sales strategies.
- Have meetings with Home Depot District and store management in Rochester and Buffalo markets to discuss and implement sales strategies.
- Excellent Time Management, 16.5%
- Customer Service, 7.8%
- PowerPoint, 6.2%
- Medicare, 6.0%
- Account Management, 5.6%
- Sales Presentations, 5.1%
- Direct Sales, 4.8%
- Other Skills, 48.0%
skills are in demand
Jobs With Trending Skills
Field Sales Representative Jobs You Might Like
- High Paying Field Sales Representative Jobs - $88K and Up
- Work From Home Field Sales Representative Jobs
- Entry Level Field Sales Representative Jobs
- Part Time Field Sales Representative Jobs
- Actively Hiring
- No Degree Field Sales Representative Jobs
List Of Skills To Add To Your Field Sales Representative Resume
According to recent trends, the most relevant field sales representative Resume Keywords for your resume are:
- Excellent Time Management
- Customer Service
- Account Management
- Sales Presentations
- Direct Sales
- Product Knowledge
- Develop Strong Relationships
- Customer Relations
- Sales Process
- Sales Strategies
- Territory Sales
- Trade Shows
- Business Relationships
- Business Development
- Marketing Campaigns
- Customer Satisfaction
- Sales Growth
- Brand Marketing
- Sales Quota
- Territory Development
- Store Management
- Work Ethic
- Customer Accounts
- Keep Management
- Lead Generation
- Product Training
- Sales Reps
- Store Associates
- Revenue Growth
- Market Trends
- Sales Associates
- Increase Sales
- Product Placement
- Business Sales
- Medical Sales
- Sales Objectives
- Cold Calls
- Product Line
Real Examples Of Field Sales Representative Resumes That Use These Skills
Build a professional field sales representative resume in minutes. Browse through our resume examples to identify the best way to word your resume. Then choose from 12+ resume templates to create your field sales representative resume.
Field Sales Representative
Rocky Hill, CT
Field Sales Representative
2020 - Present
TruGreenRocky Hill, CT
2013 - 2020
VerizonNew York, NY
Child Care Provider (Part-Time)
2012 - 2013
ACSNew York, NY
Bachelor's Degree Communication
2010 - 2013
New York UniversityNew York, NY
Field Sales Representative
REPProduct KnowledgeChannel PartnersBusiness OwnersSales FloorSales ProcessSales GoalsSales ConsultantsStore ManagementSales Support
Field Sales Representative
2019 - Present
The Home Depot
2009 - 2019
Field Sales Representative
2000 - 2009
High Point, NC
Bachelor's Degree Business
1992 - 1995
Field Sales Representative
Field Sales Representative2019 - Present
Andrew Wyeth•Sanford, NC
Chemical Sales Representative2018 - 2019
Child Care Provider2008 - 2018
YMCA of Greater Indianapolis•Indianapolis, IN
Personal HabitsDepotAccount ManagementSales ProcessProduct DevelopmentPositive RelationshipsDaily ActivitiesDSRPersonal CareChemical Sales
Bachelor's Degree Business2005 - 2008
DeVry University•Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Ready To Start Your Field Sales Representative Resume?
Choose Your Current Work Experience To Start Creating Your Resume
Online Courses For Field Sales Representatives
1. Salesforce Sales Development Representative
If you’ve always wanted a rewarding career, the tech sales industry may be the path for you. If you’re an ambitious problem-solver who likes to win, you’ll find tech sales not only fulfilling, but lucrative as well. As the tech industry continuously introduces innovative services and products, tech sales roles have become more crucial than ever. SDRs are in the front lines of the tech biz, connecting with customers and clients, and coming up with the smartest solutions for their problems. Sales...See More on Coursera
2. HubSpot Sales Representative
Whether you're completely new to sales and looking to start a new career, or you want to grow in your current sales role, this five-course career training program from the inbound sales experts at HubSpot can help you reach your career goals.\n\nYou’ll start by learning the basics of sales enablement and how sales and marketing teams can collaborate to create and keep relationships with their targeted buyers. You’ll develop data-driven sales goals and influential content to enable you to...See More on Coursera
3. The Complete B2B Sales Masterclass: 6 Courses in 1
1. Generate Leads, 2. Pitch, 3. Close & Handle Any Objection: Get Certified in Cutting Edge, Non-Pushy B2B Sales System...See More on Udemy
4. Sales Fire: B2B Sales & Business Development for Startups
The Ultimate Sales Methodology for Business Development & B2B Sales to Learn Sales Strategy, Sales Skills & Deal Closing...See More on Udemy
5. Sales Training: Practical Sales Techniques
Sales Hacking: Essential sales skills, sales strategies and sales techniques to sell just about anything!...See More on Udemy
6. Sales Machine: The Sales Training B2B Master Course
Learn Sales Strategies & Sales Techniques to Sell ANYTHING for Entrepreneurs, Startup, B2B Sales, & Business Development...See More on Udemy
7. Sales Funnels Masterclass: Increase Sales With Sales Funnels
Learn to create highly converting sales, conduct professional email marketing & 10X your sales with sales funnel fast!...See More on Udemy
8. Business Development & B2B Sales for Startups- Sales Valley
The Complete Startup Playbook for Business Development & B2B Sales to learn Lead Generation, Pitching, & Closing Deals...See More on Udemy
9. Sales Skills: 9 Sales Training Courses In 1
Develop Killer Sales Skills With The Ultimate Sales Training (Taught By 5 Top Sales Experts)...See More on Udemy
10. Sales Training: How To Close More Sales
Closing Sales: Sales Training Course: Sales Skills; Selling Techniques; Sales Strategies for B2B, B2C Direct Sales...See More on Udemy
11. The Complete Sales Skills Master Class - Sales Marketing B2B
Master Sales Skills, Marketing Strategy, B2B Sales, Business Development, Lead Generation Using Top Social Skills...See More on Udemy
12. Sales Fundamentals
Learn how to sell with core, proven techniques that have generated millions in sales revenue...See More on Udemy
13. Sales Training Pro: The Complete Sales Presentation Course
Practical, Hands-on Sales Techniques and Tools to Effortlessly Engage your Customers In Your Sales Presentations...See More on Udemy
14. Sales Training Everyone sells!
This course will give you extensive knowledge about the whole sales process...See More on Udemy
15. Sales Skills Mastery 1: Sales Training For Beginners
Selling Techniques and Sales Strategy that Every Salesperson Ought to Know - Sales Training For the Modern World...See More on Udemy
16. B2B Sales Objections Simplified
B2B Sales Skill: Learn How to Handle the Most Common Sales Objections, Over the Phone and in Person!...See More on Udemy
17. CRUSH IT! Sales Strategies
Discover a step by step sales process you can drop into your business to re-connect with lost prospects. Close Sales Now...See More on Udemy
18. Sales Methodologies: Best Practices for Enterprise Selling
Apply sales methodology and sales process best practices to the modern enterprise selling organization...See More on Udemy
19. LinkedIn Sales Navigator: LinkedIn's tool for B2B Sales
LinkedIn Sales Navigator best remote practices for the LinkedIn premium service for business development and B2B sales...See More on Udemy
20. Professional Sales Training - Compelling Conversations
Sky rocket your sales performance through persuasive sales messages and compelling sales conversations...See More on Udemy
Ready To Build Your Resume?
Ready To Build Your Resume?